Ravens to Reset after Seattle game

Just my opinion. Don't think it will take that long, but I would bet that DeCosta, Kokinis and Ortiz are all looking at supplementing the current roster and tweaking whenever it is possible. Like others here have said that may be a difficult task using the trade deadline. Especially since DeCosta values picks. But, seeing the drastic if not desperate measures the team took during last week, (Bynes, Canaday, Ford) I would expect the team to consider other positive moves that can at least stop the bleeding on Defense and allow the team to focus. Sadly, it may mean changing the offense to try to protect the Defense from being further exposed.... I am anxious to see DeShon Elliott get his feet wet with more snaps. His physical style could help the S/ILB's and support Levine too, who I feel will be asked to be on the field more in Jefferson's absence and he's an ACE special teamer.... I am beating a dead horse, but getting Jimmy Smith back, assuming after the Bye Week provides some maneuverability for Wink. Finally, having Averett and Young inactive last week... was that sending a message, or is it more to this? I am very interested in seeing the progression of Earl Thomas now that Jefferson is out. Seems that every week he is feeling ore comfortable. he needs a statement game, even if against the bengals, so his fellow teammates can feed off of him..

Re: Ravens to Reset after Seattle game

I'm not sure what other "positive moves" the team can make at this point. Are you suggesting that any move they make after the bye is going to impact the offense? How?

I’d say ET had a statement game already by knocking Rudolph out cold. Humphrey punching that ball out from Schuster in crunch time was reminiscent of the glory days on defense. They’re still kind of bad, but not that bad. A couple more tweaks here and there but no need for any mad scientist stuff. At some point barring injury just let them keep playing together. They’ve probably already hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm not sure what other "positive moves" the team can make at this point. Are you suggesting that any move they make after the bye is going to impact the offense? How?
    I think having the bye week when it occurs this year, allows for any moving parts to get is sync. Just my thought. I got be way off. But, get past Cincinnati, get Jimmy back, and start looking to tighten up the front 7 on Defense. That can be assisted with a healthy Jimmy Smith. Further, the ball control or heavier rushing gameplay can also protect our weakest link. Which as of now is the Defense.

Blog Entries

Is this another trade for this guy thread?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I thought the same as you. Also, having LJ win despite not playing a very good game in Pittsburg is a big mental win.. Ravens have won at Heinz in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018 and then last week. Pretty impressive, considering it's like Army-Navy when they meet regardless of record.