Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Gotta say that no matter what this kid ends up as career wise, I couldn’t be happier to have LJ as our QB.

He’s been a great team player so far. Smart, eager to learn and lead, showing improvement on the field, and his maturity level is off the chart.

But without a doubt, he’s been great to the community, unselfish, and willing to embrace our city and it’s people.

Love having this guy, and he might go down as one of our best drafted players.

Just had to say it.

Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Gotta say that no matter what this kid ends up as career wise, I couldn’t be happier to have LJ as our QB.

He’s been a great team player so far. Smart, eager to learn and lead, showing improvement on the field, and his maturity level is off the chart.

But without a doubt, he’s been great to the community, unselfish, and willing to embrace our city and it’s people.

Love having this guy, and he might go down as one of our best drafted players.

Just had to say it.
    The same was said about Flacco in his early years. He was ran out of this city by the majority of its fans.

Everyone of our previous QB’s did their part for the team and community. It’s naive to already say that “no matter what his career ends up” you will be happy. That may be in your case, but if he doesn’t lead this team to a couple Super Bowls, by the end of his time here, a large majority of this fan base will run him out of here.

Get back to me when he actually plays well against a good defense, let's see how he plays against Seattle and NE . He still is missing wide open receivers, can't throw an outside the numbers pass for more than 10 yards. Make some spectacular plays every game but misses way to many easy ones. Good defenses are not going to let him run outside, and are going to take away the middle of the feild and make him beat them with outside the numbers passes, till he proves he can complete more of them to his team than the other team. Hope he can but still have my doubts, that's why Seattle and NE games will show a lot

4. Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Get back to me when he actually plays well against a good defense, let's see how he plays against Seattle and NE . He still is missing wide open receivers, can't throw an outside the numbers pass for more than 10 yards. Make some spectacular plays every game but misses way to many easy ones. Good defenses are not going to let him run outside, and are going to take away the middle of the feild and make him beat them with outside the numbers passes, till he proves he can complete more of them to his team than the other team. Hope he can but still have my doubts, that's why Seattle and NE games will show a lot
    You obviously didnt read the 1st sentence of the OP's comment. This thread has nothing to do with his ability as a QB or his play on the field.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    You obviously didnt read the 1st sentence of the OP's comment. This thread has nothing to do with his ability as a QB or his play on the field.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    May go down as best player we ever drafted , has nothing to do with his play on the field?, oh ok you are sure a bright one to comprehend that , I totally missed it, good catch

You're already going to.lose your bet. Why make it worse for yourself

What wide open receiver did he miss yesterday. That was well documented that it was Snead who had the miscommunication. No question that was a TD if he runs the route properly. LJ always takes blame if it's on him, but he went off on him yesterday and I went back and watched the play.

Ridiculous. Scratch the season opener against the Miami Jr college team, he's been a disappointment as a passer, notwithstanding Johnny Harbs' preseason bullshit. He hasn't done much against better teams, going back to last season's AFC West teams. If he has a few more multi-interception games and the Ravens start losing against the upcoming tortuous schedule, watch the boo-birds come back, in droves. This fan bases also booed Johnny Un and Bert Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    The same was said about Flacco in his early years. He was ran out of this city by the majority of its fans.
    Perhaps the majority of the so-called fans who call-in to radio talk shows or who spam message boards. The only "majority" which I remember were the fans in the stands of the playoffs games who were booing Harbaugh & Jackson and were chanting for Flacco's return.
    Last edited by Mista T; 10-12-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Ridiculous. Scratch the season opener against the Miami Jr college team, he's been a disappointment as a passer
    Yeah, that's totally overstated. I posted some stats on that in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If you want to make the case that Lamar sucks since the Miami game, and has shown no improvement whatso since last season, let me help you:

Lamar weeks 2+
    http://pfref.com/tiny/T8lJp
    Comp Att Pct YD Y/Att TD INT Rating
    89 142 62.7% 947 6.7 6 5 81.5

• These 4-game stats project out to 568 attempts for 3788 yds with 24 TDs and 20 INTs on a full season.

• Lamar is averaging 35.5 passing attempts over the past 4 games.
    • That projects to 568 attempts, which would have been #10 in the league last year (ahead of Goff and Stafford, 2 attempts behind Brady).
    • Whatever the hell QBR is, Lamar's average over these 4 starts is 56.6, vs 46.3 last year. Would have been 17th last year.
    • Lamar's TD pctg over these 4 starts is 4.2%, vs 3.5% last year.
    • 62.7% completions.

Lamar has "fallen back to earth": all the way down to middle-of-the-pack starter.
    This bumpy 4-game stretch where Lamar has been a "disappointment as a passer", his performance has been almost exactly average for an NFL starter.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah, that's totally overstated. I posted some stats on that in another thread:

This bumpy 4-game stretch where Lamar has been a "disappointment as a passer", his performance has been almost exactly average for an NFL starter.
    An average passer with the legs to be a 1000 yard rusher turns him into a top 10 QB overall. So yeah... I don't see the doom and gloom. He's pretty much improved in every way, and theres only so much you can expect a guy who's not a pure pocket passer to improve that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Ridiculous. Scratch the season opener against the Miami Jr college team, he's been a disappointment as a passer, notwithstanding Johnny Harbs' preseason bullshit. He hasn't done much against better teams, going back to last season's AFC West teams. If he has a few more multi-interception games and the Ravens start losing against the upcoming tortuous schedule, watch the boo-birds come back, in droves. This fan bases also booed Johnny Un and Bert Jones.

Perhaps the majority of the so-called fans who call-in to radio talk shows or who spam message boards. The only "majority" which I remember were the fans in the stands of the playoffs games who were booing Harbaugh & Jackson and were chanting for Flacco's return.
    This take is so wrong and miserable. Unless you were thinking he's Rodgers or Mahomes tier, I don't get how you can be disappointed in his passing. He's clearly improved from where he started as a rookie and if can't see that then you have some unrealistic expectations of a second year QB who has to learn how adjust against trap coverages.

And those fans who thought Flacco would save the game were wrong as Flacco as been actively bad this season.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    This take is so wrong and miserable. Unless you were thinking he's Rodgers or Mahomes tier, I don't get how you can be disappointed in his passing. He's clearly improved from where he started as a rookie and if can't see that then you have some unrealistic expectations of a second year QB who has to learn how adjust against trap coverages.

And those fans who thought Flacco would save the game were wrong as Flacco as been actively bad this season.
    Last year to the majority of the fanbase he was a running back or wide receiver who would eventually be shipped out because Joe would undoubtedly revive his moribund career.

Now for the detached minority, if he's not Mahomes he is garbage. Makes perfect sense!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed