Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast
  1. Re: Where did the OFFENSIVE REVOLUTION go?

Man at a now defunct competing forum we had an Ed Reed is done post that we'd revive for years for this sort of talk.

Kind of like a "both teams played hard" Alan Iverson quote.

If the ravens offense and especially the ravens running game remains so versatile the opposing defenses will need 12 men on the field every snap to compete.

Re: Where did the OFFENSIVE REVOLUTION go?

I think Harbaugh and his assistants have developed quite an offense w/the emphasis on running and plays designed for Lamar.I don't understand the argument here.I've seen several articles on how the Ravens have keyed their offense to Lamar's skill set.

I think you'll begin to see the extent of the Lamar effect come draft time. It w/b interesting to see the kinds of QB's drafted. You can be sure that the writers w/b all over the draft picks if you see a bunch of Lamar-like QB's being taken.

Where did it go? It's right here, baby!

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/stat...360704/photo/1

#1 in both dropback & rushing EPA through week 11, remarkable.

4. Re: Where did the OFFENSIVE REVOLUTION go?

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Where did it go? It's right here, baby!

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/stat...360704/photo/1

#1 in both dropback & rushing EPA through week 11, remarkable.
    And no one's even close. The teams with similar dropback EPA/play have negative run EPA, and no one has similar run EPA/play.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

With 6 more TDs last night and a missing punter sighting, I think this needs to get back on the front page.

The Revolution was televised all over America yesterday.

Come on OP, at least come back and eat your crow like a man.

Blog Entries

I've started some threads in my day, but I don't think any of them aged this badly, and I get along just fine with the OP.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I'll give C&D some credit.

After shitting on Lamar all off-season and predicting the Broncos doing better than us (lol, good take) he has eaten his fair share of Crow and Humble Pie.

Dude is fully on the bandwagon from what I'm seeing. No worries, there is plenty of room!

Blog Entries

Man, I am okay with C&D as well. At least he has owned up to his bad takes and remained a fan of this team. Better than Goode (who I liked) or some of those other guys who followed Flacco to Denver and are now getting what they deserve for picking the player over the team, lol. I assume we would all shun them should they try to rejoin the board.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I do believe I know where the OFFENSIVE REVOLUTION is now - but in order to eat crow we would have to kill the bird - and I ain't going to do anything the upsets the apple cart right now. I'll stick to the Turkey on Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I've started some threads in my day, but I don't think any of them aged this badly, and I get along just fine with the OP.
    Stop being so modest - you've started MANY threads that have aged worse (or is promoting Greg Roman still "not the answer"?) :)
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

In fairness, I don't think our offense is that innovative schematically. It's very similar to what we saw last year, and what we've seen teams like the Redskins, Bills, and 49ers do in the recent past. It's the talent and personnel combinations that make it go, IMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...