Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Post Game Thoughts Thread.

I’m trying to figure out this “they played poorly and needed lucky breaks to get a win” narrative when we outgained them 497-250.

It took a lot of unlucky breaks to make the game even close, I thought.

Blog Entries

They’re good, but not great. Above average I’d say. Defense has serious holes, and the offense is very young. Going into the season I think we knew that the WR would be very up and down given the youth. I think there’s a lot of potential here. Lamar is ahead of schedule and has potential to be a top 5 player in this league. Theres a lot to be excited about but I think most knew that this year was about development. Next year is when the window should open. Cap space, lots of draft capital. They got the team turned around finally imo, now its time to take the leap forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    They’re good, but not great. Above average I’d say. Defense has serious holes, and the offense is very young. Going into the season I think we knew that the WR would be very up and down given the youth. I think there’s a lot of potential here. Lamar is ahead of schedule and has potential to be a top 5 player in this league. Theres a lot to be excited about but I think most knew that this year was about development. Next year is when the window should open. Cap space, lots of draft capital. They got the team turned around finally imo, now its time to take the leap forward.
    Agreed top to bottom.

Tough schedule coming up -- gotta play better. The teams we've beat are now 2-18-1.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Moral victories don’t get you very far, guy.

I also really don’t think they played like shit today.
    I don't think they played like shit either. Sorry if that'show it came across. I give it a B+. How would you classify it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One thing I love about this board, is this intelligent discourse. We are not blindly fans of our team, and we're not blindly haters. We know football and we know good football. I really appreciate all opinions I'm reading because it's quality. Love you all

7. Re: Post Game Thoughts Thread.

I was happy with our safety play. Liked a couple of the snaps I saw from Ward near the end. Can tell he’s raw but has real physical talent. Looked awkward at times, but seems like clay waiting to be molded so maybe we can coach him up to do one thing well: rush!

Great game from Humphrey. Liked Boykins routes and touches. Looked smooth today. Must get him involved more. I liked Hill’s runs as well, his vision is improving and I liked his package he had today. More of that. Thought Ricard had a good day blocking, with the constant commentator praise I really watched him. Was impressed. Bozeman had a rough day, glad he’s getting reps though. Will atleast be a solid depth guy if we can land a stud in the draft for the IOl. Have to watch the film more. I saw quite a bit I liked from guys individually!

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I don't think they played like shit either. Sorry if that'show it came across. I give it a B+. How would you classify it?

Fair. The “I’d rather play well and lose than play like shit and win” part made me think you were implying they did the latter today.

B+ feels exactly right today.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    One thing I love about this board, is this intelligent discourse. We are not blindly fans of our team, and we're not blindly haters. We know football and we know good football. I really appreciate all opinions I'm reading because it's quality. Love you all

By and large, hell yeah

Fair. The “I’d rather play well and lose than play like shit and win” part made me think you were implying they did the latter today.

B+ feels exactly right today.
    As usually, on the same page.

11. Re: Post Game Thoughts Thread.

By and large, hell yeah
    I would like to second this sentiment! I read a lot of boards, this is the best bar none! We have no flagrant assholes in the community, we all love the team, this board has real characters and intellect! I love it! So grateful I found it when I did and joined up. I’ve had personal struggles lately but reading this board gives me some escape at times. So thanks!

Y’all are impossible. WE WON!