Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rumor: Ravens will be very active before trade deadline

For what itís worth....(not a ton given the source):

Jason LaCanfora was on the radio (no link) saying that DeCosta is planning to be VERY aggressive adding talent via trades.

Are we getting pass rush help? DB? OL? WR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rumor: Ravens will be very active before trade deadline

Worst pass rush Iíve ever seen. I didnít see pressure on one single play. They better do something.

Anything LaCanfora says should be ignored, and even perhaps the opposite should be considered the truth.

Regardless, I don’t want any ‘win now’ moves. Ramsey or Diggs I am fine with because they would be a part of a long term nucleus of the team that potentially has a winning window opening. A player that helps us for potentially one to two years, like Von Miller, doesn’t particularly interest me even though he’d be the biggest impact player this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Anything LaCanfora says should be ignored, and even perhaps the opposite should be considered the truth.

Regardless, I don’t want any ‘win now’ moves. Ramsey or Diggs I am fine with because they would be a part of a long term nucleus of the team that potentially has a winning window opening. A player that helps us for potentially one to two years, like Von Miller, doesn’t particularly interest me even though he’d be the biggest impact player this season.
    Good point. Ramsey asking price seemed insane, but it dpendds what it actually is/if it's dropped.

I really want Diggs
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Good point. Ramsey asking price seemed insane, but it dpendds what it actually is/if it's dropped.

I really want Diggs
    Yes absolutely. I would not give up two first round picks for either. But if the asking price gets to the point where it would be considered fair or a bargain, then absolutely pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

I really want Diggs
    My problem with Ramsey continues to be that both he and Marlon are going to be commanding market-setting contracts when they hit FA soon. You can't dump that much cap space on one position, so it ends up being a two-year proposition.

Diggs I would do if the price is right, especially depending on Hollywood's health.

But I'm the opposite of JonAB -- the one I want the MOST is a guy like Miller. $17MM a year for two years as a stop-gap until we can (HOPEFULLY!) develop a young pass rusher or two. And then he's gone, off the books. That seems like a good solution for win-now without also compromising our future. And he fills what is far-and-away our biggest need.

My only question for Von is if he still has the juice. Only two sacks on the year. I haven't watched him play much. Is he still a gamewrecker at this point?
    "Not bad for a running back."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    My problem with Ramsey continues to be that both he and Marlon are going to be commanding market-setting contracts when they hit FA soon. You can't dump that much cap space on one position, so it ends up being a two-year proposition.

Diggs I would do if the price is right, especially depending on Hollywood's health.

But I'm the opposite of JonAB -- the one I want the MOST is a guy like Miller. $17MM a year for two years as a stop-gap until we can (HOPEFULLY!) develop a young pass rusher or two. And then he's gone, off the books. That seems like a good solution for win-now without also compromising our future. And he fills what is far-and-away our biggest need.

My only question for Von is if he still has the juice. Only two sacks on the year. I haven't watched him play much. Is he still a gamewrecker at this point?
    Yes - he dominated the Chargers yesterday. Was living in their backfield.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

I guess I shouldnít have been so absolute in my terms. I definitely am not against a Von Miller move, itís just that the price would have to be significantly lower than a Diggs or Ramsey. And I donít think it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post

Regardless, I donít want any Ďwin nowí moves. Ramsey or Diggs I am fine with because they would be a part of a long term nucleus of the team that potentially has a winning window opening. A player that helps us for potentially one to two years, like Von Miller, doesnít particularly interest me even though heíd be the biggest impact player this season.
    I hope his statement backfires in his face and there are no moves.

This team needs its draft picks. So far after 5 games this team in my opinion is not built to win now so why mortgage the future and lose picks?

Jadeveon Clowney is not coming in here and fixing this team by himself, there is no 1 player who could do that. Yesterdays game was ugly from beginning to end and had we faced Rothlisberger or even Rudolph it would have probably been a loss. If not for a miraculous play by Marlon a rookie undrafted QB was having no problem moving up and down the field and only needed 30 yards for them to have kicked the game winning field goal.

This defense needs multiple players.
    The offense needs to improve. 3 straight games going into halftime where Jackson cannot put up 100 yards through the air. Yesterday was another problem of the WRS not being involved again and teams are keying in on this.

I hope they stand pat and just ride this season out. Decosta had put together nice amount of picks so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I hope his statement backfires in his face and there are no moves.
    Really?

Do you watch the games? Unless you are content to flush the season down the drain, they need pass rushing in the worst way. The draft is a crap shoot. I'm fine with bringing in a young talented guy that we can control for at least a couple years.

I think people who say "keep all the draft picks" are missing something. And that is that the organization not only needs to bring in a team that wins, but one that is fun to watch and will get butts in seats. DeCosta doesn't do team building in a vacuum.

Diggs, I would not go there because hell, if he is unhappy in the Vikes' system, he's hate it in the run dominated system we have.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Really?

Do you watch the games? Unless you are content to flush the season down the drain, they need pass rushing in the worst way. The draft is a crap shoot. I'm fine with bringing in a young talented guy that we can control for at least a couple years.

I think people who say "keep all the draft picks" are missing something. And that is that the organization not only needs to bring in a team that wins, but one that is fun to watch and will get butts in seats. DeCosta doesn't do team building in a vacuum.

Diggs, I would not go there because hell, if he is unhappy in the Vikes' system, he's hate it in the run dominated system we have.
    Do I watch the games? Yup I have only missed 2 games in almost twenty years. This season can possibly end up a crap shoot around another medicore 8-8 or 9-7 win team if this team continues to play the way it has the past 3 almost 4 games.
    -They barely beat a rookie QB on the road in the Cardinals game.
    -Lost to a tough KC team.
    -Looked like absolute garbage against the downward spiraling browns and lost.
    -Barely won yesterday against a 3rd string QB.

This team is not 1 player or 1 pass rusher away from being that dominant for this defense to go from what 27th to top#5 overnight. The secondary, has been getting torched, our safeties and LB seem to be constantly out of position so buring this teams 2nd-5th round draft picks via a trade this season is a mistake.

This team needs to keep drafting multiple players until these positions start to solidify.

What point would it make trading for WR Diggs who is already upset demanding a trade form not getting the ball. (Have you watched the games?) our WRS are not getting the ball on a consistent basis.
    Last edited by ravensfan7716; 10-07-2019 at 10:54 AM.

The issue with the D is that it needs multiple pieces to be better overall. They need an outside corner if Jimmy is out a while. They need an ILB still. They desparately need pass rushers.

On O if they added a guy like Diggs it's set not only now, but through 2021. They have Diggs, Brown, Boykin, Andrews, Hurst, Boyle, Ingram, Hill and Edwards all under contract.

It means you're not touching skill positions this draft and really only need to address IOL and can go literally every other pick on D (maybe you get a slot WR late, but not necessary).

So I'm actually for getting Diggs if possible because of what it does for our offseason.
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR