Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Re: Hold the Fort...L.J. that is

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Breath on an elite QB, expect to get called regardless of the circumstance or intention.
    FTFY...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Re: Hold the Fort...L.J. that is

Go low on a QB expect to get called regardless of the circumstance or intention.
    If a Seahawk had been blocking him into Wilson they would probably have let it go, but unfortunately it looked like another Raven knocked into him and sent him a little lower than he intended. The flip side is that the Ravens have just about the most valuable pair of QB legs in the league, so I can live with calling this rule tight if it helps protect LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I remember LJ Fort as the guy Lamar juked to the ground during the joint practices. Now he's balling. He's a Ravens player and I hope we keep him around for next year. Bynes too.
    The list of guys LJ has and will continue to do that to is long and distinguished. If that's the worst thing he's done, God Bless him.

Blog Entries

Go low on a QB expect to get called regardless of the circumstance or intention.
    Yeah...I was trying to say this in the game thread. Everyone complains about it but it is what it is. Anything low like that is getting called 9 out of 10 times, whether it's intentional or not. You can argue with whether that should or shouldn't be a penalty, but it is right now and I can't see wasting the breath arguing over how it's called. It's just like the one the Steelers got called for against Lamar. There's no intent to it but that doesn't matter. Any time you hit the QB after he's released the ball there's a reasonably high chance for a flag to come out. That's what the NFL is today and it's not going to change.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    If a Seahawk had been blocking him into Wilson they would probably have let it go, but unfortunately it looked like another Raven knocked into him and sent him a little lower than he intended. The flip side is that the Ravens have just about the most valuable pair of QB legs in the league, so I can live with calling this rule tight if it helps protect LJ.
    It won't though because when LJ scrambles his legs are fair game including his ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah...I was trying to say this in the game thread. Everyone complains about it but it is what it is. Anything low like that is getting called 9 out of 10 times, whether it's intentional or not. You can argue with whether that should or shouldn't be a penalty, but it is right now and I can't see wasting the breath arguing over how it's called. It's just like the one the Steelers got called for against Lamar. There's no intent to it but that doesn't matter. Any time you hit the QB after he's released the ball there's a reasonably high chance for a flag to come out. That's what the NFL is today and it's not going to change.
    Which is why I said it shouldn't be a penalty. QB's are football players too if every other player including LJ when he scrambles can be tackled by his ankles so can statues like Tom Brady, Joe Flacco and guys who the rule wasn't meant for like Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You folks are mixing up the penalty on Bynes, who hit low and deserved the flag, with the one on Fort, which from my angle looked like a hit just under the arm during Wilson's passing motion.

NOT a penalty.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Agreed tackling a player around their feet shouldn't be a roughing the passer call.
    Pretty sure that was Bynes. Fort hit him in the chest I thought.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk