Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Marcus Peters?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    He's on a $9M 5th year option for 1st round picks. This become fully guaranteed once the league year started. Usually guaranteed money stays with the old team. Any idea if this is true for the 5th year option?
    I don't believe that's quite accurate. Salary is traded. Signing bonus stays with the team. The salary being guaranteed does not mean the Ravens don't have to pay 11/17 of his cap hit.

Anyone got a source on price (Young + 5)?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Marcus Peters?

I think Peters is overrated but if it’s just for a 5th and or Kenny Young, it’s a great trade.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Wow that was fast. Hopefully Peters can help

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    He's on a $9M 5th year option for 1st round picks. This become fully guaranteed once the league year started. Usually guaranteed money stays with the old team. Any idea if this is true for the 5th year option?
    99% sure that is not true. Only if it was in the form of bonus. When you trade for a player you assume his contract liabilities. Bonus money stays with the team because it was already paid and it is a cap hit.

He was getting toasted a lot if you listen to rams fan. But he’ll be a upgrade over Canady. I wonder if we move jimmy smith to safety now to take over for earl and the joker.

peters sucks hahahahah

Blog Entries

What’s going on? Is this real?

8. Re: Marcus Peters?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think Peters is overrated but if it’s just for a 5th and or Kenny Young, it’s a great trade.
    I wonder if they are thinking of moving Jimmy Smith to safety when he comes back?

I am thinking this is a sign that Jimmy Smith is moving to safety or Ravens don't think he making back to full health.

Gimme those interceptions and that compensatory pick

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Seems like a lot for a rental, but if he plays well it's still worth it.
    Young was passed by Board in camp. He is now behind Bynes, Fort, Board, and Peanut. And with most of the packages we are running, he was not going to be seeing much of the field. I had high hopes for Young when we drafted him, but now I don't think he was going to amount to much if anything on this defense.

Maybe Rams will fit his skillset better. Gotta love EDC being bold though!
    "Chin up, chest out."

So I’m seeing it’s just for Kenny Young.

Wow
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.