Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Gotta say that no matter what this kid ends up as career wise, I couldn’t be happier to have LJ as our QB.

He’s been a great team player so far. Smart, eager to learn and lead, showing improvement on the field, and his maturity level is off the chart.

But without a doubt, he’s been great to the community, unselfish, and willing to embrace our city and it’s people.

Love having this guy, and he might go down as one of our best drafted players.

Just had to say it.

Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Gotta say that no matter what this kid ends up as career wise, I couldn’t be happier to have LJ as our QB.

He’s been a great team player so far. Smart, eager to learn and lead, showing improvement on the field, and his maturity level is off the chart.

But without a doubt, he’s been great to the community, unselfish, and willing to embrace our city and it’s people.

Love having this guy, and he might go down as one of our best drafted players.

Just had to say it.
    The same was said about Flacco in his early years. He was ran out of this city by the majority of its fans.

Everyone of our previous QB’s did their part for the team and community. It’s naive to already say that “no matter what his career ends up” you will be happy. That may be in your case, but if he doesn’t lead this team to a couple Super Bowls, by the end of his time here, a large majority of this fan base will run him out of here.

Mike Lombardi on his podcast yesterday: “the broncos have no team identity because Flacco has no personality”. Stop with the nonsense that they have anything in common other than they were drafted in first round and got to playoffs in first year.

Get back to me when he actually plays well against a good defense, let's see how he plays against Seattle and NE . He still is missing wide open receivers, can't throw an outside the numbers pass for more than 10 yards. Make some spectacular plays every game but misses way to many easy ones. Good defenses are not going to let him run outside, and are going to take away the middle of the feild and make him beat them with outside the numbers passes, till he proves he can complete more of them to his team than the other team. Hope he can but still have my doubts, that's why Seattle and NE games will show a lot

Get back to me when he has played more than 1 year. You guys expect him to be Brady Roger's and Wilson. Isn't like we have a dominant defense anymore where we can totally run check down and rely on our defense. He has to make plays with 1st and 2nd year receivers and tight ends. He didn't come into the league with Ray Lewis and crew. We are still winning despite still basically being a rookie

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ridiculous. Scratch the season opener against the Miami Jr college team, he's been a disappointment as a passer, notwithstanding Johnny Harbs' preseason bullshit. He hasn't done much against better teams, going back to last season's AFC West teams. If he has a few more multi-interception games and the Ravens start losing against the upcoming tortuous schedule, watch the boo-birds come back, in droves. This fan bases also booed Johnny Un and Bert Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    The same was said about Flacco in his early years. He was ran out of this city by the majority of its fans.
    Perhaps the majority of the so-called fans who call-in to radio talk shows or who spam message boards. The only "majority" which I remember were the fans in the stands of the playoffs games who were booing Harbaugh & Jackson and were chanting for Flacco's return.
    Last edited by Mista T; 10-12-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I agree with the OP. He's a great leader and a genuinely likeable guy. His teammates love the him.

Having said that, his play has regressed the past few weeks but I'm confident he will continue to perfect and up his game.

Blog Entries

I love the kid more when I see the old fucks here who are hating on him and wishing the team would lose more. Go yell at the clouds

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The guy has nearly a 100 QB rating and on pace for 1000 rushing yards. You tell me thats how his first 5 games would be, I'd be ecstatic. Hate on him for doing it against bad teams, but you play bad teams in the NFL and those stats count just as much as any other stat. I don't think we could have realistically expected much more then that out of a raw 2nd year QB.

I can’t comprehend how people can’t love this kid.

As a passer right now..at worst.. he’s equivalent to what Flacco gave us last 3 years.

Everything else is off charts better. Some of the negative takes are just laughable. If you want to cheer for a mediocre passer who’s a prototypical statue in pocket QB. Go cheer for Broncos or Vikings or team down 95 south

Get off my lawn. Lamar sucks. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Get back to me when he actually plays well against a good defense, let's see how he plays against Seattle and NE . He still is missing wide open receivers, can't throw an outside the numbers pass for more than 10 yards. Make some spectacular plays every game but misses way to many easy ones. Good defenses are not going to let him run outside, and are going to take away the middle of the feild and make him beat them with outside the numbers passes, till he proves he can complete more of them to his team than the other team. Hope he can but still have my doubts, that's why Seattle and NE games will show a lot
    You obviously didnt read the 1st sentence of the OP's comment. This thread has nothing to do with his ability as a QB or his play on the field.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk