Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Our Run Defense was disgusting...(coach’s tape)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't know man. I remember a couple years ago when Jesse James, who is objectively average in about every way, skulldragged him all over the field. And that's just one example, of many.
    I'm not debating that he wasn't good and got beat a good bit.

But I 100% believe these guys are worse, they can't play zone because they have no idea when to handoff or take on and get shitty drops literally every time, and they get ridiculously confused anytime there's misdirection in man. How many times did the linebackers not only blow the middle of the field, but they got embarassed by KC backs in the flat. And they have zero awareness on how to defend a screen.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I feel sorry for Wink, this ain't making chicken salad with chicken shit, this a shit pie all the around..just look how dumb these guys collectively watching that video..I mean these guys have no idea what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I feel sorry for Wink, this ain't making chicken salad with chicken shit, this a shit pie all the around..just look how dumb these guys collectively watching that video..I mean these guys have no idea what they are doing.
    Yeah Wink didn’t go from having the top defense a year ago to just forgetting how to be a DC in one off season.

4:54 seconds in says all that needs to be said.....

Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

We’ll he did lose about most of his significant play makers from his #1 D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    4:54 seconds in says all that needs to be said.....

These current Ravens are so far away from that era and mentality. Ray was right. You have to have leaders on the field. With Weddle, Suggs and Mosely all gone there is no one.

I can't blame Wink. He had the #1 D last year. With Wink in charge, our D finally made the stop they needed to make to go to the playoffs. Every coach knows in order to be the top team you need players. The Ravens D doesn't have those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Didn’t think losing Mosely was that big of a deal when it happened, but it was. No he was not good in pass coverage, but if Wink has him still in the position Peanut is playing a lot of this stuff just doesn’t happen.
    Its not necessarily losing Mosley, or Suggs for that matter, its inadequately replacing them thats the issue

8. Re: Our Run Defense was disgusting...(coach’s tape)

Don't feel sorry for him, he's probably making around $800k this year to coach. He's done a shit job thus far. By week 4, 50% of being out of position is the players fault and 50% is the coaches fault. I agree that their are some dipshit brains on the defense, but that is why coordinators & coaches are paid big bucks to correct. To me, right now, Wink is as lost as his defense and I don't think he has the football IQ to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Didn’t think losing Mosely was that big of a deal when it happened, but it was. No he was not good in pass coverage, but if Wink has him still in the position Peanut is playing a lot of this stuff just doesn’t happen.
    Remember when Mosley was hurt a game and no one was prepared to handle getting anyone lined up correctly.

This is the Peter Principle with Peanut. He has been placed in a position that took him from a good player to one making game changing mistakes.

I'm really happy with the new signings as this problem is mostly football IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Don't feel sorry for him, he's probably making around $800k this year to coach. He's done a shit job thus far. By week 4, 50% of being out of position is the players fault and 50% is the coaches fault. I agree that their are some dipshit brains on the defense, but that is why coordinators & coaches are paid big bucks to correct. To me, right now, Wink is as lost as his defense and I don't think he has the football IQ to correct it.
    They remind me of a bunch of kids hyped up on sugar, just running the hell around in the yard

The DL looked like they knew what they were doing, for what that's worth. They didn't make any plays but they maintained their gaps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The DL looked like they knew what they were doing, for what that's worth. They didn't make any plays but they maintained their gaps.
    true Ricard, Pierce and company were losing the trenches big time though..There was time in the game and if you go back to game thread I had said something. It was the 3rd qrtr the browns came out on offense and all their linemen was alllll smiles getting into their stance. I knew then we lost the battle in the trenches