Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Q retires a Raven

The "plan" was great. Pay Flacco, RR and Pitta as your young core. Torrey looked good. Jacoby as secondary speed on outside. Smart young center in Gino. Great draft pick previous year in Osemele. McKinney seemingly on track. Up and coming young guys ready to take the mantle in Tandon and Deonte. Bridge the defensive gaps with some vet FAs. Grab team captain type guys in the draft on defense to help rebuild it with the loss of Ray and Ed. (Elam and Authur Brown - OOF!!)

It FAILED at pretty much EVERY SINGLE critical point. It was uncanny. And yet that damn ragtag squad still had a chance to make the playoffs in week 17 I think

Re: Q retires a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    So nothing. I was going to guess that too.
    "Nothing" would have actually been better than Brown

3. Re: Q retires a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The "plan" was great. Pay Flacco, RR and Pitta as your young core. Torrey looked good. Jacoby as secondary speed on outside. Smart young center in Gino. Great draft pick previous year in Osemele. McKinney seemingly on track. Up and coming young guys ready to take the mantle in Tandon and Deonte. Bridge the defensive gaps with some vet FAs. Grab team captain type guys in the draft on defense to help rebuild it with the loss of Ray and Ed. (Elam and Authur Brown - OOF!!)

It FAILED at pretty much EVERY SINGLE critical point. It was uncanny. And yet that damn ragtag squad still had a chance to make the playoffs in week 17 I think
    Yup. If they had defeated the Bengals in week 17, I believe they take the final wild card spot from San Diego on conference record (7-5 against 6-6). If the Chargers had lost (the Chiefs missed a FG at the end of regulation before losing in OT), there would have been a five-way tie at 8-8 (but it looks like the Steelers would have eliminated the Ravens on division record)!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)