Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. D. J. Swearinger

With TJ on IR, do we bring him in for a look? He was cut but AZ last week and I think he's still available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: D. J. Swearinger

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    With TJ on IR, do we bring him in for a look? He was cut but AZ last week and I think he's still available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Sure why not? Is he willing to play behind Elliot though and potentially not start?

To me I'd be more then willing to release Board and bring in Swearinger and Foster. I really hope Harbaugh doesn't think he has fixed this defense by bringing in Bynes. This team doesn't just have a problem with the starters which is pretty hard to fix but it also has a problem with depth. We are already benching Young and Board. Board doesn't have a ton of upside just toss him and move on.

The real question is are some of these guys left in FA who can still play are willing to come in and compete for a spot and snaps or are they waiting for a starting spot to open up.

I want to see Elliot and Clark get a shot, bring him in if you want but I want him in a rotation with those 2 guys.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

DJ has some real issues. Hes basically Bernard Pollard (4 teams in 6 years and getting released mid season). Id pass for a multitude of reasons, one of which being hes not that good to begin with (hes allowed 3 TDs in 4 games this year).
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Swearinger has a QB rating against him of 145.3. He's been the worst safety in pass coverage in the NFL this year. He's been a good player in the past but something is way off this year. Teams usually bench guys they paid like that unless they've really had enough and just can't watch them anymore. I'm not saying don't look at him but this would be a real long shot

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Sure why not? Is he willing to play behind Elliot though and potentially not start?

To me I'd be more then willing to release Board and bring in Swearinger and Foster. I really hope Harbaugh doesn't think he has fixed this defense by bringing in Bynes. This team doesn't just have a problem with the starters which is pretty hard to fix but it also has a problem with depth. We are already benching Young and Board. Board doesn't have a ton of upside just toss him and move on.

The real question is are some of these guys left in FA who can still play are willing to come in and compete for a spot and snaps or are they waiting for a starting spot to open up.
    The Ravens already worked out Mason Foster and signed Josh Bynes instead after they signed L.J Fort. Makes really no sense to sign Mason Foster who probably isnt willing to play on special teams and would cost more than Board. Board and Young may not have lived up to expectations so far in the season but The Ravens coaching staff still like them and they cheap. Cant keep filling the rosters with veteran players.

Blog Entries

Just play Elliott and Clark. One of those guys could be the future starter after Jefferson is gone. Swearinger would just be a stopgap and based on results so far this year, not a good one.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Swearinger should be a linebacker. He should try and do what Mark Barron did.

If the Ravens are going to go after another safety, I'd much rather see them go after Eric Berry. That guy can cover.

But, ultimately, just go with Elliott.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Or, go out and sign Deone Buchannon who was just released by Tampa Bay.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or, go out and sign Deone Buchannon who was just released by Tampa Bay.
    Was just about to say, speaking of safeties that play linebacker....

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Was just about to say, speaking of safeties that play linebacker....
    The original. Let's see if we have interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Swearinger has a QB rating against him of 145.3. He's been the worst safety in pass coverage in the NFL this year. He's been a good player in the past but something is way off this year. Teams usually bench guys they paid like that unless they've really had enough and just can't watch them anymore. I'm not saying don't look at him but this would be a real long shot
    This.

He's basically a linebacker in a safety body. Not a good player...typical name player that is out there but isn't actually good.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.