Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: SIAP: Hypo- Leonard Williams for a 3rd and 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Sounds like another Brandon Williams to me. I get that the stats probably don’t tell the story, but the biggest need is someone who can get to the QB, or at least knock him off his spot. Playing for Gregg Williams shouldn’t he be a menace right about now.
    What? He is nothing like Brandon Williams. What do you think pressures are?

Sounds like another Brandon Williams to me. I get that the stats probably don’t tell the story, but the biggest need is someone who can get to the QB, or at least knock him off his spot. Playing for Gregg Williams shouldn’t he be a menace right about now.
    Leonard Williams definitely has pass rushing skills and gets after the quarterback. He probably had his best game so far this year against The Cowboys but he hasn't really been the dominant pass rusher I believe The Jets have hoped for. I'm not really sure if The Ravens should give up a 3rd and 5th for him though and The Ravens only have about 9 million in cap space so they would have to figure out how to make room for him cap wise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He’s been consistently double teamed the last few years and is still near the top of the pressures leaderboard for IDLs since he came into the league. Look at more than sacks.
    He be consistently double teamed here too. He's a good complimentary piece for a team that can get pressure. If Williams ended up on the Panthers or Saints he'd be really good. Here is no different than the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He be consistently double teamed here too. He's a good complimentary piece for a team that can get pressure. If Williams ended up on the Panthers or Saints he'd be really good. Here is no different than the Jets.
    I don't know. I mean imagine how much easier the jobs of Judon and McPhee become if we can actually get some interior pressure. I think it's a little more valuable than you realize.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Wouldn’t we most likely get a 3rd back in 2021 if he signs elsewhere?

Think I’d be all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Again, he's been double teamed consistently and he's still racked up his own pressures throughout his career. Last year he was 6th in IDL pressures league-wide with 53. Plus as Shrubbs said he would make life much easier for the guys we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post

Excellent point man I hadn't even thought of this

Two players on the Jets are tied for the team lead in sacks with two each. Don’t see where Williams is making other players around him have a free run at the QB either.

Two players on the Jets are tied for the team lead in sacks with two each. Don’t see where Williams is making other players around him have a free run at the QB either.
    I mean, the Jets have had a ton of injury on both sides of the ball. I think if Quinnen Williams and CJ Mosley were there and contributing, the team would look a lot different defensively. If Darnold was there and playing as well as he did last week, man they might actually have a respectable record.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post

I would as well. Williams is a lot better than Wormley, who IMO is a JAG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I mean, the Jets have had a ton of injury on both sides of the ball. I think if Quinnen Williams and CJ Mosley were there and contributing, the team would look a lot different defensively. If Darnold was there and playing as well as he did last week, man they might actually have a respectable record.
    Don’t get me wrong, I want to be sold on this guy.

Yeah their pass rush is much worse than ours. They have no one who could hold Judon's jock. Brandon Copeland is starting there, remember him? The UDFA from Gilman we signed a few years back? He's a cool story and a hometown kid but it's a really bad sign when he's your best pass rusher.