Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Smith

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jimmy Smith

So, we're going into our 5th game and Smith has played a part of one game so far. I've yet to hear any updates or heard or seen any reporter ask Harbaugh about his recovery. Anyone heard anything at all? I have the feeling he won't be playing much this year. What's new, right? lol

Re: Jimmy Smith

I'm thinking after the bye...but its gonna take him awhile to get up to speed....the way the rest of the defense is playing probably wont be long

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Re: Jimmy Smith

Jimmy who? The name seems familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Jimmy who? The name seems familiar.
    That guy who's knees bend different directions.

Just joking

terrible luck with injuries throughout his career

Same story, different season.

After the bye...

I’m wondering if the ravens see Anthony averett going the way of Tim Williams. When he got his playing Tom he neither played physical nor a good cover.

Blog Entries

This is the last year of Jimmy's contract. He's not coming back next year

They said a couple weeks three weeks ago. Probably another Todd Heap type of diagnosis.

11. Re: Jimmy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I’m wondering if the ravens see Anthony averett going the way of Tim Williams. When he got his playing Tom he neither played physical nor a good cover.
    I don't think they're going to cut Averett in the 2nd year of his deal. I'd venture a guess that there was something beyond bad play going on behind the scenes (based on the very thin evidence provided by Williams' Twitter).

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    They said a couple weeks three weeks ago. Probably another Todd Heap type of diagnosis.
    Did they? My memory says that at the time of injury that 4-5 weeks was considered the best case scenario.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I don't think they're going to cut Averett in the 2nd year of his deal. I'd venture a guess that there was something beyond bad play going on behind the scenes (based on the very thin evidence provided by Williams' Twitter).

Did they? My memory says that at the time of injury that 4-5 weeks was considered the best case scenario.
    Averett has shown “enough to stick around” to me. He needs to get his head around earlier. But he is fast, has closing speed and can play man or zone. He’s not huge or physical but they can’t all be.

That’s what I remember. A month, but probably 6 weeks, which to me means 8 weeks to full speed. . Time to worry if he’s not playing coming out of the bye. But strangely enough, if we get a half season plus playoffs of fill speed his injury may be a blessing in disguise based on timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk