Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Post Game Thoughts Thread.

Just a general thread for thoughts. Though, there will likely be specific threads for certain topics.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Post Game Thoughts Thread.

Pretty cool we still have scored over 20 points. Just wish we could switch up how we get the ball to WRs. I think it was Ex who mentioned that Snead isn't going off as much because we flood the middle with TEs. With how Andrews and Hurst can run routes on the outside, wouldn't you like to Snead and Boykin also working the middle?

Snead would’ve had a 50 yard TD today if he hadn’t slowed down

That seems to be a common disconnect with Lamar and a few of the receivers. They try to settle into a soft spot in the zone and Lamar throws it as if they’re going to keep running full speed.

Probably how they played at Louisville. That’s something that will come along with time as their chemistry improves.

Nice to see us do what we needed to do without over complicating it. Also nice to see some play variety and even a screen!

There's an incredible amount of mediocrity in this league.

And IMHO we are right in the middle of it.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

A mediocre team beating a bad team.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I think the changes on D and the playcalling looked good. I don't know where Romans head is. Running Lamar should be the back up plan, not the plan. Overall, team looked good. But then again, it's the bungles. I want to see our performance against somebody legit. Patriots. Even if we lose but play well, I'll be happy. We're building something

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    There's an incredible amount of mediocrity in this league.

And IMHO we are right in the middle of it.
    I think we are a quality pass rusher and Jimmy coming back away from pulling out of that. I really hope the front office figures this out. This game was a great example of how much our defense really needs a real pass rush upfront to work properly. When Dalton had time, which was often, he gashed us.

If we had the pass rush and healthy secondary I would feel more confident regarding playing top tier teams.

The offense can get it done. Need to keep adding more wrinkles but it seems they tried a couple today

We are done with the joke of a stretch we have had to start the year.

We are now starting on a good stretch of teams that will torch our defense with how it presently is performing.

Wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. The pass game is boring without Hollywood.

Joker looked good!