Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Yesterday's attendance

for those that went to the game, how was the attendance? I know it was only Cinci, but it looked like there was a lot of open seats during the course of the game.

Re: Yesterday's attendance

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    for those that went to the game, how was the attendance? I know it was only Cinci, but it looked like there was a lot of open seats during the course of the game.
    Def seemed less crowded than the first 2 home games. But we got loud in the 4q on the Bengals' later possessions

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It wasn't a real high energy crowd. But when the offense made a big play and on key third downs, it felt pretty loud.

Blog Entries

Definitely not as crowded. Lot less energy than the first 2. If there was a game on the schedule though where this would be the case, it was this one. For whatever reason, games against cin have never drawn as well as others.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

5. Re: Yesterday's attendance

The price of the stub hub tickets let me know there wasn't a sellout. On Saturday, the cheapest seats were going for only $35.

Blog Entries

Lots of empty seats in the upper deck...but the team was still advertising face value single game tickets on Saturday so I knew it wouldn't be a full crowd. Like I said after the first home game...this is the new normal and it's not just the Ravens.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I estimate the actual crowd at about 45,000 (about 1/3rd empty). Pretty quiet - even when Dan led the cheer.

Basis for my estimate: look at these photos, which I took from my seat about mid-way through the 1st Quarter. All the crowd had arrived and was pretty well seated by the time of the flyover. Entry lines were only at about 8-10 deep when we entered the stadium at about 12:45. Beautiful day for a football game: 60 degrees, no Sun in your face, no rain.

We have attendance problems. That is what happened in the late 70s, resulting in losing our team and going 12 years without NFL. Excuses galore won't faze an owner who is far behind others in revenues. If some of the fans who don't attend games don't show support, it can happen again.

M+T2.jpg

M+T 2 (2).jpg

M+T 2 (1).jpg
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Attendance is down across the league. Football is a better product on TV than live. Over the last decade or so, the NFL has made a large push to improve the home viewing experience. The flip side is lower live attendance. This article details the numbers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr.../#49b39c8b5bb7
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Attendance is down across the league. Football is a better product on TV than live. Over the last decade or so, the NFL has made a large push to improve the home viewing experience. The flip side is lower live attendance. This article details the numbers.

Also, the NFL was able to consistently raise prices due to a locked in customer base that always had to weigh losing their PSL investment vs. constant rising prices. Now, that base has aged out (and is even literally dying off) and the net generation can't afford it or simply realizes better value in the home TV experience. Granted, I still prefer the real thing but I already have expensive hobbies (music).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Also, the NFL was able to consistently raise prices due to a locked in customer base that always had to weigh losing their PSL investment vs. constant rising prices. Now, that base has aged out (and is even literally dying off) and the net generation can't afford it or simply realizes better value in the home TV experience. Granted, I still prefer the real thing but I already have expensive hobbies (music).
    Studies show younger people would rather not sit in the same seat every week and have the freedom to mingle and socialize. I guess you can say they view it more as a social gathering than a football game. Therefore, they will buy more single game tickets and not psl's, which is what the Ravens should be driving at. How to get younger people to buy psl's. I'm fall into that younger category, but love the psl's we have and the people we're surrounded by. Unfortunately, many people my age don't feel the same way

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

Dade, I agree. Although an old buck like me always wanted to see sports live from a stadium or arena in my youth, it's so much easier to see the game at home now. This isn't a revelation for any of you, but no travelling (whether by public transport or car where you also have to pay for parking), ticket/beer/food prices, weather conditions, then having the hassle of the long commute home. I believe that eventually, when I'm no longer walking the Earth, the stadiums will only have luxury boxes with no public seating at all... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I estimate the actual crowd at about 45,000 (about 1/3rd empty). Pretty quiet - even when Dan led the cheer.

Basis for my estimate: look at these photos, which I took from my seat about mid-way through the 1st Quarter. All the crowd had arrived and was pretty well seated by the time of the flyover. Entry lines were only at about 8-10 deep when we entered the stadium at about 12:45. Beautiful day for a football game: 60 degrees, no Sun in your face, no rain.

We have attendance problems. That is what happened in the late 70s, resulting in losing our team and going 12 years without NFL. Excuses galore won't faze an owner who is far behind others in revenues. If some of the fans who don't attend games don't show support, it can happen again.

M+T2.jpg

M+T 2 (2).jpg

M+T 2 (1).jpg
    45k... that's a huge overreaction. I counted the tickets sold and unsold (I include broker tickets in unsold) on Sunday morning, and I came up with 66k and some change. Give or take 500-1000 people who had tickets not entering the stadium (too drunk, emergency, whatever the reason) and that still puts us at 64, 65k that entered the stadium. The problem I think is the younger people who get up out of they seats a lot and go socialize or do whatever else, instead of making sure they're in their seats by the time the next drive/quarter/half starts to see the game. Lines and what not are a separate issue that I hope the Ravens can figure out a way to get fixed. But if you weren't a psl owner and there was one game on the schedule this year that you wouldn't go to.. A game against the 0-5 Bengals has to be one of, if not the one game at the top of your list it wouldn't kill you to miss. Not like the cleveland game, the NE sunday nighter, or shittsburgh week 17 which are games that are a lot more enticing to see. The whole league is having this issue. Compared to the rest of the NFL, we're doing just fine thusfar in 2019.