Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Smith

Blog Entries

Re: Jimmy Smith

Smith is a player who has no awareness on the football field during running plays or after the catch. That's why he keeps getting injured. If you have no awareness on the football field, you get injured very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    There will be teams lining up to pay him $10m. Much worse players get that at CB lately. He is drastically underrated around here. People want to act like the defense sucking has little to nothing to do with his absence are silly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Ravens defense has historically kind of ebbed and flowed based on whether Jimmy was injured or playing. I wouldn't be shocked at all if this defense regained some footing when Jimmy returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    The Ravens defense has historically kind of ebbed and flowed based on whether Jimmy was injured or playing. I wouldn't be shocked at all if this defense regained some footing when Jimmy returns.
    I would be highly surprised if it did not..:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    The Jets will give him 11 million.
    Well for Jimmy Smith that's a million dollars a game (if the Jets are lucky)... Bc

Blog Entries

There will be teams lining up to pay him $10m. Much worse players get that at CB lately. He is drastically underrated around here. People want to act like the defense sucking has little to nothing to do with his absence are silly...
    I don't think the posters here underrate JS, they're just frustrated that he can't seem to play a full year. Of course the defense suffers when he's gone, but it can't get better unless he's on the field and that has been his major problem... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't think the posters here underrate JS, they're just frustrated that he can't seem to play a full year. Of course the defense suffers when he's gone, but it can't get better unless he's on the field and that has been his major problem... Bc
    Agreed, but he’s one of the best there is on field.
    Don’t get me wrong I was leading the charge prior to the season to trade him for Rodney Hudson or Nelson Algholor or John Ross... and I dont want him back in 2020... but there is no doubt he gets $10m+ the only question is if it’s 1 year or three...

7. Re: Jimmy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Well for Jimmy Smith that's a million dollars a game (if the Jets are lucky)... Bc
    Then, will we hear you singing your version of Jimmy and the Jets? That'd be something, right there.

Somebody finally asked Harbaugh today to give an update on Jimmy Smith's progress. His response sounds like the Ravens have no idea when/if he will be back. He said he has his fingers crossed that Smith might return soon.

That tells me we'll be lucky to see him on the field in a month.

Yea he didn’t practice again today

Blog Entries

Averett has shown “enough to stick around” to me. He needs to get his head around earlier. But he is fast, has closing speed and can play man or zone. He’s not huge or physical but they can’t all be.

That’s what I remember. A month, but probably 6 weeks, which to me means 8 weeks to full speed. . Time to worry if he’s not playing coming out of the bye. But strangely enough, if we get a half season plus playoffs of fill speed his injury may be a blessing in disguise based on timing.

Averett has been terrible, there’s a reason he was scratched. He shouldn’t be looked at as anything more than a 5th or 6th corner at this point.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't think they are going to be counting on Averett for anything moving forward. I don't think he's going to get cut or anything (Chykie Brown was worse and still hung around for what seemed like forever) but I doubt he plays more unless the worst happens. It's unfortunate because he did seem to be in the right position, but his awareness or ability to turn his head and look for the ball just isn't there, so he's pretty much useless. Maybe he can develop more the rest of this year and the offseason and contribute next year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

12. Re: Jimmy Smith

Everyone here knew Jimmy would be out a lot longer than what was initially reported. Jimmy was on the decline but he could still play and we need him bad. So far Averett has been a huge disappointment. This was a guy people were talking up during TC and PS saying he'd be a starter for most NFL teams other than the Ravens smh. Good thing Canady is playing pretty well right now.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all