Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617 LastLast

Re: Rumor: Ravens will be very active before trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Wasn’t it a “three year plan “? Well here we are 2 coordinators, and 3 yrs later and we’re still “a work in progress”.
    Every NFL team is always a "work in progress". Like building a sand castle on the beach: the waves of injury & age & free agency chip away at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Trading Thomas for a LT helps safeguard that future.
    What LT are we talking about? Because it's laughable to think that we'd trade Ronnie Stanley, particularly for a nothing player like Solomon Thomas, and James Hurst isn't a Tackle at all... he's not even really a decent Guard.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Rumor: Ravens will be very active before trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    They (49ers) weren’t 4-0 in April (to Blovius_Maximus)
    LOL, great reply Nj... Bc

Blog Entries

That's all the more reason to trade him.

They didn't really want him in April. They don't really need him (as evidenced by their record) in October. Teams are supposed to trade from their storehouse of strengths, right?

More importantly: the 49ers future is tied more to Jimmy G than it is Thomas. Trading Thomas for a LT helps safeguard that future. Thomas is already a forgotten man. But the QB -- well, the coach and the GM won't get fired if Thomas fails, but if Jimmy G fails then comes clamor for new leadership.
    They tried to trade Thomas before the deadline last year too. His 5th year is high since he was the #3 overall pick. It’s a lot for a guy who is kind of meh. He supposedly a really good locker room guy and is a good enough player not to just get rid of on the cheap.

The 49ers have a good starting Tackle but he’s out with a broken leg. If Thomas could be moved to fill that hole they’d be interested but that’s certainly not coming from here.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 35s35 seconds ago

Sources: Cardinals are getting calls about teams inquiring about CB Patrick Peterson but they keep telling teams they’re not trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 35s35 seconds ago

Sources: Cardinals are getting calls about teams inquiring about CB Patrick Peterson but they keep telling teams they’re not trading him.
    I mean if they want to make him a Cardinal lifer that's great but otherwise, why?

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 45m45 minutes ago

Sources: Multiple teams have called the Jets to inquire about the availability of DE Leonard Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 45m45 minutes ago

Sources: Multiple teams have called the Jets to inquire about the availability of DE Leonard Williams.
    Okay, now THAT one I'd be aaaaalllll over. He would massively upgrade the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    What LT are we talking about? Because it's laughable to think that we'd trade Ronnie Stanley, particularly for a nothing player like Solomon Thomas, and James Hurst isn't a Tackle at all... he's not even really a decent Guard.
    I tend to agree. I'd rather have Stanley than Thomas. If a deal involved Thomas+ then it all depends on what that + amounts to.

I don't see a deal between the Ravens and 49ers happening anytime soon. Rather, a contending Ravens with an expected surplus of draft picks would trade with a down-and-out team looking for draft picks to help in a rebuild. Falcons, Dolphins, Redskins, Cardinals, Jets, Bengals, and maybe the Broncos and Jags -- one of those teams has to have a pass rusher that can help this team, um, right?

That's all the more reason to trade him.

They didn't really want him in April. They don't really need him (as evidenced by their record) in October. Teams are supposed to trade from their storehouse of strengths, right?

More importantly: the 49ers future is tied more to Jimmy G than it is Thomas. Trading Thomas for a LT helps safeguard that future. Thomas is already a forgotten man. But the QB -- well, the coach and the GM won't get fired if Thomas fails, but if Jimmy G fails then comes clamor for new leadership.
    Wtf LT are they getting for Solomon Thomas?

If it’s a player for player trade, sure. But I don’t think they’re getting a remotely starting caliber OT for him right now. And there’s no reason to trade a guy who is contributing, even if it’s in a relatively small way, for a draft pick.

Dude had a sack today as the team went to 5-0. Even if he could have a bigger role elsewhere, there’s no reason for them to prefer a mid round pick next season to his rotational contributions right now, as they try to win a Super Bowl.

I tend to agree. I'd rather have Stanley than Thomas. If a deal involved Thomas+ then it all depends on what that + amounts to.

I don't see a deal between the Ravens and 49ers happening anytime soon. Rather, a contending Ravens with an expected surplus of draft picks would trade with a down-and-out team looking for draft picks to help in a rebuild. Falcons, Dolphins, Redskins, Cardinals, Jets, Bengals, and maybe the Broncos and Jags -- one of those teams has to have a pass rusher that can help this team, um, right?
    You “tend to agree” that one of the best LTs in the NFL is more valuable than a rotational defensive lineman. Wtf is even happening here. There is NO plus that could make that a good trade for the Ravens. I wouldn’t give them Stanley for Thomas and two firsts. This is ludicrous all around.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    You “tend to agree” that one of the best LTs in the NFL is more valuable than a rotational defensive lineman. Wtf is even happening here. There is NO plus that could make that a good trade for the Ravens. I wouldn’t give them Stanley for Thomas and two firsts. This is ludicrous all around.
    I tend to agree. I'd rather have Lamar Jackson than Mercedes Lewis.