Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

U.S. to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia to boost defenses against Iran

Re: U.S. to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia to boost defenses against Iran

Incredible. Let's product the Saudis why the one group that was effective against ISIS for awhile gets slaughtered.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Re: U.S. to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia to boost defenses against Iran

Ortiz’s I have no idea what the foreign policy is....do you?

It’s weird the right doesn’t have an answer when confronted with pulling out troops from Syria but then adding thousands more to Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

It’s weird the right doesn’t have an answer when confronted with pulling out troops from Syria but then adding thousands more to Saudi Arabia
    No clue at this point. Maybe the Saudis agreed to investigate Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Iran is getting crushed by the current sanctions. I read recently they are running out of money to pay pensions and their rank in file soldiers. Can you imagine the kind of unrest that would create and the pressure it would create on the regime? Attacking Saudi Arabia shows how desperate they (the ruling clergy) are. They are basically saying, if you try destroy our country, our regime, by crushing our economy, we will crush yours. The easiest way to wreak havoc on our economy, to attack our economy, would be to disrupt the world's oil supply by knocking out Saudi Arabia's ability to produce oil.

We are there as a deterrent to prevent that. If they were able to take out a significant portion of the Saudis ability to produce oil it could mean a nasty recession or war even.

I'm not ready to go through that. We had multiple friends where both spouses got laid off back in 2000's recession. People were scared they were going to lose their houses and it certainly screwed up everyone as far as saving's/retirement was concerned.

I know you guys both hate Trump and have no issues with that but is this move really that baffling to you considering the "drone" attack that just took place? The fallout from that could have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Iran is getting crushed by the current sanctions. I read recently they are running out of money to pay pensions and their rank in file soldiers. Can you imagine the kind of unrest that would create and the pressure it would create on the regime? Attacking Saudi Arabia shows how desperate they (the ruling clergy) are. They are basically saying, if you try destroy our country, our regime, by crushing our economy, we will crush yours. The easiest way to wreak havoc on our economy, to attack our economy, would be to disrupt the world's oil supply by knocking out Saudi Arabia's ability to produce oil.

We are there as a deterrent to prevent that. If they were able to take out a significant portion of the Saudis ability to produce oil it could mean a nasty recession or war even.

I'm not ready to go through that. We had multiple friends where both spouses got laid off back in 2000's recession. People were scared they were going to lose their houses and it certainly screwed up everyone as far as saving's/retirement was concerned.

I know you guys both hate Trump and have no issues with that but is this move really that baffling to you considering the "drone" attack that just took place? The fallout from that could have been much worse.
    I'll add in...pulling out of a holy war that's been going on for hundreds of years vs protecting assets w/global implications in Saudi Arabia aren't remotely the same thing. To pretend otherwise is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I'll add in...pulling out of a holy war that's been going on for hundreds of years vs protecting assets w/global implications in Saudi Arabia aren't remotely the same thing. To pretend otherwise is laughable.
    I think it's about oil plain and simple and protecting our economic interests by making sure Saudi production is not attacked/destroyed.

Pretty ballsy attack by Iran but with that limited attack they have forced us to engage and expend treasure.

Iran is a very wily adversary. It would have been nice in my lifetime to feel like I could visit there as it is an old very rich culture. I think with their current regime it comes down to choosing between them and Israel unfortunately.

Putting a lot of words in my mouth there aren't you?

I think it's about oil plain and simple and protecting our economic interests by making sure Saudi production is not attacked/destroyed.

Pretty ballsy attack by Iran but with that limited attack they have forced us to engage and expend treasure.

Iran is a very wily adversary. It would have been nice in my lifetime to feel like I could visit there as it is an old very rich culture. I think with their current regime it comes down to choosing between them and Israel unfortunately.
    That explanation makes sense. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Pretending this is even remotley the issue, any of the issues, with this is indeed laughable. Jeez, almost no other conservatives are defending Trump on this, why do you feel you have to? It´s the worst decision possible in every way imaginable to withdraw the way he did, not to mention his crazy excuses and blame gaming and what not since.

Blog Entries

I'm not for this, but honestly, I'm pretty libertarian on foreign involvement. I've always felt that we have more things going on here in America that need our attention more than shit that's been going on between varying sects of Islam for hundreds of years.

Also, I really don't understand why we continue to aid Saudi Arabia in the way that we do. We don't need their oil. They're proponents of terrorism. They're proponents of human rights violations and genocide. They also played a part in the 9/11 attacks against us.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not for this, but honestly, I'm pretty libertarian on foreign involvement. I've always felt that we have more things going on here in America that need our attention more than shit that's been going on between varying sects of Islam for hundreds of years.

Also, I really don't understand why we continue to aid Saudi Arabia in the way that we do. We don't need their oil. They're proponents of terrorism. They're proponents of human rights violations and genocide. They also played a part in the 9/11 attacks against us.
    They are the largest and most important oil producer in OPEC.

We are oil-independent right now because of fracking. The Democrats want to ban fracking.

It would be pretty stupid to not protect SA from Iran's "hissyfit" considering what's at stake.