Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 64

Thread: Jimmy Smith

  1. #13

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    I always assumed it would be 7+ weeks. Just going off it looked, he's lucky it wasn't an ACL...so I'm assuming it's a major MCL tear/sprain and that can be upwards of 8 weeks and possibly more.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,644
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    the Ravens are 1 of only 3 teams allowing over 300 ypg passing.

    I hope Jimmy comes back soon.
    -JAB





  3. Re: Jimmy Smith

    I would resign Jimmy to a deal with 4 million base salary +400k/game active gameday roster bonus per game. Fair for everyone.





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ravenland, USA
    Posts
    440

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    I think we need to let him walk. His skills are diminishing and we're lucky to get half a season out of him.





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    3,647

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    I think we won’t see Jimmy until the Seahawks game at the earliest. I think the Ravens are going to let him walk after this season, but I also think some team is going to pay him $10 million/year in his new contract.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  6. #18

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Jimmy who? The name seems familiar.
    That guy who's knees bend different directions.

    Just joking





  7. #19

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    terrible luck with injuries throughout his career





  8. #20

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I always assumed it would be 7+ weeks. Just going off it looked, he's lucky it wasn't an ACL...so I'm assuming it's a major MCL tear/sprain and that can be upwards of 8 weeks and possibly more.
    grade 2





  9. #21

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the Ravens are 1 of only 3 teams allowing over 300 ypg passing.

    I hope Jimmy comes back soon.
    It's not that we are missing Jimmy. It's that we are missing Jimmy and Tavon, which is causing Carr to play out of position on the majority of his plays and also not allowing us to play as much man coverage on the outside as we normally would be doing. Considering how much we blitz, this isn't helping the matter. If you remember last season when Jimmy was suspended and Tavon was healthy, our defense was fine.

    Of course we also had CJ, Suggs, ZDS and Weddle.





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    25,737
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think we won’t see Jimmy until the Seahawks game at the earliest. I think the Ravens are going to let him walk after this season, but I also think some team is going to pay him $10 million/year in his new contract.
    This is his 9th year in the NFL, but has only played 16 games twice (2013 and 2015). He will also be 32 next July. I'm not sure any team is dumb enough to pay him $10 million a year as you posted... Bc





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    5,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is his 9th year in the NFL, but has only played 16 games twice (2013 and 2015). He will also be 32 next July. I'm not sure any team is dumb enough to pay him $10 million a year as you posted... Bc
    The Jets will give him 11 million.





  12. #24

    Re: Jimmy Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is his 9th year in the NFL, but has only played 16 games twice (2013 and 2015). He will also be 32 next July. I'm not sure any team is dumb enough to pay him $10 million a year as you posted... Bc
    There will be teams lining up to pay him $10m. Much worse players get that at CB lately. He is drastically underrated around here. People want to act like the defense sucking has little to nothing to do with his absence are silly...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site