Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Post Game Thoughts Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Its an absolute farce that after all those years of over drafting defense in those early rounds we have so many holes on defense.

Our d should be loaded and we should be surrounding lamar with young talent on offense, but at this stage i dont know how virtually every pick doesnt go to defense.

I just hope what happened with flacco doesn't happen to Lamar!
    I think it is because we kept letting defensive players go in free agency. Over the years we have put a ton of draft capital into the D, but most of those drafted players walked after their rookie deals, and in the past couple of years we've prioritized offense over defense in the draft, and that's how you get the product that our D current is.

It just feels like the last 4 years TBH.

We beat a bad team and are about to play a good team and my thought is "well if they can beat the Seahawks we'll be legit, if we lose then we're looking at 8-8 type year".

Just seems to be the same feeling over and over again with different reasons.

So I guess we'll see on Sunday lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I think it is because we kept letting defensive players go in free agency. Over the years we have put a ton of draft capital into the D, but most of those drafted players walked after their rookie deals, and in the past couple of years we've prioritized offense over defense in the draft, and that's how you get the product that our D current is.
    Our D is bad because too many of the draft picks were bad. And the ones that weren’t got overpaid to go elsewhere.

Yep! Full agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It just feels like the last 4 years TBH.

We beat a bad team and are about to play a good team and my thought is "well if they can beat the Seahawks we'll be legit, if we lose then we're looking at 8-8 type year".

Just seems to be the same feeling over and over again with different reasons.

So I guess we'll see on Sunday lol
    Yup. It's why I think we're an average team. The league is so mediocre though, and this division so awful, we probably should still be a playoff team and have a home playoff game again.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yup. It's why I think we're an average team. The league is so mediocre though, and this division so awful, we probably should still be a playoff team and have a home playoff game again.
    Which is good. I dont think we need to change our approach. We need to draft better and its very clear where the issues with the team are coincide with draft busts in recent years.

I'm encouraged with the offense, but still they can add iOL and another WR to make it better. But I see some flashes.

Defense needs an infusion of young talent.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB