Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Where did the OFFENSIVE REVOLUTION go?

Learning qb in the NFL takes 1,000 snaps. Call it two plus years. He is about half way there. This time next year he will be reading defense faster, making faster progressions on throws and have a clear working relationship with three receivers. He is doing a great job of getting out of bounds or avoiding big hits. RG3 has explained it to him and he has taken it to heart.

Right now he is running into sacks. Spin moves into waiting arms. He just needs to throw the ball away a little bit more. He needs to understand that third and eight is not that hard to convert with his running option. Joe had to throw for 3/8 every time. Mostly underneath and hope for YAC to get the first. It rarely did. LJ can move around, buy time and run if he gets a lane.

I do agree with the sentiment that Lamar is trying too much to prove he's a pocket passer. Well look at Mason Rudolph. Lamar just play your game.

Boker tov. Chag Sameach. Chag Yom Kippurim. (Headed into morning shacarit service).

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Joker, I agree. My slant is that the Ravens coaching staff wants LJ to be more of a "traditional" Pocket QB, but that is not what his natural instincts tell him to do. Therefore, he is torn between nature and training. I do think, that due to LJ's personality, he will blend the two but it will take some time to develop. I am optimistic that by 2020 or 2021 the Ravens offense will be one that we have never seen before... and I mean that in a good way ... Bc
    Yeah I don’t see that at all. I think Lamar would prefer to be a passer first and the coaching staff wants him to be more of a running threat

I think people are missing how much he improved. Yes he doesn't look like Patrick Mahomes, but he looks double the Quarterback as he did last year. He went from inconsistently flashing, to very competent. I'd say he's about an average passer in the league right now, and frequently flashes the upside showing he's not at his ceiling. TODAY I'm putting him ahead of:

Winston, Flacco, Minshew/Foles, Cousins, Trubisky, Allen/Newton, Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen/Fitzpatrick, Roethlisberger/Rudolph/whoever is there, Dalton, Mariota, Redskins mess, Jones, Murray, Carr, (I'm going to omit Bridgewater because he's a backup and I wouldn't put him over Brees).

That's 17 Quarterbacks/QB situations I think Lamar Jackson today is unarguably better than purely as a passer. I think the arguments can be made that he's currently better than Ryan, Stafford, or Garoppolo at this point.

That's average. He's average as a passer right now. Last year he wouldn't come close to some of those guys. The leap he's made, especially compared to the other young QBs is astounding. He's delivered. And he's nowhere near his ceiling yet. So it's ok to say he still has improvement to do. It's ok to expect him to continue to grow. But let's not discount just how far he has come. This guy can play. Today.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Also, consider the line that's blocking in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    In the first 9 games of last year (with Joe Flacco) the Ravens averaged 23.7 points a game. I guess the original point that I was trying to make was that Harbaugh is a blowhard (as many people on this board know) - and the crap that he he puts out there is just crap. Its only a matter of time before he does to Lamar what he did to Joe. Lamar deserves a young, aggressive, creative coach and system - and he's not going to get it from Harbaugh. I have come around on Lamar and I believe he can be special - its just that Harbaugh is not the guy to do it.
    Harbaugh isn't the guy designing the system that Jackson is playing in. Roman is.

The Revolution will not be televised.

Blog Entries

it's people calling the offense getting too damn cute is the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Harbaugh isn't the guy designing the system that Jackson is playing in. Roman is.
    Harbaugh is the head coach. Roman is doing what Harbaugh wants and approves. The fact that Harbaugh has no understanding of how to put a modern NFL offense on the field has been the problem from the get go. I only hope Lamar can survive Harbaugh.

Harbaugh is the head coach. Roman is doing what Harbaugh wants and approves. The fact that Harbaugh has no understanding of how to put a modern NFL offense on the field has been the problem from the get go. I only hope Lamar can survive Harbaugh.
    It’s a work in progress and even you have to admit it’s a lot more productive and fun to watch than a Flacco/MM offense even while they’re still playing with the right formula to find a good balance while breaking in a very young QB and skill position players.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s a work in progress and even you have to admit it’s a lot more productive and fun to watch than a Flacco/MM offense even while they’re still playing with the right formula to find a good balance while breaking in a very young QB and skill position players.
    I agree that its a work in progress and it is fun to watch. I just think with the right people (whoever they may be) it could be better faster. I just don't think its Harbaugh

I agree that its a work in progress and it is fun to watch. I just think with the right people (whoever they may be) it could be better faster. I just don't think its Harbaugh
    I’m really not sure how much Harbaugh even has to do with this offense... sounds like you are just taking any excuse to take a shot at him..:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk