Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I dont like the way this coaching staff uses him. We should have fired Harbaugh.
    Only here do you see people saying Harbaugh should be fired for allowing Lamar to be one of the most explosive players in the league.

I don't understand these takes unless you specifically hate a run heavy team. But thats who we are now, either get on board or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Any other coaching staff would force him to be a strict pocket passer and you would see him struggle.
    Exactly. How should he be used differently?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Only here do you see people saying Harbaugh should be fired for allowing Lamar to be one of the most explosive players in the league.

I don't understand these takes unless you specifically hate a run heavy team. But thats who we are now, either get on board or leave it.
    And turning him into a strict pocket passer would be the absolute worst thing to do to him.

Lol the Sunday Night Football guys on NBC have no idea what they're talking about.

Tony Dungy: "He's only about 190lbs, he can't take the hits of a 220lb running back. He needs to learn to get out of bounds."

Chris Simms: "I have no idea how he hasn't had a major injury yet, he's constantly getting hit on every run."

Do they even watch the games?

Tony Dungy: "He's only about 190lbs..."
    LOL, yeah I just heard this as well.

Blog Entries

Lol the Sunday Night Football guys on NBC have no idea what they're talking about.

Tony Dungy: "He's only about 190lbs, he can't take the hits of a 220lb running back. He needs to learn to get out of bounds."

Chris Simms: "I have no idea how he hasn't had a major injury yet, he's constantly getting hit on every run."

No, they do not

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

As long as Lamar leads the Ravens to wins fans will stand behind him. If we start losing fans will jump ship lol.

I liked the discussion by Gannon; he said they discussed with Roman the potential for injuries and he said Lamar has an innate ability others don't to see things in space in real time and not take big hits.. The potential for injury is greater in the pocket. Interesting take..

Personally, I love LJ8. He's an amazing talent, great football player (for his age and only getting better) and truthfully I think we're in for great things with him. He's a gamer, he can pass, he can run.. Watching him today he's just an otherworldly athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Wasn’t it Mahommes first year as a starter last year? Lamar isn’t in the same stratosphere as Mahommes in terms of passing.

Saying Marino is the only one to ever show that he could carve up good defenses early is just completely and totally false.

There has been many more than Marino to prove very early that they are among the elite passing the ball.
    BTW, no Mahomes was not a first year starter last year. Mahomes sat his first year behind Alex Smith. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/MahoPa00.htm

10. Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by RavensPPark View Post
    BTW, no Mahomes was not a first year starter last year. Mahomes sat his first year behind Alex Smith. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/MahoPa00.htm
    Thats not what he said though. Last year WAS his first year as a STARTER.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jackson will always have one prejudice (and it's not racial) hanging over his head regardless of how well he does-"running quarterbacks are flashy but don't win the big one". And I wonder if that's true, myself at times. You old-timers remember how they knocked Minnesota's Fran Tarkenton for not winning the "big one" because he was a running QB.Guy got into 3 or 4 Super Bowls and never won. For craps' sake, if you get that far 3 or 4 times you HAVE to be a winner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Jackson will always have one prejudice (and it's not racial) hanging over his head regardless of how well he does-"running quarterbacks are flashy but don't win the big one". And I wonder if that's true, myself at times. You old-timers remember how they knocked Minnesota's Fran Tarkenton for not winning the "big one" because he was a running QB.Guy got into 3 or 4 Super Bowls and never won. For craps' sake, if you get that far 3 or 4 times you HAVE to be a winner.
    He went to 4. Same as Jim Kelly, btw.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh