Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Earl Thomas Revenge Game

I don't now how Wilson doesn't carve up this secondary with unlimited time in the pocket

Don’t think they’ll be much to see with ET getting his revenge or whatever, but who knows. Wilson has lots of other Ravens he can, and will, pick on unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Josepho View Post
    The secondary is probably the weak point of that team, so I really hope Hollywood is back.

I'm not expecting to win this game but if we can keep it close, I think it bodes well for the future.
    Having watched the Seahawks all year, without Russell Wilson I doubt that they would have won a game. Their O-line is bad and they cannot cover in the secondary as they let Andy Dalton pass for 400 yards. The Ravens can win this game but travelling coast to coast is tough on any team and I see them losing by a field goal. Wilson is an escape artist and he needs to be with his O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I don't now how Wilson doesn't carve up this secondary with unlimited time in the pocket
    My concern with ET is he will try to hard to make a splash play and get burned in coverage. Add that to the Ravens lack of pass rush and it could be a very long game Sunday.

I expect it to be a close game with the turnover battler being they key. (Yeah I know cue captain obvious.)

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    My concern with ET is he will try to hard to make a splash play and get burned in coverage. Add that to the Ravens lack of pass rush and it could be a very long game Sunday.

I expect it to be a close game with the turnover battler being they key. (Yeah I know cue captain obvious.)
    Nah. ET is too much of a veteran to press. It will be a good matchup because Russ still respects his game.

it's the highest level of the sport, so i always take the "he's going to be even hungrier" narratives with a grain of salt, but i do think things like this (especially on defense, where everything is about team) helps elevate not only ET's game, but his teammates who know how important it is for him. same thing when a player goes down with a serious carted-off-the-field kind of injury. it's not like the team wasn't trying up to that point and suddenly they all start giving it their all, but things like that do have a way of sometimes focusing or sharpening a team's resolve. it's good timing, especially with the bye week. gonna be tough to overcome the loss of Elliott on top of everything else, but I do think this game is winnable.

i don't think it makes much difference physically, but mentally i think it does. players use things like this to lock into the zone and stay there the whole game. ET has had this date circled on his calendar for months.

Hopefully he tries more this game than I’ve seen him try so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    He's going to look like tucker in that madden beta

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk