Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Fun Madden Thread

About 10 games into the season with the Ravens.

Record - 8-2
    Losses to Kansas City and New England

AFC North Standings:
    • Baltimore, 8-2
    • Cleveland, 6-4
    • Pittsburgh, 3-7
    • Cinci, 2-8

Passing:
    • Lamar- 2,844 yards passing, 27 TD's, 8 INT's, 72% completion

Rushing:
    • Ingram - 847 yards, 6 TD's
    • Lamar - 443 yards, 7 TD's

Receiving:
    • Andrews (got hurt in week 8) - 42 rec, 582 yards, 3 TD's
    • Boykin - 27 rec, 598 yards, 6 TD's
    • Snead - 41 rec, 545 yards, 4 TD's
    • Hollywood (Hurt weeks 1-5) - 19 rec, 306 yards, 2 TD's

Tackles:
    • Peanut - 61
    • Humphrey 47

Sacks:
    • Judon - 5
    • Ricard - 5
    • Peanut - 3

INT's:
    • Humphrey - 1

Passes Defensed:
    • Thomas - 6
    • Board - 4
    • Averett - 3
    • Cyrus - 3
    • Jefferson - 3

Kicking:
    • Tucker - 11/11 FG's, Long of 60 yards, 39/39 XP's

Roster Moves - Traded Brandon Carr to the Dolphins for Davin Godchaux.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 09-25-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Fun Madden Thread

PS4?

Blog Entries

I had been playing a Ravens franchise but got bored with it after 3 years, so started a Dolphins one. Simmed the first year and had two top 10 picks, took Justin Herbert (was #1 prospect in the class I downloaded) and Jerry Jeudy (was #4 prospect). I have to look and see who else I took but I also got Grant Calcaterra at some point who is a beast (he's gone from like 70 OVR to almost 80 OVR in one year). On top of that I signed Melvin Gordon and Josh Gordon as FA. It's a pretty beastly offense now, the line isn't great but I plan to address that in the offseason, along with adding some defense.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    PS4?
    Xbox 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I had been playing a Ravens franchise but got bored with it after 3 years, so started a Dolphins one. Simmed the first year and had two top 10 picks, took Justin Herbert (was #1 prospect in the class I downloaded) and Jerry Jeudy (was #4 prospect). I have to look and see who else I took but I also got Grant Calcaterra at some point who is a beast (he's gone from like 70 OVR to almost 80 OVR in one year). On top of that I signed Melvin Gordon and Josh Gordon as FA. It's a pretty beastly offense now, the line isn't great but I plan to address that in the offseason, along with adding some defense.
    I did something similar with the Dolphins.

I drafted Tua though, instead of Herbert.

I played the 10 hour trial, but didn't buy it.

Can't believe they didn't even touch frnachise mode
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Can't believe they didn't even touch frnachise mode
    This! I still bought it but play for 30 mins here and there and end up losing interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was pumped to make a Ravens franchise and it ended up such a massive disappointment. I even took the time to adjust all the ratings to fix some inaccuracies and help out some early standouts from across the league. I also tried multiple sliders and game settings.

- The main thing that I can't stand is the stats go haywire and make no sense. For instance Mahomes is a 99 ovr in my franchise and after 8 weeks somebody like Josh Allen or Mariota will be leading the league in passing yards/TD's and Mahomes/Brady will not even be in the top 5. It just kills the immersion for me.

- The other thing I can't stand is teams don't play like themselves. When I play the Chiefs for instance the scheme just doesn't feel remotely true to life. They will run the ball 70% of the time and facing 99 overall Mahomes doesn't feel any more difficult than facing a QB rated in the 80's

Madden has barely evolved in the last 5 years, I thought by now we would have an amazing football sim but EA is a terrible company and the annualization of the game has become a cop out for them to be lazy and put out a mediocre game with no attention to detail. All their attention is in MUT where people spend money, franchise mode is completely ignored and lazily slopped together.

Blog Entries

I’ve never liked playing against the AI.
    As soon as online play became available never played the computer again.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't have paid $60 for it, but it comes with the Origin Access Premiere thing on PC, that's how I've been playing it. $100 for 12 month sub, includes a bunch of games, including almost all new EA PC releases, Battlefield series, Madden, Fifa, etc. I definitely get my money's worth out of the sub, almost just from Madden alone. Need a decent PC to take advantage though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Can't believe they didn't even touch franchise mode
    I buy it every year and play about 200 hours of it until the next one comes out.

This is year is different. At release, I was addicted (have 89 hours currently). But now, I cannot get myself to play it.

Franchise mode has hardly been touched. Trading is way too easy - I can get Quentin Nelson from the Colts for a 2nd and a couple back ups. Barkley after a year for just a 1st.

Why haven't they added a 5th year option for 1st round picks?
    Why doesn't the cap go up year to year? NHL has this.

They added a feature where if you hit certain metrics for a player (when they talked to you before the game), their development trait goes up - I had Chuck Clark have two of those in 3 weeks! Went from normal to super star!

Quote Originally Posted by KMO13 View Post
    I buy it every year and play about 200 hours of it until the next one comes out.

This is year is different. At release, I was addicted (have 89 hours currently). But now, I cannot get myself to play it.

Franchise mode has hardly been touched. Trading is way too easy - I can get Quentin Nelson from the Colts for a 2nd and a couple back ups. Barkley after a year for just a 1st.

Why haven't they added a 5th year option for 1st round picks?
    Why doesn't the cap go up year to year? NHL has this.

They added a feature where if you hit certain metrics for a player (when they talked to you before the game), their development trait goes up - I had Chuck Clark have two of those in 3 weeks! Went from normal to super star!
    I actually bought NHL 20 instaed this year. I'll get 2k20 on Black Friday, but NHL is super solid. They really tweaked the gameplay and it's a lot of fun. Franchise mode is now 2nd best behind NBA2k.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB