Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaleel Scott

Jaleel Scott

Why hasn't he played in any regular season games? He's a big target that looked phenomenal this preseason. Is this another Harbaugh doghouse situation?

Re: Jaleel Scott

I think it’s just a numbers game at this point. Boykins and brown are the good guys. Snead is a good slot option. Moore is a better gunner and Roberts is a great blocker. I want him out there too guess you can’t dress 6 WR when we are such a run first team.

it's depressing how many Tandon Doss and Darren Waller types we've had come through, looking good but never producing in games.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Why hasn't he played in any regular season games? He's a big target that looked phenomenal this preseason. Is this another Harbaugh doghouse situation?
    Simple answer - HARBAUGH - the greatest evaluator of football talent that has ever stepped onto a NFL football field. He's the genius that has institutionalized mediocrity in Baltimore football.

I don't see a way you activate him outside of injury. The most vulnerable guy is probably Seth Roberts, but he's such a good blocker that we'd probably hurt our running game by deactivating him since he's made quite a few good downfield blocks. Sucks but its just the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    it's depressing how many Tandon Doss and Darren Waller types we've had come through, looking good but never producing in games.
    Darren Waller is playing a lot in Oakland and producing for the Raiders. I thought he had ability but rarely saw him on the field for the Ravens. Through the years Harbaugh gives some players lots of chances like a speedy Chris Moore who has helped costing the Ravens a few wins while playing wr in crucial times over the last few seasons ( Moore has only produced consistently on special teams). Then there are other players it seems sent to the dog house for an extended time after a fumble, dropping a pass, or he is a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    But, Jaleel Scott hasn't even been given a chance on the field to prove whether he belongs or not. I thought he was even better in preseason than Boykin. Why is he even on the team if he just rides the bench? This has to be a Harbaugh thing and I guess because he's not a special teams ace he's useless in Harbaugh's opinion.

If the Ravens had weak TE's or even simply one or two servicable TE's, I'd say that Scott would probably be viewed as a viable weapon. It's a long season. When the team signed Roberts they had no Marquise Brown or Miles Boykin. Time will tell.

Blog Entries

Firstly, let’s address Waller. He himself admitted that he had a big drug problem when he was here and his personal life was a wreck. His mind just wasn’t there. He has since started cleaning it up and focusing. That’s the main reason why he didn’t see the field much, outside of his suspensions.

When you have the outcry there was for Moore to get more opportunities, only to see him screw up the way he did versus Cleveland, it reminds you that the coaches see these guys a lot more than we do.

What has Scott done that makes anyone think he’ll do more than what Roberts and Boykin have done? Have you forgotten that he needs to be on the same page with Lamar or they’ll be very limited in how they can use him, predictable for other teams?

I think this is a case of being careful what you ask for.

I hear what you are saying but I would like to see him get a shot. I have the feeling he's going to be one of those underused guys that goes to another team and does well.

On the Moore play, you're right. A receiver has to have awareness of where his feet are. But, Lamar could have thrown a much better placed ball, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    I hear what you are saying but I would like to see him get a shot. I have the feeling he's going to be one of those underused guys that goes to another team and does well.
    Based off of.......?

Based off of the improvement I've seen compared to last year. Based on 50 years of watching football. And just a gut feeling that this guy could be good. But yeah, nothing scientific or statistical.