Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Sad.
    It definitely makes me sad.

Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Yeah... whatever the merits of the case Kaep has, leaving out the Ravens is pretty egregious.

In 2016, for a deeply shitty team that gave up 31 ppg in his 11 starts and went 1-10, Kaep posted:

• AdjNetYds/Att of 5.92
    • Passer rating of 90.7
    • QBR of 49.5
    • DVOA of -17.5

These aren't great stats. But they're not bottom of the barrel can't-play-in-the-league stats either.
    Those measures are/were better than the following QBs who have STARTED games in the NFL this season:

• ANY/A: Dalton, Danny Dimes, Eli, Cam, Kyler, Baker, Josh Allen, Trubisky, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk.
    • Rating: tied with Flacco; better than Goff plus a bunch from the above list (Dalton+Dimes+Trubisky+Kyler+Eli+JAllen+Cam+Baker+Falk+Rosen)
    • QBR: Case Keenum, Jameis, Mason Rudolph, Bridgewater, Cousins, Mariota (along with Rosen+JAllen+Trubisky+Eli+Dalton+Baker+Cam+Falk)
    • DVOA: Kyler, J Allen, Baker, Rosen, Falk

That's 18 starters who along one or another measure of performance, have not played as well this season as Kaep did in '16. STARTERS.

But Kaep isn't good enough to deserve a shot at a backup job? Or even a camp arm? Puh-lease. Bullshit.
    He sucks. No teams wants him. Are you suggesting that you know NFL talent better than the experts??

The list isn’t accurate. He walked away from the 9ers.

Those are just facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Why? Man just let this s@&t go. It’s been 3 yrs.
    It's fair that someone is denied employment for speaking out on a social issue? Why on earth would anyone let that go?

this guy couldn’t play this year if he signed tomorrow.
    Assumes facts not in evidence. The last time we saw him on a field, he looked better (along some dimensions) than 18 players who have started NFL games this season.

He’s not looking like a SJW now – he’s looking like he’s after a payout.
    Well, it looks like he's after employment. That's not quite the same thing as a payout or handout.

Actually, going back one step, it looks like he's after a tryout or workout. Which would either lead to employment, or to being told he's not good enough / sharp enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Yeah – whatever the merits of the case Kaep has, leaving out the Ravens is pretty egregious.
    "Egregious"? How? Did the Ravens work him out? Offer him a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    He sucks. No teams wants him. Are you suggesting that you know NFL talent better than the experts??
    What a stupid framing of the question. No personnel exec has said that Kaep can't play. The last NFL person to comment on it was Pete Carroll; who observed (correctly) that Kaep was a starter-level NFL QB.

It is inarguable that the last time we saw Kaep play, he was better than a chunk of players who have started games in the NFL in '17 and '18 and '19. Unless you want to pound the table for Nathan Peterman or someone. And that's just starters. There are 32 or 40 some backup QBs. Kaep is/was better than almost all of them.

Kaep is out of the NFL for reasons other than playing ability. If the decision not to roster Kaep were due to playing ability, someone would have worked him out, to check on his playing ability.

The list isn’t accurate.
    ???

I checked it a couple times. Seems pretty accurate.

He walked away from the 9ers.
    Players opt out of an option year in the NFL EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

The Niners GM himself debunked what you said:

“Yes,” Lynch said when asked if Kaepernick would have been cut, “and we had that conversation with him. So I don’t want to characterize it as he made a decision to leave here.
    ... So he [K Shanahan?] had a great discussion that I think gave Colin clarity, so we moved on. ... So I think we’ve been very up front with it. But I think that is a fair characterization. Yes, he was not going to be here under the construct of his contract. We gave him the option, ‘You can opt out, we can release you, whatever.’ And he chose to opt out, but that was just a formality.”

Those are just facts.
    You literally did not have one single "fact" in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Vontaze Burfict's lawyer can come up with a list too and will have the same impact.
    How on earth is Kaep comparable to Vontaze Burfict??

Blog Entries

How on earth is Kaep comparable to Vontaze Burfict??
    They’re both more of a headache than they’re worth.

9. Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    send factos to the trash? sounds about right
    Glad you agree!!

10. Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

What a stupid framing of the question. No personnel exec has said that Kaep can't play. The last NFL person to comment on it was Pete Carroll; who observed (correctly) that Kaep was a starter-level NFL QB.

It is inarguable that the last time we saw Kaep play, he was better than a chunk of players who have started games in the NFL in '17 and '18 and '19. Unless you want to pound the table for Nathan Peterman or someone. And that's just starters. There are 32 or 40 some backup QBs. Kaep is/was better than almost all of them.

Kaep is out of the NFL for reasons other than playing ability. If the decision not to roster Kaep were due to playing ability, someone would have worked him out, to check on his playing ability.

???

I checked it a couple times. Seems pretty accurate.

Players opt out of an option year in the NFL EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

The Niners GM himself debunked what you said:

You literally did not have one single "fact" in your post.
    Maybe. However, you are simply believing your "facts" on something that someone reported and you choose to accept that as your "facts", since they fit your desired narrative. Same old song and dance. Nothing new here.

Blog Entries

Pride is a huge factor here. In that note from his representatives, he supposedly has wanted to keep playing and has been working out 5-days per week for 3 years. If that were true (that he wants to play, not that he is working out....lots of people work out 5-days per week) and he wasn't getting any interest from NFL teams, then why wouldn't he go play in the CFL?

The CFL gave Johnny Manziel a try. Are we really to believe that no CFL team would sign Kaepernick?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Maybe. However, you are simply believing your "facts" on something that someone reported and you choose to accept that as your "facts", since they fit your desired narrative.
    I guess?

I mean, I choose to "accept as facts" that Kaep's passer rating in 2016 was 90.7, and his AdjNetYds/Att was 5.9. I choose to "accept" that Flacco's passer rating this season is about the same, and that Dalton & Goff & Cam et al are all lower. And that their AdjNetYds/Att are also lower. I use Pro Football Reference a lot; it's always seemed reliable.

I accept Jeff Nally's assertion that no team has worked out Kaep since the 2016 season; I haven't seen any contrary facts, anywhere. If someone reports something that contradicts, then I'll reconsider.

I accept Jeff Nally's assertion that the '16 Niners squad voted Kaep the winner of the "Len Eshmont Award", which is something I had never heard of before yesterday. If someone reports something to the contrary, then I'll re-evaluate.

I accept Jeff Nally's assertion that Kaep still wants to play NFL football. I got no particular reason to doubt it; and Nally seems to be Kaep's "authorized representative".

Why are you using scare-quotes on that word facts? Is there something stated that you think is inaccurate? What, specifically?