Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    You seriously have to wonder if there's a non football related factor that generates some of this Lamar hate. Hmmm, I wonder what that could be???

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Don't even go there. Just don't.

If people can hate on Joe "Flucco", and Kyle "My man" Boller, and Elvis "Crying" Grbac, and Anthony "Radio" Wright, and Vinny "Testicle" Testaverde, they can hate on Lamar.

Don't makes it about that and create that sort of division.

There have always been and always will be haters and doubters when it comes to the QB position.

My Flacco jersey is moth-balled and my LJ jersey is in the mail btw.

The king is dead, long live the king.

2. Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Don't even go there. Just don't.

If people can hate on Joe "Flucco", and Kyle "My man" Boller, and Elvis "Crying" Grbac, and Anthony "Radio" Wright, and Vinny "Testicle" Testaverde, they can hate on Lamar.

Don't makes it about that and create that sort of division.

There have always been and always will be haters and doubters when it comes to the QB position.

My Flacco jersey is moth-balled and my LJ jersey is in the mail btw.

The king is dead, long live the king.
    You would be foolish and naive if you dont believe that "some" (like I stated) of the hate is for non football reasons. If it doesnt apply to you, no harm no foul. But you cant answer for other people's motives.

You would be foolish and naive if you dont believe that "some" (like I stated) of the hate is for non football reasons. If it doesnt apply to you, no harm no foul. But you cant answer for other people's motives.

Word. Stay woke.

Blog Entries

You seriously have to wonder if there's a non football related factor that generates some of this Lamar hate. Hmmm, I wonder what that could be???

What might that be?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    What might that be?
    That’s a question for them to answer

If we're gonna start that, than I go back to that could be the same reason Kyle Jusczczyk was getting so much hate on this board a few years ago from the opposite perspective. That blade can cut both ways. I'm not buying it. I think it's more related to his style of play that people are uncomfortable with. Some people just can't deal with something different. If you were predisposed to have racist tendencies in disliking someone, the NFL in general is probably not your cup of tea. What is it about 70 % black ? I'm certainly not naive, but I think a certain segment of a fanbase has a picture what a QB should be (style wise) and if you don't fit it, they ain't buying.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    I'm not buying it. I think it's more related to his style of play that people are uncomfortable with. Some people just can't deal with something different.
    I think that for everyone on this board, it's all about football. The reservations about Lamar are/were "style", accuracy, etc.

But in our fan base as a whole, I think it's fair to say that some small percentage is unthrilled with a black QB. That sentiment exists. Hopefully that percentage is low.

Boyyyykinnnnnnnnnn.

This guy could have a breakout game, with Marquise out.

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson brings excitement to Baltimore football. On top of that he's a great guy. Last week when he ran out of bounds and knocked that camerawoman to the ground you could see he pick her up and make sure she was okay. That was pure class and obviously it's just the kind of kid he is. I love what LJ has brought to the Ravens. It's going to be a very fun ride.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think that for everyone on this board, it's all about football. The reservations about Lamar are/were "style", accuracy, etc.

But in our fan base as a whole, I think it's fair to say that some small percentage is unthrilled with a black QB. That sentiment exists. Hopefully that percentage is low.
    I don't buy that at all. The Ravens have had a bunch of black QBs over the years from Anthony Wright to Steve McNair. I never heard any criticism like this because they were drop back passers. It's play style that is the root of this, not race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I love the kid more when I see the old fucks here who are hating on him and wishing the team would lose more. Go yell at the clouds
    Amen to this,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    When I hear someone say “I want to see him do it against a great defense”, it always makes me think they have to be mentally handicapped.

If QBs had great games against great defenses they wouldn’t be a fucking great defense you Moron.

“I want to see what he does against a patriots defense”.

He is gonna to do the same shit the rams did in the Super Bowl... struggle. And the rams were a top offensive going into that game.

What did Tom Brady the Goat do against the rams top defense in the super bowl? Struggle.

Who comes up with these moronic barometers for gauging talent? I usually hear this spewed mostly by half retarded analysts in ESPN, then echoed by fans.

Where is Lamar realistically? He is right where any normal level headed person thought he could be after his 13th start in the nfl.

“He is missing receivers”. No shit Sherlock... that’s what QBs who haven’t started a full year yet do. Although it’s way exaggerated on this forum. Ravens receivers are rarely ever wide open. I rewatch games and I rarely see where he missed a “wide open” receiver. I just read haters say that with no visual evidence.

“He doesn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.” - who do we have that can get open downfield? After the second game they always leave a safety over the top for brown.

I get it. The “derrr derrr Lamar sucks derrr derrr” crowd don’t have the football IQ to understand the OC has an offensive gameplan and play calling to go with it. Just as basic football 101 if your main targets are TE’s and they are calling a lot of multiple TE sets.... there won’t be a lot of down field passes.

It’s not that Lamar can’t throw downfield, the personnel we have mixed with the play calling doesn’t give you a lot of downfield shots.

So where is Lamar? If you just focus on passing.. he is where you would expect him to be. Average. But to exclude his legs and him gaining yards and first down with his legs is retarded.

It’s the stupidest thing to me. Moving the ball 10 yards is moving the ball 10 yards. If he runs it or throws it. He is moving the call.

Also the Steelers defense is good. The front 7 is damn good. So I’m not sure wtf you guys are talking about he should have just ran through the Steelers... just shows you aren’t paying attention to football.

Lamar has us at the top of the division, when he entire sports world had the browns winning the division and the ravens not even in the hunt.

Get off lamars hate train and just enjoy winning and possibly making it to the playoffs behind a QB that barely is In his 14th start
    Amen to this too... you can tell the people that actually know football and the ones that dont. Brady is probably the GOAT but alot of his stats have came from some of the worst defenses in the league, not necessarily the best ones. Sure, he has carved some of the best defenses up too but most of his stat padding is against horrible teams overall and even if the team shows some sign of having a good defense ( Bills. Dolohins, Jets ), their offense be so bad that it puts their defense on the field too much and eventually, anyone will start to move the ball on them.