Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rumor: Ravens will be very active before trade deadline

Problem the Ravens are going to have is there are only a couple of teams that are “out of it”...and two of them are in the AFC North.

Not a lot to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Doubt we trade and may not have to. As bad as we are on defense we still could win the division and make the playoff, get knocked out the first round, rebuild the defense via the draft/free agency. And taking a look around the league wildcard isn't out of the question either. Win/win situation. See who steps up, avoid giving away the farm for a player or two, get to the dance and reassess from there.

There is no point trading for anything before a pass rusher. Prime champ bailey and Revis would look bad with this pass rush. You can only cover for so long. And the reverse is true. A great pass rush can make a decent secondary look elite. Hurried/hit throws lead to INTs and Incompletes.

There were plays that literally gave the Steelers QB enough time to make a got Damn thanksgiving meal... never seen a pass rush this bad honestly

This team is being built to be very good for several years to come. Not so much a must win now. Although if you get a chance you take it... So where we clearly see the need for better play on defense, I don't see DeCosta mortgaging the future. Jimmy Smith's $$ comes off the books next year. Hopefully Averett, Iman-Marshall and Tayvon will continue to grow in the secondary as pros. With Pierce being an UDFA, along with Judon, I can see the team looking if the right player and team control comes into play. If Sieler and Mack develop, either Pierce or Williams goes. They won't both be on the team next year. I'll never forget how Pierce took care f himself in the off season, what will he do if you play him. I say pass.. Resign Stanley and Humphrey are priorities. Judon will look for a Z.Smith deal, and that doesn't work with me due to his blatant lack of consistency. Nothing JLC is accurate about 5% of the time. Seeing how Bynes contributed this week, and seeing Young deactivated, leaves me to believe that EDC wants to fix things..

Seeing the Chiefs look incredibly average last night and considering Patriots opponents, outside of Bills where they knocked out Josh Allen, have a combined one win.. I think AFC is very much up for grabs or at least not as far out of reach as some here suggest.

We are probably built for a run starting next year once offense gets a little more experience and EDC can sign and draft some defensive talent but if you can add a guy who will be part of the solution for next couple years I am all for making a deal. I don’t want to trade picks for older players who’s contracts are up this year.

Why?. No one is giving up a great or let alone good pass rusher without a Kings Ransom.... And we're not close enought to a Superbowl contender to make a move like that

Blog Entries

If Ramsey were a Raven and you were looking to let go of him, what would he be worth to you? How good is Jalen Ramsey? Is he 'Two First Round Picks' good?

What is he worth based on what you'd want if he were your player?
    What is he worth based on the player he is?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

At this point, I don't think there's a single team that's out of it. Heck, the Bengals could win Sunday and only be two games back of us. Too bad they won't but you get the point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Good point. Ramsey asking price seemed insane, but it dpendds what it actually is/if it's dropped.

I really want Diggs
    My problem with Ramsey continues to be that both he and Marlon are going to be commanding market-setting contracts when they hit FA soon. You can't dump that much cap space on one position, so it ends up being a two-year proposition.

Diggs I would do if the price is right, especially depending on Hollywood's health.

But I'm the opposite of JonAB -- the one I want the MOST is a guy like Miller. $17MM a year for two years as a stop-gap until we can (HOPEFULLY!) develop a young pass rusher or two. And then he's gone, off the books. That seems like a good solution for win-now without also compromising our future. And he fills what is far-and-away our biggest need.

My only question for Von is if he still has the juice. Only two sacks on the year. I haven't watched him play much. Is he still a gamewrecker at this point?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Ramsey were a Raven and you were looking to let go of him, what would he be worth to you? How good is Jalen Ramsey? Is he 'Two First Round Picks' good?

The back injury is concerning I don't know if I'd do the same kind of trade now and I've heard reports of other teams backing away.

At the end of the day he's still a 24 year old shutdown corner but a ton of stuff is coming out about him that wasn't previously known. I'd still give up a first but not two firsts can't do it now not even a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

If he were a raven and I found he had back issues and wasn't willing to play for the team I'd take two firsts easy. I mean what is more important sticking it to the player or getting value because if the relationship is not salvageable as it appears to with Ramsey you are not going to get any more value then 2 first rounders in the future. So why hold out his trade value will only continue to go down and you are just putting off something you will have to do later anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

No team should ever give up two first rounders for a CB. The position does not affect the game enough to be worth that level of investment. The Raiders had the best CB in the league for years with Nnamdi Asomugha and never won squat. The Jets had Revis and never won squat.

The Ravens are already overinvested in the secondary yet have the worst defense in the league. Injuries are a factor but they always are.

The most important positions on a football team are QB, LT, and edge rusher, in that order. A team is successful when it has a QB, protects its QB, and gets after the other QB. The Ravens have the first two but not the third and that's why they're bad right now.

Blog Entries

The Ravens shouldn't even be in on Ramsey at this point. The CBs are by far our best position on defense now that Canady has stabilized the 3rd CB spot, and we continue to get closer to Jimmy being back.

I don't think the Jaguars are interested in moving him for anything other than a Mack type deal at this point anyway. They are competitive and he can help them in a fairly open division.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52