Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamar's Calm

Lamar's Calm

Didn't see anyone post about the 4th down QB sneak play where Lamar dropped the snap but calmly picked it up and got the 1st down. That play could have been a disaster but he showed a lot of poise.

For whatever his faults may be, his pocket presence and poise are things QBs learn with experience. To know that those are things he already has, has me looking forward to good things from him.

Re: Lamar's Calm

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Didn't see anyone post about the 4th down QB sneak play where Lamar dropped the snap but calmly picked it up and got the 1st down. That play could have been a disaster but he showed a lot of poise.

For whatever his faults may be, his pocket presence and poise are things QBs learn with experience. To know that those are things he already has, has me looking forward to good things from him.
    Saw an interesting twitter stat - Lamar and Baker face similar number of pressures (67 vs. 66); however, their rating when pressured couldn’t be more different - Lamar 99.6, Mayfield 22.3

The opposite of calm I haven’t read much about that vicious stiff arm he got Watt with early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The opposite of calm I haven’t read much about that vicious stiff arm he got Watt with early in the game.
    Was that the one where he knocked over the lady photographer as he ran OOB?

She tweeted the pic that she got in that moment (tremendous), and some nice words about Lamar.

Pretty boss.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Was that the one where he knocked over the lady photographer as he ran OOB?

She tweeted the pic that she got in that moment (tremendous), and some nice words about Lamar.

Pretty boss.
    Awesome story I just read about that. He looked for her to make sure she was ok. Pretty great. I think it was the same play he put Watt on the ground too.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Awesome story I just read about that. He looked for her to make sure she was ok. Pretty great. I think it was the same play he put Watt on the ground too.
    LOVED that. Showed his character there. Good guy Lamar :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lamar has the "it" factor, we RARELY get players that have this. He just has that knack for making special plays, only a handful of QB's in the league have it.

I can't drive this point home enough but he's only 22, your brain isn't even fully developed until you're 25. The sky is the limit for him, people expect the world out of him already and he deserves far more patience than he gets but that comes with the territory of playing for a high caliber organization. Lamar has taken the pressure in stride and hasn't been phased at all.

We see young QB's have confidence/emotional issues constantly, look at Baker. To be honest Lamar, Watson, and Mahomes are all cut from the same cloth. They don't ever lose their cool or back down from a challenge.

That stiff arm was awesome and the fact that he helped up the photographer so quickly is one of the things that is endearing about the young man. I just love watching him play. Growing pains at times? Yes but he brings so much excitement. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players to ever watch because of his personality and talent.

That photo would look good on a poster.

10. Re: Lamar's Calm

I will say, I reserved judgement when we made the pick. One of the most impressive things I’ve seen out of him is his work ethic and character. It’s undeniable he put in serious work the offseason. You do forget at times he is only 22. I can only imagine what we’ll see when he’s 23, 24, 25... when the game slows down even more, we get him better protection up the middle and he’s able to read the entire field with patience. Wow! He’s already improved so much from 1-2 reads to going left to right to his 4th option. I was blind. Now I see! I see our philosophy coming into fruition. One thing from Ozzie I want eric to remember this off-season. Build from the inside out. Get us a premium G/C prospect and either a down lineman that rush the passer or outside rusher. Maybe try for a mike then in r3.

Went off a little there. Lamar is awesome though. It’s going to be fun watching him grown up in our organization.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Saw an interesting twitter stat - Lamar and Baker face similar number of pressures (67 vs. 66); however, their rating when pressured couldn’t be more different - Lamar 99.6, Mayfield 22.3
    That must be over the full season?

On sunday Lamar was 3/7 for 12 yards when pressured, which didn't include taking 5 sacks and having a few scrambles.

Ironically all 3 INT were when he wasn't pressured
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

LJ looks to be a generational QB that has the intangibles as well as tangibles. The thing that confused me about Sunday’s game was he stayed in the pocket when it collapsed instead of breaking to the outside and it resulted in 4 sacks.