Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,341
    Blog Entries
    4

    AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    This is the guy I would be very intrigued with in round-1 next year.

    He's 6'5" 277lbs. He's got a nice punch and rip move. He's not a statue, but he's not a freak athlete like Myles Garrett. I like his long arms and closing ability - he'll hit a dude. I think he'd be a really nice 5-tech DE that could kick out and set the edge and provide pass-rush. He had 10.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss in 2018.

    Pro Comp: Cam Jordan, Derek Wolfe, Aaron Kampman.

    There are a lot of homers that want to compare him to JJ Watt or Joey Bosa. I would say those two guys are more athletic than Epenesa, but I get why they make those comps. He's built similarly to them.

    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  2. #2

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is the guy I would be very intrigued with in round-1 next year.

    He's 6'5" 277lbs. He's got a nice punch and rip move. He's not a statue, but he's not a freak athlete like Myles Garrett. I like his long arms and closing ability - he'll hit a dude. I think he'd be a really nice 5-tech DE that could kick out and set the edge and provide pass-rush. He had 10.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss in 2018.

    Pro Comp: Cam Jordan, Derek Wolfe, Aaron Kampman.

    There are a lot of homers that want to compare him to JJ Watt or Joey Bosa. I would say those two guys are more athletic than Epenesa, but I get why they make those comps. He's built similarly to them.

    Epenesa is a beast for sure. Hes one of my favorite first round prospects. Like you said, hes not enough of a freak athlete to really be a 15-20 sack type but I think he can consistently live in the low-mid double digit range while providing great run defense and physicality. And he should be fairly versatile.





  3. #3

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Would be an A+ pick. Then go get Troy Dye in the 2nd round





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,095
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Will he be available at 32 though?


    ha! Seriously, sounds like a really good prospect.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,341
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Will he be available at 32 though?


    ha! Seriously, sounds like a really good prospect.
    I would love to be proven wrong on this, but the Ravens aren't winning the SB this year.

    Unless you're referring to the possibility of us trading down to 32 or trading up to 32. ;)


    No, I think Epenessa is a Top-20 pick all day. Probably Top-15.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  6. #6

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would love to be proven wrong on this, but the Ravens aren't winning the SB this year.

    Unless you're referring to the possibility of us trading down to 32 or trading up to 32. ;)


    No, I think Epenessa is a Top-20 pick all day. Probably Top-15.
    Are you dense?





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,341
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Are you dense?
    Not sure where you're going with this...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  8. #8

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Are you dense?
    What





  9. #9

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    What
    Dude was clearly joking saying will he be available at 32. Anyway, back on track. If we could add the following in the draft I would be happy:

    Isaiah Simmons
    Kenneth Murray
    Lavert Hill
    Khaleke Hudson
    Jabari Zuniga
    Interior OL

    Draft sites seem to have Zuniga, Hudson and hill all over the place as well as Shane Lemeuix who I would love at OG





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,341
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Are you dense?
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Dude was clearly joking saying will he be available at 32. Anyway, back on track. If we could add the following in the draft I would be happy:

    Isaiah Simmons
    Kenneth Murray
    Lavert Hill
    Khaleke Hudson
    Jabari Zuniga
    Interior OL

    Draft sites seem to have Zuniga, Hudson and hill all over the place as well as Shane Lemeuix who I would love at OG
    I was quite aware that he was joking....which is why I was joking about trading back or trading up to 32.

    But thanks for jumping to conclusions anyway.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  11. #11

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    I like the guy a lot. Really really good prospect. I'd be very happy to get him. I'm not sure he'd be able to come in and be a high impact piece on defense from game 1.

    Definitely want to address the need in Free Agency, and don't want to be locked into any one guy or position. Also we don't know where we're going to be drafting as of yet. But I wouldn't be upset with the pick if things play out correctly.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."





  12. #12

    Re: AJ Epenesa - DE, Iowa

    Only hope I have for Epenesa falling out of the top 15 is that he could have an underwhelming combine and teams could put too much weight on that.

    I give us even odds of picking in the top 15 anyway though, and hed be near the top of my list for sure.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site