Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Your thoughts on the NBA social warrior's silence on Communist China?

They sure have been exposed as a bunch of hypocrites haven't they? They don't mind trashing this country but look the other way when it comes to China. One reason, they don't want to lose their big fat shoe contracts.

Re: Your thoughts on the NBA social warrior's silence on Communist China?

Everyone is scared of Chinas economic might. That is everyone but Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    They sure have been exposed as a bunch of hypocrites haven't they? They don't mind trashing this country but look the other way when it comes to China. One reason, they don't want to lose their big fat shoe contracts.
    I consider myself liberal and you are completely correct.

Two Philadelphia 76ers fans were ejected from a preseason NBA game Tuesday night after chanting “Free Hong Kong.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/09/7...ree-hong-kong/

Everyone who works for the NBA and openly attacks America/Trump yet is silent on China is a corporate stooge w/zero credibility.

China is an actual ethno-state and one of the most "woke" companies in America (the NBA) is openly playing dumb when it comes to actual human rights violations in plain sight.

This is laughably transparent.

I hope everyone is paying attention.

Let’s be honest, the shoe companies basically run basketball. They want the China market, so they are going to insist on their minions to play nice.

NBA Players: We cannot reward those bigots in NC for making a law saying men should use the men's room by playing the All-Star game there!!!!

Also NBA Players: We respect the Peoples Republic of China, and do not mind that they have actual concentration camps of muslims, and harvest the organs of their working class.

On the player level, I can easily attribute this to stupidity, because I've heard Lebron attempt to speak intelligently... but the owners know better... and they look like a-holes right now in a BIG way.

I heard, and I cannot confirm (so don't come at me if this is correct), that nearly 1/3rd of NBA revenues are directly linked to the Chinese market. It would make sense seeing how I don't know more than 3 people that care at all about the NBA. The NBA championships don't even fill a sports bar in the hometown of one of the teams playing now-a-days....
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    NBA Players: We cannot reward those bigots in NC for making a law saying men should use the men's room by playing the All-Star game there!!!!

Also NBA Players: We respect the Peoples Republic of China, and do not mind that they have actual concentration camps of muslims, and harvest the organs of their working class.

On the player level, I can easily attribute this to stupidity, because I've heard Lebron attempt to speak intelligently... but the owners know better... and they look like a-holes right now in a BIG way.

I heard, and I cannot confirm (so don't come at me if this is correct), that nearly 1/3rd of NBA revenues are directly linked to the Chinese market. It would make sense seeing how I don't know more than 3 people that care at all about the NBA. The NBA championships don't even fill a sports bar in the hometown of one of the teams playing now-a-days....
    For some reason the number 1.3 or 1.7 billion sticks out to me as revenue from China.

I grew up playing basketball, it's actually always been my main sport, love to play. But I couldnt honestly care less about watching it and I know exactly one person that watches it.

Steve Kerr is also full of shit, he should of just said I don't want to discuss international politics or something instead of saying he doesnt know what's Goin on. Then you have LeBron, the biggest wanna be social justice warrior ever, would this not be the perfect time to make a stand for something thst affects a billion people? But no. As long as it doesn't affect his wallet he will say whatever... But the moment it costs money they shut up and bend the knee.

Let's not forget these morons banned the word owner. They banned the fucking word Owner because it was I sensitive. Gtfo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    For some reason the number 1.3 or 1.7 billion sticks out to me as revenue from China.

I grew up playing basketball, it's actually always been my main sport, love to play. But I couldnt honestly care less about watching it and I know exactly one person that watches it.

Steve Kerr is also full of shit, he should of just said I don't want to discuss international politics or something instead of saying he doesnt know what's Goin on. Then you have LeBron, the biggest wanna be social justice warrior ever, would this not be the perfect time to make a stand for something thst affects a billion people? But no. As long as it doesn't affect his wallet he will say whatever... But the moment it costs money they shut up and bend the knee.

Let's not forget these morons banned the word owner. They banned the fucking word Owner because it was I sensitive. Gtfo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    I haven't heard Popovitch poping off about China like he's been known to do about other social issues. And then there's maybe one of the world's biggest hypocrites, Colin Kaepernick, who doesn't have a problem with China as long as their sweat shops are cranking out his lame, overpriced Nike shoes, but is offended by a Betsy Ross flag.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I haven't heard Popovitch poping off about China like he's been known to do about other social issues. And then there's maybe one of the world's biggest hypocrites, Colin Kaepernick, who doesn't have a problem with China as long as their sweat shops are cranking out his lame, overpriced Nike shoes, but is offended by a Betsy Ross flag.
    I stated numerous times back when he signed his deal with Nike that it should show how much of a hypocrite he is, but all these morons out there still buying his gear preaching him saying he's the new MLK. Absolutely hilarious.

I get that business relations sometimes you have to put certain things a side but when you make your brand this and Continously preach about social injustice then ignore a country that oppresses a billion people to line your pockets.... And even go to that country to promote yourselves, you should lose all respect from the fans. Should but won't.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post

I fully understand you disagreeing with LeBron, cuz I fully agree with you well, but why the hell are you talking about his ability to speak intelligently. There is literally no reason to bring that up. And then yáll wonder why black athletes complain about stuff like this. And on top of it, it's ironic since he might be the most intelligent basketball player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I fully understand you disagreeing with LeBron, cuz I fully agree with you well, but why the hell are you talking about his ability to speak intelligently. There is literally no reason to bring that up. And then yáll wonder why black athletes complain about stuff like this. And on top of it, it's ironic since he might be the most intelligent basketball player of all time.
    Have you heard him speak? He reminds me of Darnell Jefferson from The Program.

The dude has compared himself to Emmet Till, called the NFL slave owners the goes to theie games, freaked out over the word possi, cried racism over shut up and dribble. The dude is a joke, but at least he does great things for the community.

Breaking: Basketball iq literally means nothing when trying to discus non basketball matters.

Also, have no idea what him being black has to do with Ditka Sausage saying what he did. He sounds like an idiot when he has tried to discuss certain things and he happens to be black, it's not because he's black that he sounds like an idiot.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I think players like Lebron that have the huge platform that they do need to do a little research and fact finding before taking on these "controversial" topics. In Lebron's case, I don't believe it's a question of his intelligence, I believe it's more of him being uninformed. One thing's for sure, he wasn't taught his beliefs in college. I have heard that he is a very good, father, citizen and does and donates a lot of time and money for his communities and charities.