Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: DeShon Elliott going to IR

Quote Originally Posted by temp19 View Post
    I feel bad for him, but honestly I’d cut bait on him. When he is healthy again I’d cut him. We wasted too much time with Campanaro and this guy reeks of that to me.
    This, frankly, might be the single dumbest opinion I've ever seen in my decade here (which is saying quite a bit).

Elliott is 22, under team control for two more years at just a trickle above the league minimum. So let's wait until he is healthy again and THEN cut him because 5 years ago we drafted a player in the 7th round who always seemed to be hurt. Their situations look virtually identical (sarcasm).

Elliott broke his arm last year, and then his knee torpedoed by friendly fire this year. Campanaro couldn't brush his teeth without pulling 4 different muscles.

2. Re: DeShon Elliott going to IR

Brought back Bennett Jackson. I like the move, and personally happy for the guy as well.

Also, silly to suggest cutting Elliott. His injuries are more of the fluke variety than injury prone.

Glad someone else figured out the broken arm, then bad knee injury syndrome. He would only do the others next in an effort to suck minimal money out of the Ravens.

IR him and bring him back next year. Cost you nothing. He has shown promise and he has youth and low cap numbers on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenspaintball271 View Post
    Brought back Bennett Jackson. I like the move, and personally happy for the guy as well.

Also, silly to suggest cutting Elliott. His injuries are more of the fluke variety than injury prone.
    No, he’s injury prone. He’s also cost effective with some upside, but not someone they can plan around for role and roster purposes. He’s one of those if you get anything it’s a bonus type of players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No, he’s injury prone. He’s also cost effective with some upside, but not someone they can plan around for role and roster purposes. He’s one of those if you get anything it’s a bonus type of players.
    I agree with this...I certainly don't think they should cut him as he's cheap depth with high upside for the next two years, but he's now 2 for 2 with season ending injuries and will have played 6 games in 2 years. Totally agree that anything you get from him moving forward should be considered a bonus and they should not be planning the roster expecting him to play 16 games. It doesn't matter if it's fluke injuries or not, you are what you are in the NFL and so far, he is absolutely carrying the injury prone label.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    We could trade a first round pick for Minkah Fitzpatrick????
    No. Let some other foolish team do that....