Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Schedule Gets Tougher

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    To be fair the Ravens have not been dominating teams with the exception of the Miami game. In the two losses the Ravens were down over two TDs and put up some late game points to make them look closer. 3 of the games against bad teams came down to getting stops on the final possession. If they put up a couple of two TD wins over the Bengals and Cards I think people would be more positive. We also nearly lost to Pitt who rolled a 6th round rookie off the bench to QB the 2nd half.
    I disagree 1000%.

People would be singing to the heavens that the big points didn't matter because they came against teams the Ravens SHOULD beat. The ravens were up two scores on the Bengals and had just executed the longest drive of the NFL season when they put up some late points to make the game look closer. Also, "nearly" losses don't count. The Pats "nearly" lost to the Bills. The Chiefs "nearly" lost to the Lions. The Seahwaks "nearly" lost to the Browns. Look I get it, people can feel however they want - doesn't make them any less of a fan. i just don't understand how folks get any enjoyment out of watching sports with such a 'realistic" attitude.

@ Seattle : Double digit loss
    vs Patriots : Double digit loss
    @ Bengals : Win
    vs Texans : Loss
    @ Rams : Loss
    vs 49ers : Loss
    @ Bills : Loss
    vs Jets : Win
    @ Browns : Loss
    vs Steelers Win

So I'll give them 3 more wins and a 7-9 record for the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    vs Steelers Win

You might be right, but I don’t understand this logic. The Seahawks beat the Bengals by 1 point in Seattle, and the Bengals are supposed to be a team that the Ravens should have crushed. Why would you think that the Ravens would get blown out by the Seahawks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I disagree 1000%.

People would be singing to the heavens that the big points didn't matter because they came against teams the Ravens SHOULD beat. The ravens were up two scores on the Bengals and had just executed the longest drive of the NFL season when they put up some late points to make the game look closer. Also, "nearly" losses don't count. The Pats "nearly" lost to the Bills. The Chiefs "nearly" lost to the Lions. The Seahwaks "nearly" lost to the Browns. Look I get it, people can feel however they want - doesn't make them any less of a fan. i just don't understand how folks get any enjoyment out of watching sports with such a 'realistic" attitude.
    I think the Ravens have a chance to beat anyone on their schedule. I picked them to go 8-8 before the season and that would be my pick now. That means they go 4 - 6. Whenever I look at the schedule I categorize teams into 3 buckets. Definite win. Could go either way. More than likely a loss.
    Here is how I see it the rest of the way:

Definite win: Bengals. Jets.
    Either way: Hou, LAR, Buf, Cleve, Pit
    Likely a loss: Sea, NEP, 49ers

If Houston was not at home I would put that as likely a loss. I switched 49ers and LAR from pre season picks.

Reason for SEA is that the team has to travel across the country and that is one of the hardest places to play. Pats have a really good defense and I don't see the defense being able to stop the Pats offense.

The Seahawks have only really blown out one team so far this season.

I still like them at that -3.5 line but it should be a close game.

Pulling off a real trade for pass rush would definitely help, just go back to LJ running all over everyone, but this defense can’t stop anyone. They’ll over perform in one of these games I think much like the Chargers last season, but they’ll have to do it more than once. I give them 0% chance of winning in Seattle but actually think they have a shot against the Patriots. What they can’t do is go and get beat by the Jets, Bengals, Steelers, and Browns. They have to win those.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think the Ravens have a chance to beat anyone on their schedule. I picked them to go 8-8 before the season and that would be my pick now. That means they go 4 - 6. Whenever I look at the schedule I categorize teams into 3 buckets. Definite win. Could go either way. More than likely a loss.
    Here is how I see it the rest of the way:

Definite win: Bengals. Jets.
    Either way: Hou, LAR, Buf, Cleve, Pit
    Likely a loss: Sea, NEP, 49ers

If Houston was not at home I would put that as likely a loss. I switched 49ers and LAR from pre season picks.

Reason for SEA is that the team has to travel across the country and that is one of the hardest places to play. Pats have a really good defense and I don't see the defense being able to stop the Pats offense.
    I'm not saying any of your reasoning isn't logical. Just saying, that's why they play the games. Of course you may have nailed it and get everyone of your predictions right. It could also go the opposite and they beat the "good teams" and lose to the bad ones and still wind up with the same record. I know the reasons they SHOULD win a game and the reasons they SHOULDN'T, but ive seen enough football to know that nothing is definite, so I just enjoy the ride.

I'm certain that 99% of the KC fans didn't have them losing to the Colts and Texans AT HOME especially when they looked and saw Luck retired and HOU lost it's #1 back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    You might be right, but I don’t understand this logic. The Seahawks beat the Bengals by 1 point in Seattle, and the Bengals are supposed to be a team that the Ravens should have crushed. Why would you think that the Ravens would get blown out by the Seahawks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The fact that the Seahawks are 3-0 on the road (and traditionally play very well at home), plus the fact that Wilson is having an MVP caliber season makes me think Sunday will be tough for us to win. We certainly have a chance but I'm not as optimistic as others here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    vs Steelers Win

We aren't going to lose to every good team and lose to the Bills and Browns (again) too. This team isn't going 3-7 in it's next 10 games.

If we beat the teams we should like the Bengals, Bills, Jets, Browns and Steelers we are 9-7. If we lose one of those games and are below .500 (2-3) against the good teams Seahawks, Patriots, Texans, Rams, 49ers we finish 10-6.

10. Re: Schedule Gets Tougher

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    This upcoming stretch was the main reason I had predicted 7-9 this season in the preseason threads. That still appears to be about right.

Logic: the Ravens should do 1-6 against mostly winning teams (includes the two undefeated teams and 4 road games vs 3 upper tier team). After eeking out a win yesterday (saved via premature touch by Bengals' KO team), even a road loss @ Cincy could happen: 0-7 worst case - but possible. Best case: I could see beating the good but not "elite" Bills, plus Cincy = 2-5.

For all of you purple Kool-Aid drinker predicting 6-1 to 4-3: thanks for making me smile! I sure hope that you are correct.
    We really don't know how good the Ravens are.

We know they lost to the Chiefs in Kansas City by 5.

And they lost at home to the Browns and hopefully the coaches figured out a way to prevent that.

The Ravens are 10-3 in the regular season with Lamar at QB. I just can't say that all of those teams - especially 3 NFC West teams - are all better than the Ravens. 5 games that look tough at this point, but I think they win somewhere between 2 and 5 of those 5 tough games, in addition to the Bengals.

The Ravens lost their 2 games because of failures caused by unnecessary passing. And in the 2 wins after that, those failures in the pass game weren't there. If they keep on not passing unnecessarily, get the win through running, I see wins there. The Ravens are on track to break a lot of rushing records, that's going to lead to wins.