Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

U.S. to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia to boost defenses against Iran

Re: U.S. to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia to boost defenses against Iran

Incredible. Let's product the Saudis why the one group that was effective against ISIS for awhile gets slaughtered.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Re: U.S. to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia to boost defenses against Iran

Ortiz’s I have no idea what the foreign policy is....do you?

It’s weird the right doesn’t have an answer when confronted with pulling out troops from Syria but then adding thousands more to Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

It’s weird the right doesn’t have an answer when confronted with pulling out troops from Syria but then adding thousands more to Saudi Arabia
    No clue at this point. Maybe the Saudis agreed to investigate Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Iran is getting crushed by the current sanctions. I read recently they are running out of money to pay pensions and their rank in file soldiers. Can you imagine the kind of unrest that would create and the pressure it would create on the regime? Attacking Saudi Arabia shows how desperate they (the ruling clergy) are. They are basically saying, if you try destroy our country, our regime, by crushing our economy, we will crush yours. The easiest way to wreak havoc on our economy, to attack our economy, would be to disrupt the world's oil supply by knocking out Saudi Arabia's ability to produce oil.

We are there as a deterrent to prevent that. If they were able to take out a significant portion of the Saudis ability to produce oil it could mean a nasty recession or war even.

I'm not ready to go through that. We had multiple friends where both spouses got laid off back in 2000's recession. People were scared they were going to lose their houses and it certainly screwed up everyone as far as saving's/retirement was concerned.

I know you guys both hate Trump and have no issues with that but is this move really that baffling to you considering the "drone" attack that just took place? The fallout from that could have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Iran is getting crushed by the current sanctions. I read recently they are running out of money to pay pensions and their rank in file soldiers. Can you imagine the kind of unrest that would create and the pressure it would create on the regime? Attacking Saudi Arabia shows how desperate they (the ruling clergy) are. They are basically saying, if you try destroy our country, our regime, by crushing our economy, we will crush yours. The easiest way to wreak havoc on our economy, to attack our economy, would be to disrupt the world's oil supply by knocking out Saudi Arabia's ability to produce oil.

We are there as a deterrent to prevent that. If they were able to take out a significant portion of the Saudis ability to produce oil it could mean a nasty recession or war even.

I'm not ready to go through that. We had multiple friends where both spouses got laid off back in 2000's recession. People were scared they were going to lose their houses and it certainly screwed up everyone as far as saving's/retirement was concerned.

I know you guys both hate Trump and have no issues with that but is this move really that baffling to you considering the "drone" attack that just took place? The fallout from that could have been much worse.
    I'll add in...pulling out of a holy war that's been going on for hundreds of years vs protecting assets w/global implications in Saudi Arabia aren't remotely the same thing. To pretend otherwise is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I'll add in...pulling out of a holy war that's been going on for hundreds of years vs protecting assets w/global implications in Saudi Arabia aren't remotely the same thing. To pretend otherwise is laughable.
    I think it's about oil plain and simple and protecting our economic interests by making sure Saudi production is not attacked/destroyed.

Pretty ballsy attack by Iran but with that limited attack they have forced us to engage and expend treasure.

Iran is a very wily adversary. It would have been nice in my lifetime to feel like I could visit there as it is an old very rich culture. I think with their current regime it comes down to choosing between them and Israel unfortunately.

I think it's about oil plain and simple and protecting our economic interests by making sure Saudi production is not attacked/destroyed.

Pretty ballsy attack by Iran but with that limited attack they have forced us to engage and expend treasure.

Iran is a very wily adversary. It would have been nice in my lifetime to feel like I could visit there as it is an old very rich culture. I think with their current regime it comes down to choosing between them and Israel unfortunately.
    That explanation makes sense. Thanks.

Pretending this is even remotley the issue, any of the issues, with this is indeed laughable. Jeez, almost no other conservatives are defending Trump on this, why do you feel you have to? It´s the worst decision possible in every way imaginable to withdraw the way he did, not to mention his crazy excuses and blame gaming and what not since.

Not only that, but all of a Sudden everyone in on Team-Kurds, and aren't even aware that there is no such thing as "kurdish people". It is a region dominated by 3 individual groups. Saying they were effective fighting ISIS is not accurate either since they weren't fighting them on our behalf... they were fighting them defensively. The Kurds in North-eastern Iraq are the ones who have constantly defended the US interests. The ones on the Iraqi/Syrian border don't care for the US much but will use our weapons to fight off the surrounding people. The Kurds in Syria are a mixture of actual ISIS fighters, Lybian terrorists, and mujadeen (religious warriors). These are the people that John McCain ran over to Syria to hug and give weapons to (most of which ended up in enemy hands within a week). The entire reason we had soldiers over there is BECAUSE the weapons we gave them ended up in ISIS hands. If we abandoned the North-Eastern Kurds, then any of your comments would be accurate. The Syrian Kurds? They are not our ally, despite the tarnished and moronic ramblings of John McCain, who had less of an idea of what is happening in the Middle East than anyone.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    484Not only that, but all of a Sudden everyone in on Team-Kurds, and aren't even aware that there is no such thing as "kurdish people". It is a region dominated by 3 individual groups.
    What are you even saying here? There is indeed "kurdish people", living in an area in mainly four different countries (Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq). They are many and yeah, different groups of kurds exists, but they´re still kurds.

Saying they were effective fighting ISIS is not accurate either since they weren't fighting them on our behalf... they were fighting them defensively. The Kurds in North-eastern Iraq are the ones who have constantly defended the US interests.
    So you can not fight effectively if you´re somehow defending yourself or what is the point here? They are indeed defending themselves, and did so very effectively, dying an the thousands if not tens of thousands doing so.

Yes, the ones you already abandoned in 2017. They´re still quite pissed and disappointed at that you know. (That is using your simple rhetoric, in reality it was never an easy call back then either, although I think US could have used their influence a lot more).

The ones on the Iraqi/Syrian border don't care for the US much but will use our weapons to fight off the surrounding people. The Kurds in Syria are a mixture of actual ISIS fighters, Lybian terrorists, and mujadeen (religious warriors). These are the people that John McCain ran over to Syria to hug and give weapons to (most of which ended up in enemy hands within a week).
    This is utter uninformed, inaccurate bullshit. The kurds are kurds, period! That´s not "a mix"! You might be refering to the SDF, that has fought alongside US troops and in part armed by them, that consists in large of kurds, run by the YPG, but also a quite few others (assyrians, turkmens, syrians etc). And they are NOT IS-fighters. You think the YPG would align with IS??? That´s like the craziest suggestion from you yet I believe.
    You´ll probably find some groups losely tied to SDF having sold weapons to IS, you´ll probably find some islamist groups that were trained and armed by the US too (it´s happened before ey...?) Suggesting like you do here that the kurds armed IS is crazy. Bonkers.

The entire reason we had soldiers over there is BECAUSE the weapons we gave them ended up in ISIS hands. If we abandoned the North-Eastern Kurds, then any of your comments would be accurate. The Syrian Kurds? They are not our ally, despite the tarnished and moronic ramblings of John McCain, who had less of an idea of what is happening in the Middle East than anyone.
    The kurds were indeed your ally, and that is why even Trump apologets are bashing him relentlessly now, why even Fox News are bashing him, why military leaders are bashing him, why actual american soldiers that were there says they´re ashamed and feel the abandoned them.
    Yeah, as your North-East kurds what they think of this. I have a friends dad over there now btw, kurdish-controlled northern Iraq, and I know what he and everyone else thinks...

What you have to grasp here is what Turkey is after. Turkey doesn´t give shit about most of these islamist groups, that are unorganized and in many instances turkish-friendly anyway. They only care about the kurds, who they see as their enemy (or "terrorists" to use the word of the times). They care more about that than the thousands of actual IS-fighters that has now escaped kurdish detention because of this mess.
    And Putin is smiling and stepping right in. No wonder he wanted Trump to win, a lot easier to manipulate an idiot than a skilled hawkish lady like Hillary (who I personally do not like btw, but in comparison, yeah).
    This move by Trump is a mistake in every way imaginable, and even most conservatives seem to understand that. I´m not at all surprised that you´re not one of them. I´d say McCain had some leverage on you when it comes to the middle east. Even though I was no fan of his in general.

Putting a lot of words in my mouth there aren't you?