Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Starts with 20+ points to begin career

CBS flashed this stat during the game, and I loved it. Here it is in case you missed.

Since 1950, FOUR NFL QBs have led their teams to score 20+ points in each of their first 10 starts.
    They are:

1. Norm van Brocklin
    2. Kurt Warner
    3. Patrick Mahomes
    4. Lamar Jackson

Van Brocklin's streak reached 28 games.
    Warner's streak reached 23 games.
    Mahomes' streak reached 21 games; Indy snapped it last week.
    Lamar's streak is at 13 games and counting. It's active.

How fucking cool is that?!

Re: Starts with 20+ points to begin career

cool

Pretty wild that it had only happened twice before the 2018 season, and has happened twice since then.

Holy shit, Norm van Brocklin. What a beast. His record of 554 yards passing in a single game still stands, more than 68 years later!!

20 points is the Harbaugh specialty, but we can do so much better. Bring back the deep pass and we’ll be talking about 30 point streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    20 points is the Harbaugh specialty, but we can do so much better. Bring back the deep pass and we’ll be talking about 30 point streaks.
    Agreed. Let him throw. Let Ingram run. Not 13 carries. Lamar had a phenomenal game but in retrospect, unnecessarily heavy burden on him. A few deep balls and this game shouldn't have been as close or as Lamar run heavy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Andrews fumble changed the character of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Agreed. Let him throw. Let Ingram run. Not 13 carries. Lamar had a phenomenal game but in retrospect, unnecessarily heavy burden on him. A few deep balls and this game shouldn't have been as close or as Lamar run heavy
    1st, without Hollywood the Ravens don't really have a true deep threat.
    2nd, IMO LJ's instincts take over if he doesn't see a passing situation at hand, but nobody can deny how dangerous his feet are.
    While I agree I'd like to see more passing, LJ did what it took to win and that is satisfactory for me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    2nd, IMO LJ's instincts take over if he doesn't see a passing situation at hand, but nobody can deny how dangerous his feet are.
    While I agree I'd like to see more passing, LJ did what it took to win and that is satisfactory for me... Bc
    Yup.

Wasn't there someone on the match thread saying "hope that was Lamar's last run" right before he (again) managed to get another first down? If it's there, he needs to take it.

Also IIRC the one deep ball we tried was to Moore? I mean wtf? He can neither get separation nor win a contested catch.

@jamisonhensley
    Ravens QB Lamar Jackson through six games:

-His 460 yards rushing ranks 8th in NFL

-His 1,507 yards passing ranks 12th in league

-His offense ranks No. 1 in NFL with 450.7 yards per game

11. Re: Starts with 20+ points to begin career

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Yup.

Wasn't there someone on the match thread saying "hope that was Lamar's last run" right before he (again) managed to get another first down? If it's there, he needs to take it.

Also IIRC the one deep ball we tried was to Moore? I mean wtf? He can neither get separation nor win a contested catch.
    They threw a few "deep" passes (if you're considering the end zone shot to Moore a "deep" pass). That play in particular was them taking a shot at the new CB who came in cold off the bench to replace Kirkpatrick. I'm not a fan of the decision (which looked to me like the throw was pre-determined), but I understand the idea behind it.

Lamar tried a deep pass to Boykin near the end of the first half (Q2, 00:15). Boykin tangled with the defender and fell, but it seemed more like a desperation pass than anything else (no TOs, 15 seconds to go).

He threw a ball over a wide-open Snead's head at (Q4, 08:40). Snead had nothing but grass in front of him, but slowed down for some reason. Lamar expected him to keep running, and if he had it was an easy TD, and the game is over even earlier (27-10 with 8.5 minutes to go).

Those are the 3 passes that went 20+ yards in the air. Lamar had one other pass that went just under 20 (I think Andrews at (Q1, 01:05), but I've yet to confirm), then everything else was less than 15 (excluding 2 throwaways).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Only 3 of his runs yesterday were scrambles. His instincts are to stay in the pocket.