Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pride is a huge factor here. ... If that were true ... then why wouldn't he go play in the CFL?

The CFL gave Johnny Manziel a try. Are we really to believe that no CFL team would sign Kaepernick?
    I think you could very well be right, on that. Pride could well be a factor. I don't know to what extent that's a "black mark" against Kaep. Most of these starting QBs are proud motherfuckers.

There's a huge difference between Kaep and Manziel. Kaep proved he was a capable multi-year starter in the NFL; Manziel proved that he wasn't. Kaep may be willing to play in one league but not the other. Or he may think that getting on a CFL roster would be an impediment to getting on an NFL roster. I got no idea.

None of that really has anything to do with why no NFL team would have him in for a workout.

Blog Entries

Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think you could very well be right, on that. Pride could well be a factor. I don't know to what extent that's a "black mark" against Kaep. Most of these starting QBs are proud motherfuckers.

There's a huge difference between Kaep and Manziel. Kaep proved he was a capable multi-year starter in the NFL; Manziel proved that he wasn't. Kaep may be willing to play in one league but not the other. Or he may think that getting on a CFL roster would be an impediment to getting on an NFL roster. I got no idea.

None of that really has anything to do with why no NFL team would have him in for a workout.
    I am not disputing that he can’t play in the NFL from a skills perspective.

What I’m saying is if he really just wants to play professional football and the NFL isn’t giving him that opportunity, then why not go play in the CFL?

My bet is that if he goes to the CFL and balls out for 1 year, some team in the NFL is going to give him a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Please send this to the trash heap.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Please send this to the trash heap.
    You know, you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

Not sure why you feel entitled to shut down other people from talking about something.

It's fair that someone is denied employment for speaking out on a social issue? Why on earth would anyone let that go?

Assumes facts not in evidence. The last time we saw him on a field, he looked better (along some dimensions) than 18 players who have started NFL games this season.

Well, it looks like he's after employment. That's not quite the same thing as a payout or handout.

Actually, going back one step, it looks like he's after a tryout or workout. Which would either lead to employment, or to being told he's not good enough / sharp enough.
    Jimmy. You’re basing your claim that he can still play on 3 yr old data. Also let’s not forget ....he voided a contract. He chose to A. Become a SJW After he lost his starting job
    B.he gambled on himself , voided a contract and lost.

If he really just wanted employment as a Professional Football player ...why hasn’t he tried the CFL? That would prove , showcase his skill set.

He’s being paid by Nike. So the job thing is pointless.

No one is guaranteed a “job” in the NFL. Period. If his lawyers and his Union can’t get his job back ...maybe he’s not wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a stupid framing of the question. No personnel exec has said that Kaep can't play. The last NFL person to comment on it was Pete Carroll; who observed (correctly) that Kaep was a starter-level NFL QB.

It is inarguable that the last time we saw Kaep play, he was better than a chunk of players who have started games in the NFL in '17 and '18 and '19. Unless you want to pound the table for Nathan Peterman or someone. And that's just starters. There are 32 or 40 some backup QBs. Kaep is/was better than almost all of them.

Kaep is out of the NFL for reasons other than playing ability. If the decision not to roster Kaep were due to playing ability, someone would have worked him out, to check on his playing ability.

???

I checked it a couple times. Seems pretty accurate.

Players opt out of an option year in the NFL EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

The Niners GM himself debunked what you said:

You literally did not have one single "fact" in your post.
    If he was any good. People will bring him on. The idea that the league is blackballing him, while the entire league is kneeling, is just ignorant

Manzel is being blackballed.

It's fair that someone is denied employment for speaking out on a social issue? Why on earth would anyone let that go?

Assumes facts not in evidence. The last time we saw him on a field, he looked better (along some dimensions) than 18 players who have started NFL games this season.

Well, it looks like he's after employment. That's not quite the same thing as a payout or handout.

Actually, going back one step, it looks like he's after a tryout or workout. Which would either lead to employment, or to being told he's not good enough / sharp enough.
    It is fair that someone is denied employment for speaking out on a social issue. It happens in other occupations, so why not the NFL? Many of us have to keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves in order to keep our jobs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    If he was any good. People will bring him on. The idea that the league is blackballing him, while the entire league is kneeling, is just ignorant
    I don't think this is necessarily the case. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any coach or exec in the NFL that would honestly say that Delvin Hodges, Gardner Minshew, Kyle Allen, Josh Rosen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Chase Daniel are better than Kaepernick. Maybe Kaepernick isn't exponentially better than some of those guys (Kyle Allen is playing pretty good football right now), but there is zero chance that anyone that knows anything about football can say without a doubt that Kaep isn't a better player than those guys. Even with the 3-yr absence.

The problem, as I see it, is that Kapernick isn't SO good that he's worth the ridiculous media circus that will undoubtedly follow him around and have possible negative ramifications on the team. If Kaepernick were Aaron Rodgers "good" or Russell Wilson "good", he'd be on a team - no doubt about it. Because at that point, the ROI from the team's perspective is worth it. ["Hey, we can deal with the ridiculous media circus and pissing off some fans because Kaepernick makes us a legitimate contender and after he balls out and shows the fans he is there to win games, they'll start coming back..."]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Manzel is being blackballed.
    Manzeil is a more accurate example of someone who just isn't that good of a QB. He couldn't hack it in the CFL or in the AAFL.

"Egregious"? How? Did the Ravens work him out? Offer him a contract?
    They said Seattle was the only team that expressed interest. I belive that's what is being referred to here.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You know, you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

Not sure why you feel entitled to shut down other people from talking about something.
    I don't feel entitled, I was begging "please" because what is going to be said about this that hasn't been said before?