Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Smith

Re: Jimmy Smith

I always assumed it would be 7+ weeks. Just going off it looked, he's lucky it wasn't an ACL...so I'm assuming it's a major MCL tear/sprain and that can be upwards of 8 weeks and possibly more.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

the Ravens are 1 of only 3 teams allowing over 300 ypg passing.

I hope Jimmy comes back soon.
    -JAB

3. Re: Jimmy Smith

I would resign Jimmy to a deal with 4 million base salary +400k/game active gameday roster bonus per game. Fair for everyone.

I think we need to let him walk. His skills are diminishing and we're lucky to get half a season out of him.

Blog Entries

I think we won’t see Jimmy until the Seahawks game at the earliest. I think the Ravens are going to let him walk after this season, but I also think some team is going to pay him $10 million/year in his new contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Jimmy who? The name seems familiar.
    That guy who's knees bend different directions.

Just joking

terrible luck with injuries throughout his career

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I always assumed it would be 7+ weeks. Just going off it looked, he's lucky it wasn't an ACL...so I'm assuming it's a major MCL tear/sprain and that can be upwards of 8 weeks and possibly more.
    grade 2

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the Ravens are 1 of only 3 teams allowing over 300 ypg passing.

I hope Jimmy comes back soon.
    It's not that we are missing Jimmy. It's that we are missing Jimmy and Tavon, which is causing Carr to play out of position on the majority of his plays and also not allowing us to play as much man coverage on the outside as we normally would be doing. Considering how much we blitz, this isn't helping the matter. If you remember last season when Jimmy was suspended and Tavon was healthy, our defense was fine.

Of course we also had CJ, Suggs, ZDS and Weddle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think we won’t see Jimmy until the Seahawks game at the earliest. I think the Ravens are going to let him walk after this season, but I also think some team is going to pay him $10 million/year in his new contract.
    This is his 9th year in the NFL, but has only played 16 games twice (2013 and 2015). He will also be 32 next July. I'm not sure any team is dumb enough to pay him $10 million a year as you posted... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is his 9th year in the NFL, but has only played 16 games twice (2013 and 2015). He will also be 32 next July. I'm not sure any team is dumb enough to pay him $10 million a year as you posted... Bc
    The Jets will give him 11 million.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There will be teams lining up to pay him $10m. Much worse players get that at CB lately. He is drastically underrated around here. People want to act like the defense sucking has little to nothing to do with his absence are silly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk