Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gibbs resigns

Gibbs resigns

Now don't think for a second I want Gibbs here in BMore but this new opening might take some potential coaches away from the Ravens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3186165

Re: Gibbs resigns

Yeah, I saw that. I wonder if Danny Boy will throw enough money at Cowher to bring him out of retirement.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I wonder if Marty Schottenheimer is interested.

Thumbs down Re: Gibbs resigns

Snyder and Bisciotti in a bidding war for Cowher?:grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I'm thinking they'll promote Al Saunders or Gregg Williams...They could throw their hat into the HC search but honestly, with Dan Snyder as your owner, how could we be a worse pick than them, other than Snyder might be willing to throw money at the situation.

If Marty goes there, I will die laughing.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Maybe we can get Joe Gibbs!?
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Maybe we can get Joe Gibbs!?
    hahaha, you are SOOOO funnny! No! I would never in a million years take Gibbs. Sure, it'd land a blow with the Redskins fans, but I think his legacy in his second stint was overhyped. He had a losing record, and both seasons where he made the playoffs, he had to make his team win out 4-5 games at the end to limp in. Given the coaching staff they had (Al Saunders was "Asst Head Coach - Offense" and Gregg Williams was "Asst Head Coach - Defense", in addition to having a separate Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator), I think Gibbs was out there to just kind've motivate players and make decisions about time clock management and things like that. I think Al and Gregg were the ones really controlling the team from the offensive and defensive standpoints.

He is still going to be a "Special Assistant" to Dan Snyder, whatever that means.

I think the Ravens need to step up their interview process and get one of the good candidates, before it is too late. Other teams may be contemplating firing their coaches; you never know.

Question: If you had to guess, when do you think the Ravens will announce a new coach? What is the latest possible date? I would think someone would be in place by Feb. 15th.

Blog Entries

According to the KMS sports guy, the Ravens are going to look at 8-10 candidates in the "first round", which would end with our current HC interviews. Then we'll file down a list for second interviews. I think we let the process take as long as until after the SB. We want to make the right decision, not a fast one. I'd agree with early to mid February, unless one of the current interviewees knocks our socks off right off the bat.

Also, I would guess Gibbs is basically a consultant to help find a new HC and make personell decisions. David Modell remained on as a consultant after Biscotti took ownership of the team, think of it in a similar fashion, except the job duties are focused more towards coaching/player management than team ownership and administration.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. I wonder if Danny Boy will throw enough money at Cowher to bring him out of retirement.
    I hope he does... then I can keep hating him... almost as much as when he was in inbred! And I won't have to find a new team to root for, and won't lose one to excoriate!

JUST SAY NO TO SPITTLE!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    He is still going to be a "Special Assistant" to Dan Snyder, whatever that means.

THat's the official title for his retirement plan. Because realistically, the guy can't stay away, but it's time too. That keeps him from needing too much control, while providing Danny Boy with a sounding board, buddy to remenice abotu old times....

Unfortunately, we no longer have the clear top job opening.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Unfortunately, we no longer have the clear top job opening.
    I totally disagree.

Record aside, we have the better talent of the two teams. I used to think we had QB headaches until you take a look at Jason "Mr. INT" Campbell and the fossell back up whos name escapes me right now. Portis is on the down swing of his career and I would not be surprised if he hangs it up soon. Our defense is far superior and I would rather have our DB's over the Skins every day of the week. Skins have us on O Line (slightly) and receivers.

Bisciotti has as deep pockets as Snyder, minus the micro-managing Snyder is famous for.