Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Mike Lombardi on his podcast yesterday: “the broncos have no team identity because Flacco has no personality”. Stop with the nonsense that they have anything in common other than they were drafted in first round and got to playoffs in first year.
    Winning changes everything. They'd be fine with Flacco if he squeezed out two more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I love the kid more when I see the old fucks here who are hating on him and wishing the team would lose more. Go yell at the clouds
    Same. Sure he's not perfect, but seems to have the drive and desire to always improve and learn. Was Joe perfect first 2 seasons? Hell no, but he was our guy and I loved him. Don't see why it can't be any different here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    This take is so wrong and miserable. Unless you were thinking he's Rodgers or Mahomes tier, I don't get how you can be disappointed in his passing. He's clearly improved from where he started as a rookie and if can't see that then you have some unrealistic expectations of a second year QB who has to learn how adjust against trap coverages.

And those fans who thought Flacco would save the game were wrong as Flacco as been actively bad this season.
    Last year to the majority of the fanbase he was a running back or wide receiver who would eventually be shipped out because Joe would undoubtedly revive his moribund career.

Now for the detached minority, if he's not Mahomes he is garbage. Makes perfect sense!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Last year to the majority of the fanbase he was a running back or wide receiver who would eventually be shipped out because Joe would undoubtedly revive his moribund career.

Now for the detached minority, if he's not Mahomes he is garbage. Makes perfect sense!

Yes I remember each week after a win he hasn't played a good defense. Went 6 and 2. Didnt have a great playoff game but he has definitely improved. Can you imagine Flacco with this defense

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post

When I read the thread title I knew it wouldn't be long until we devolved into hyperbole, over-reaction and hurt feelings.

I like Lamar and would rather have him than Joe because he's no worse and is more fun to watch. I'm comfortable with pessimistic takes on his development though because homerism is as just as off putting to me as the pessimism.

The Flacco haters above all should know blind loyalty is not good in sport. I hope the front office is always looking to find better talent even if that means we draft Lamar's replacement next year if the opportunity arises. BPA.

Its about winning and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Wasn’t it Mahommes first year as a starter last year? Lamar isn’t in the same stratosphere as Mahommes in terms of passing.
    Mahomes last year was a year older than Lamar is.

And what, Lamar is a "disappointment" because he's not as good as the league MVP? That's the bar?

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Gotta say that no matter what this kid ends up as career wise, I couldn’t be happier to have LJ as our QB.

He’s been a great team player so far. Smart, eager to learn and lead, showing improvement on the field, and his maturity level is off the chart.

But without a doubt, he’s been great to the community, unselfish, and willing to embrace our city and it’s people.

Love having this guy, and he might go down as one of our best drafted players.

Just had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    The same was said about Flacco in his early years. He was ran out of this city by the majority of its fans.
    Hey, we are still in the honeymoon phase with Lamar. He is actually exciting to watch and a great kid. Of course Flacco got ran out of town, he regressed considerably since the SB run, didnt play smart, no improvement on the field, and lacked that DOG as Deion would say.

Pre-SB Flacco showed those same traits and was LOVED by every Ravens fan. It's not like he isnt loved/welcomed back in the city post-career.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Get back to me when he actually plays well against a good defense, let's see how he plays against Seattle and NE . He still is missing wide open receivers, can't throw an outside the numbers pass for more than 10 yards. Make some spectacular plays every game but misses way to many easy ones. Good defenses are not going to let him run outside, and are going to take away the middle of the feild and make him beat them with outside the numbers passes, till he proves he can complete more of them to his team than the other team. Hope he can but still have my doubts, that's why Seattle and NE games will show a lot
    You're already going to.lose your bet. Why make it worse for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Mahomes last year was a year older than Lamar is.

And what, Lamar is a "disappointment" because he's not as good as the league MVP? That's the bar?

Ok.
    Man we just wanted Flacco to be top 15 wow how the bar changed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Same. Sure he's not perfect, but seems to have the drive and desire to always improve and learn. Was Joe perfect first 2 seasons? Hell no, but he was our guy and I loved him. Don't see why it can't be any different here.

I still don't understand why fans can't be happy with what Joe brought to Baltimore(numerous exciting playoff wins and a SB) while being excited and giving their support for a dynamic kid who seems like a great young dude

11. Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Won’t ever forget what Joe brought us. Some very special moments.

He also brought us some of the worst single game QB ratings of all time and we stuck by him.

LJ is special and he’s the future. Just embrace it and hang on for the ride.

He’s also a stand up guy. What’s not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I still don't understand why fans can't be happy with what Joe brought to Baltimore(numerous exciting playoff wins and a SB) while being excited and giving their support for a dynamic kid who seems like a great young dude
    Apparently that's hard for some