Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Your thoughts on the NBA social warrior's silence on Communist China?

Maybe Lebron should have listened to Laura Ingram when she said "just shut up and dribble." Maybe, just maybe she was on to something. Just sayin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Maybe Lebron should have listened to Laura Ingram when she said "just shut up and dribble." Maybe, just maybe she was on to something. Just sayin.
    That’s racist!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That’s racist!
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I agree with you guys completely. It just shows how much the almighty dollar controls a lot of what these guys' motives are. It reeks of hypocrisy when you don't extend the helping hand of social justice to other countries even if it impacts your bottom dollar. It's a shame really.
    Are you honestly surprised? I seriously want to know the answer; Do you find it the least bit shocking when a Social Justice Warrior refuses to take a stand that could cause them even momentary discomfort?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Are you honestly surprised? I seriously want to know the answer; Do you find it the least bit shocking when a Social Justice Warrior refuses to take a stand that could cause them even momentary discomfort?
    Not necessarily. There are very few in this world who can truly stand for social justice, discomfort be damned.

Looking at this further, while I thought that there was no nuance whatsoever on LeBron's end, i think there might be a little based on this tweet he sent out shortly after it happened:

My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it.
    Based on that, I think what he was trying to say was that there were tons of NBA players over in China when Morey sent the tweet, and he didnt want them to come in harms way since they are obviously in a communist couuntry. I think he should have added to this by saying he believes in freedom along with freedom of speech, but I do understand what he's saying.

If I had family or teammates over in China during a potentially tenuous time, I wouldnt start popping off at the mouth against the government no matter what I believed. I think that's what he meant by saying that Morey should have waited a week to send it, when all of the NBA players had gotten back home.

Still not a good look, but I do believe there was nuance to how Lebron went about it.

My thoughts are that if Lebron was alive during slavery he'd take the side of slaveholders as long as they bought sneakers.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Looking at this further, while I thought that there was no nuance whatsoever on LeBron's end, i think there might be a little based on this tweet he sent out shortly after it happened:

Based on that, I think what he was trying to say was that there were tons of NBA players over in China when Morey sent the tweet, and he didnt want them to come in harms way since they are obviously in a communist couuntry. I think he should have added to this by saying he believes in freedom along with freedom of speech, but I do understand what he's saying.

If I had family or teammates over in China during a potentially tenuous time, I wouldnt start popping off at the mouth against the government no matter what I believed. I think that's what he meant by saying that Morey should have waited a week to send it, when all of the NBA players had gotten back home.

Still not a good look, but I do believe there was nuance to how Lebron went about it.
    This is a good perspective. It could have been his intent that the timing, while a BUNCH of people were in China at the time, was terrible. That being said, LeBron dug his own grave. People that want to ride the SJW train better make sure their house is immaculate... because if it isn't, you become the biggest hypocrite and a poster-child for the worst sort of bigotry. LeBron destroyed 95% of his entire legacy in one week. He will be known to 60% of Americans as "That a-hole who backed China"... All of his previous intelligent moments will be wiped from most people's memory and replaced with that. Dude could have gone out as part of the "Who was the greatest of all time?" conversations.... instead, everyone will have to add this caveat, "In spite of the stupid crap he said... he should be mentioned..."
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I think it also goes to say that MAYBE they aren't as oppressed as they complain about here. Since they can openly criticize the US for all sorts of things and it really doesn't affect them financially, but the second they criticize their communist/China leaders, they all shut up and tow the line because THAT is what it means to be oppressed. It is easy to run around being a social justice warrior in the US because we are a free country with little regard to holding people back of ANY color. The second these people step off the plane literally ANYWHERE in the world, they realize immediately that we are, hands down, the best country in the world in almost every regard. Easy to complain about the police in the US when in China, they are literally shooting people in the street for wanting to be free.
    You are allowed to trash this country all you want, even encouraged, applauded and rewarded by the left to do so. When on foreign soil, the rules change. Lebron didn't stay in his lane and got run over. Hopefully he's smart enough to now realize that this country has it's faults, but it's not so bad after all.

Blog Entries

NFL Executive Delighted to See ‘Woke’ NBA Catching Flack

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...atching-flack/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    NFL Executive Delighted to See ‘Woke’ NBA Catching Flack

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...atching-flack/
    When a large percentage of your league and viewership are African American the flag/anthem issue/policy is a no brainer. The NFL was losing money on it and put their foot down. The NBA was just exposed as being all about money as well. I'm not saying this with vindictiveness or glee. These are businesses and business decisions. I think Lebron may be like wtf just happened? Its a good teaching moment for everyone. Its easy to be preachy sometimes when you yourself are not being tested.

Blog Entries

NBA Fans Blast LeBron James For Yelling During National Anthem. Lebron's way of kneeling during the anthem?

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...tional-anthem/