Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Where did the OFFENSIVE REVOLUTION go?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    When are some people going to learn never to take Harbaugh at his word?
    The same guy who would constantly blame "technique issues" and who came up with "53 mighty men" lol?
    Also with Greg Roman involved I wasn’t believing Harbaugh from the start. The offense needs to ball out against the Bengals this week no excuses. I think the Dolphins game got everyone a little too excited with myself included.

Just missing a few pieces. One OG,C and wideout away from being very good,. It's the defense that's shite.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Just missing a few pieces. One OG,C and wideout away from being very good,. It's the defense that's shite.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The defense does suck. But just imagine yourself sitting in your 787 MAX seat, next in line for take off, when the pilot comes on the speaker to announce something to the effect that your next in line for take off and by the way both engines are missing a few pieces but you shouldn't worry to much about it.

The Ravens have been missing those "few pieces" for years now and Harbaugh and Ozzie's attempt to find them have been a dismal failure. Only DeCosta's presence provides Ravens fans with any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The defense does suck. But just imagine yourself sitting in your 787 MAX seat, next in line for take off, when the pilot comes on the speaker to announce something to the effect that your next in line for take off and by the way both engines are missing a few pieces but you shouldn't worry to much about it.

The Ravens have been missing those "few pieces" for years now and Harbaugh and Ozzie's attempt to find them have been a dismal failure. Only DeCosta's presence provides Ravens fans with any hope.
    Do you know of a complete team? I’m listening?
    KC has no defense. The Pats have no skill players or OL. Those are by far the best two teams in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Do you know of a complete team? I’m listening?
    KC has no defense. The Pats have no skill players or OL. Those are by far the best two teams in football.

Its just frustrating to be told year after year that we are just a "few missing pieces away" only to have the guy in charge keep "missing" on the "missing pieces." I just don't want Harbaugh to piss away Lamar's career like he pissed away Joe's (between 2013 and 2018). Its just frustration speaking

What worries me about the Offensive Revolution is that Roman seems to have abandoned half the playbook over the least few weeks for no reason whatsoever. Deep passes, passes outside the numbers, passes to recievers whose names don't start Mar_ , play action and RPOs have all dried up, even though they were all working well whenever we used them. It just makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    What worries me about the Offensive Revolution is that Roman seems to have abandoned half the playbook over the least few weeks for no reason whatsoever. Deep passes, passes outside the numbers, passes to recievers whose names don't start Mar_ , play action and RPOs have all dried up, even though they were all working well whenever we used them. It just makes no sense.
    It is either Harbaugh or Roman who holds the blame.

Look at the Dolphins game, what did Lamar throw maybe 20 times? Then look at how many passing attempts increased (37, 43, 34 & 28).
    To me that has Harbaugh written all over it. What did MM do when he was OC? Flacco was throwing it 40+ times per game and this team was losing.

Harbaugh is a stubborn ass human being, its been said at length by alot of people. I think he wants to proven Jackson is that guy or he just wants this top tier passing offense that bad. Just my opinion.

The same problem persists. Marty is gone. Flacco is gone. The bad WRS are gone.
    The same stubborn ass head coach remains the one constant.

Jackson should not be throwing 30-40 times per game. This team should be leading in rushing, setting up the play action and deep pass for 15-20 times per game. Where has the deep throws or play action been past few games??? Its back to short intermediate passing game again like we suffered through for years with Flacco, MM and Trestman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Also with Greg Roman involved I wasn’t believing Harbaugh from the start. The offense needs to ball out against the Bengals this week no excuses. I think the Dolphins game got everyone a little too excited with myself included.
    I agree and predicted a 31 - 20 Ravens win, but let's temper our enthusiasm with the fact that this is still like LJ's rookie year in a way. He has only been our starting QB for 12 games thus far. He has a go-to guy in Andrews, but Hollywood is a rookie as is Boykin. It's difficult enough to develop a young QB, but then incorporating several young receivers at the same time is a daunting task indeed. I believe that in another year or two we will see a productive/dangerous Ravens offense, but we shouldn't expect it too soon... Bc

This is a hilarious thread.

What are the Ravens offensive rankings, objectively speaking?

How are they doing in yardage? Points scored? Time of Possession?

How do the Ravens historically do on offense outsides of 2011, 2012, and 2014?

I think we are in the midst of the Revolution. The problem is our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

Absolutely. This is the best offense we've ever had and the worst defense. I'm just wondering why we've arbitrarily jettisoned so many things that were working well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

Agreed. Offense is more than holding their weight. Some people just like to bitch and want things to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    It is either Harbaugh or Roman who holds the blame.

Look at the Dolphins game, what did Lamar throw maybe 20 times? Then look at how many passing attempts increased (37, 43, 34 & 28).
    To me that has Harbaugh written all over it. What did MM do when he was OC? Flacco was throwing it 40+ times per game and this team was losing.

Harbaugh is a stubborn ass human being, its been said at length by alot of people. I think he wants to proven Jackson is that guy or he just wants this top tier passing offense that bad. Just my opinion.

The same problem persists. Marty is gone. Flacco is gone. The bad WRS are gone.
    The same stubborn ass head coach remains the one constant.

Jackson should not be throwing 30-40 times per game. This team should be leading in rushing, setting up the play action and deep pass for 15-20 times per game. Where has the deep throws or play action been past few games??? Its back to short intermediate passing game again like we suffered through for years with Flacco, MM and Trestman.
    In Miami Lamar had amazing success and left the game before it was over. Of course he’s going to have limited pass attempts when every pass goes for a long touchdown. His pass attempts rising are the effect of reduced effectiveness, not the result.