Blog Entries

Re: Jaleel Scott

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I think we’ll see him bc bronw is out
    I thought Brown was "questionable?"

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Why hasn't he played in any regular season games? He's a big target that looked phenomenal this preseason. Is this another Harbaugh doghouse situation?
    His “phenomenal” game came against the Redskins’ 2nd and 3rd string in preseason game 4.
    Preseason and regular season are two very different animals

I get that but you can only play who is right in front of you. He showed good hands and fought for the ball. And for the record, it wasn't just the Redskins game. He had 11 catches for 146 yards in the preseason leading the team. I think this kid has a chance to be good.

understand Brown and Boykin are the future and they want to get them a lot of reps

Snead has made some big plays for us.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Yep Been waiting all season. Play him so we know if he can or not. I'm guessing they have been saving him for trade bait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I thought Brown was "questionable?"

... Bc
    so the question is, is Brown out?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I hate the 46 player active roster rule. It's so stupid. These guys are still getting paid. If another team has injuries.. too bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I personally think Harbaugh gets unfairly blamed a lot for players that dont see the field. Aside from a personal conduct issue or just horrible play, I would think it would be ultimately the position's coach and coordinators who determine who's active or not.

The idea of a player not seeing the field bc of "harbaugh's doghouse", is a lazy hot take if you ask me. Unless a player is totally disrespectful, violated rules, or a locker room cancer, a coach is going to put his best players on the field to win.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think this is fair, in the sense that Harbaugh maintains a standard. I mean, how many players can we honestly look at as guys who didn't get time here, but did so elsewhere and made a significant impact? Would we even need an entire hand full of fingers? Now, if we were to say that Harbaugh is slow to bring certain younger players into spots held by slipping veterans that he's trusted for a while, I think that would be more fitting. There have been numerous occasions where it takes an injury to see that guy. The most notable one was Lardarius Webb for Fabian Washington. However, even in those situations, the guys eventually see the field.

We wanted to see more of Bowser. Now we see that Bowser isn't getting it done
    We wanted to see more of Tim Williams. Now we see that Williams isn't getting it done
    We wanted to see more of Moore. Now we see that he can't even focus enough to recognize where he is along the boundary
    Once upon a time, we wanted to see more of Waller. Now, we find out that he had major issues behind the scenes that the team did a good job of keeping under wraps.
    We wanted to see Mosley move on, in favor of the Peanut/Young pairing. At least, a lot of posters did. Now we see that they don't know what they're doing.
    We wanted to see more of Eluemunor. Now we see that he couldn't even be trusted to come into training camp in shape. And his unique physical strength and athleticism was the only reason they even took a chance on him in the first place.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If I were a Head Coach and I couldn't trust a player to come into camp in shape, or study film, or be professional away from the team, yes, he would be in my doghouse. Trust is earned.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think this is fair, in the sense that Harbaugh maintains a standard. I mean, how many players can we honestly look at as guys who didn't get time here, but did so elsewhere and made a significant impact? Would we even need an entire hand full of fingers?
    The only one I can think of off the top is John Simon? But maybe that's just because he's active, on an undefeated team. Not sure if there are others.

Feel like we'd have a longer list from the Billick years. James Harrison, Jeff Saturday, Derek Anderson. Priest Holmes, even!
    (Though it's not exactly true that Priest "didn't get time here".)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The only one I can think of off the top is John Simon? But maybe that's just because he's active, on an undefeated team. Not sure if there are others.

Feel like we'd have a longer list from the Billick years. James Harrison, Jeff Saturday, Derek Anderson. Priest Holmes, even!
    (Though it's not exactly true that Priest "didn't get time here".)
    Priest had some monster games here. Just didn’t make sense to pay for him when we had prime Jamal

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Priest had some monster games here. Just didn’t make sense to pay for him when we had prime Jamal
    Was a mistake for me to list him.

How about the the Harbs years? Are there more guys than John Simon?