Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jaleel Scott

Re: Jaleel Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    it's depressing how many Tandon Doss and Darren Waller types we've had come through, looking good but never producing in games.
    Waller on drugs = inactive
    Walker off drugs = as many yards as Julio Jones and Larry Fitz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    I think it’s just a numbers game at this point. Boykins and brown are the good guys. Snead is a good slot option. Moore is a better gunner and Roberts is a great blocker. I want him out there too guess you can’t dress 6 WR when we are such a run first team.
    Agree it’s a numbers game and with Hollywood likely out he could get time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

3. Re: Jaleel Scott

I personally think Harbaugh gets unfairly blamed a lot for players that dont see the field. Aside from a personal conduct issue or just horrible play, I would think it would be ultimately the position's coach and coordinators who determine who's active or not.

The idea of a player not seeing the field bc of "harbaugh's doghouse", is a lazy hot take if you ask me. Unless a player is totally disrespectful, violated rules, or a locker room cancer, a coach is going to put his best players on the field to win.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Darren Waller is playing a lot in Oakland and producing for the Raiders. I thought he had ability but rarely saw him on the field for the Ravens.
    Waller seems to have finally gotten ahead of his drug problems. Good for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Darren Waller is playing a lot in Oakland and producing for the Raiders. I thought he had ability but rarely saw him on the field for the Ravens. Through the years Harbaugh gives some players lots of chances like a speedy Chris Moore who has helped costing the Ravens a few wins while playing wr in crucial times over the last few seasons ( Moore has only produced consistently on special teams). Then there are other players it seems sent to the dog house for an extended time after a fumble, dropping a pass, or he is a rookie.
    Please let's not anoint Waller as though he became some sort of star receiver. Yes he has 37 catches (42 targets), 359 yards (9.7 YPC), but ZERO TDs. Matter of fact, he hasn't caught a TD since he was a Raven in 2016. He's doing a good job, that's nice to see, but I wouldn't trade him for Mark Andrews, would you? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I would think it would be ultimately the position's coach and coordinators who determine who's active or not.
    Actually, I think Harbs makes the final call on who's up or down. He has to resolve priorities: whether the last couple guys will be offense, defense, or spec teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    The idea of a player not seeing the field bc of "harbaugh's doghouse", is a lazy hot take if you ask me. Unless a player is totally disrespectful, violated rules, or a locker room cancer, a coach is going to put his best players on the field to win.
    My impression is that the Ravens tend to use everyone who's active on game day (except for backup QBs). We rotate in a lot of different personnel groups; and a lot of guys play spec teams.

That's just an impression, I've never gone thru a player-usage exercise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Firstly, let’s address Waller. He himself admitted that he had a big drug problem when he was here and his personal life was a wreck. His mind just wasn’t there. He has since started cleaning it up and focusing. That’s the main reason why he didn’t see the field much, outside of his suspensions.

When you have the outcry there was for Moore to get more opportunities, only to see him screw up the way he did versus Cleveland, it reminds you that the coaches see these guys a lot more than we do.

What has Scott done that makes anyone think he’ll do more than what Roberts and Boykin have done? Have you forgotten that he needs to be on the same page with Lamar or they’ll be very limited in how they can use him, predictable for other teams?

I think this is a case of being careful what you ask for.
    Exactly. Waller said he was high every game and many times in practice. The clean and sober Waller who is performing in Oakland wasn’t on this team.

Moore is a good special teams player. That’s where most of his opportunities are. If it was based on WR play he’d benched for the reasons you mentioned.

The other guys are just higher on the depth chart then Scott. It’s unusual for us not to have injuries at the position. Even Brown who we all thought would miss real time has been able to play. Scott is going to just have to wait until someone gets hurt and perform well enough to push another guy down the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Please let's not anoint Waller as though he became some sort of star receiver. Yes he has 37 catches (42 targets), 359 yards (9.7 YPC), but ZERO TDs. Matter of fact, he hasn't caught a TD since he was a Raven in 2016. He's doing a good job, that's nice to see, but I wouldn't trade him for Mark Andrews, would you? ... Bc
    37 catches on 42 targets is ridiculous.

No, I wouldn’t trade him for Andrews, and no, I don’t regret letting him go. He, more than most, seemed to REALLY need a change of scenery. But I’m happy for him and it’s hard to say he isn’t having a hell of a year, TDs or no.

Jaleel Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    But, Jaleel Scott hasn't even been given a chance on the field to prove whether he belongs or not. I thought he was even better in preseason than Boykin. Why is he even on the team if he just rides the bench? This has to be a Harbaugh thing and I guess because he's not a special teams ace he's useless in Harbaugh's opinion.
    Of course he has been given a shot. He practices with the team every day. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean he is not getting a shot.

If he was abusing Marlon Humphrey in practice every day you bet your ass he’d be playing on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HotInHere; 10-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Firstly, let’s address Waller. He himself admitted that he had a big drug problem when he was here and his personal life was a wreck. His mind just wasn’t there. He has since started cleaning it up and focusing. That’s the main reason why he didn’t see the field much, outside of his suspensions.

When you have the outcry there was for Moore to get more opportunities, only to see him screw up the way he did versus Cleveland, it reminds you that the coaches see these guys a lot more than we do.

What has Scott done that makes anyone think he’ll do more than what Roberts and Boykin have done? Have you forgotten that he needs to be on the same page with Lamar or they’ll be very limited in how they can use him, predictable for other teams?

I think this is a case of being careful what you ask for.
    Agreed & the doghouse crap is such a tired narrative that will never go away. But that all being said, if Marquise can't go tomorrow y'all just might get your wish. Don't get me wrong I like Jaleel and I loved his preseason production but I'm not clamoring for him to get PT quite yet.

Let's see what tomorrow brings until then Ima defer to the coaching staff.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

I think we’ll see him bc bronw is out

This team doesn't need more help on receiver so he doesn't need to be active on gameday. Send help for DBs and LBs.