Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Greta Thunburg and the "climate crisis"

Isn't using her as a prop a form of child abuse? The girl has been diagnosed with several issues, ADHD, Asperger's and something called "selective mutism" which apparently gives you a tendency to worry more than others. I will give her credit though, for living her life as she preaches, unlike the leftist politicians and Hollywood hypocrites who don't.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ings-go-i-cant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This makes sense, but you also have to figure that if the totality of ice on both poles were to melt and "spill" out into the ocean, there are certainly going to be coastal impacts. Especially those areas that are below sea level. I'm not saying that the Atlantic ocean would surge up over the entire state of Maryland and everyone would be forced to move to West Virginia. However, I think it's completely plausible that Ocean City, Assateague, and other similar coastal areas could be flooded.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Since China alone produces more carbon dioxide than the following countries combined...

US
    Austria
    Belgium,
    Bulgaria,
    Croatia,
    Republic of Cyprus,
    Czech Republic,
    Denmark,
    Estonia,
    Finland,
    France,
    Germany,
    Greece,
    Hungary,
    Ireland,
    Italy,
    Latvia,
    Lithuania,
    Luxembourg,
    Malta,
    Netherlands,
    Poland,
    Portugal,
    Romania,
    Slovakia,
    Slovenia,
    Spain,
    Sweden,
    UK

...why do they get a pass? Why isn't all of the "climate rage" focused on them?

Add in...
    India,
    Indonesia,
    Pakistan,
    Bangladesh,
    Vietnam,
    Japan

...and the Asia Pacific region by itself accounts for 50% of the world's carbon emissions.

Apparently, the air pollution is so bad in China that their solar panels don't even work. The sun's energy won't work properly because of their disgusting air. That's how bad it is over there.

Why isn't China and APAC the primary focus in this crusade to protect Greta Thunberg's childhood?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Isn't using her as a prop a form of child abuse? The girl has been diagnosed with several issues, ADHD, Asperger's and something called "selective mutism" which apparently gives you a tendency to worry more than others. I will give her credit though, for living her life as she preaches, unlike the leftist politicians and Hollywood hypocrites who don't.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ings-go-i-cant
    Child abuse might be a bit over the top, I donīt think you could stop her even if you tried. What is disgusting is politicians and co:s trying to use her sudden rise to fame to try and win support with little or no intent to do anything about the issue. She calls them out though usually.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Child abuse might be a bit over the top, I donīt think you could stop her even if you tried. What is disgusting is politicians and co:s trying to use her sudden rise to fame to try and win support with little or no intent to do anything about the issue. She calls them out though usually.
    And we should listen to her why???

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    And we should listen to her why???
    Not saying we should listen to her specifically. So she says herself btw, but to science. Kudos to her for standing up and like mentioned, living exactly as she preaches to. And if it raises awareness, fine. Iīm not sure it does though. People like some here will only think sheīs a puppet, Trump has already mocked her (shocker, he is classy the POTUS) etc. But most arenīt as extreme as these examples, so perhaps some good will come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Since China alone produces more carbon dioxide than the following countries combined...

US
    Austria
    Belgium,
    Bulgaria,
    Croatia,
    Republic of Cyprus,
    Czech Republic,
    Denmark,
    Estonia,
    Finland,
    France,
    Germany,
    Greece,
    Hungary,
    Ireland,
    Italy,
    Latvia,
    Lithuania,
    Luxembourg,
    Malta,
    Netherlands,
    Poland,
    Portugal,
    Romania,
    Slovakia,
    Slovenia,
    Spain,
    Sweden,
    UK

...why do they get a pass? Why isn't all of the "climate rage" focused on them?

Add in...
    India,
    Indonesia,
    Pakistan,
    Bangladesh,
    Vietnam,
    Japan

...and the Asia Pacific region by itself accounts for 50% of the world's carbon emissions.

Apparently, the air pollution is so bad in China that their solar panels don't even work. The sun's energy won't work properly because of their disgusting air. That's how bad it is over there.

Why isn't China and APAC the primary focus in this crusade to protect Greta Thunberg's childhood?
    Very simple. Because we in the west are responsible for the vast majority of emissions so far. And per person we are still way worse than China. US the worst by far. Thatīs why the west (minus you americans now of course) pays the most to change. But donīt thnik thereīs no pressure on China, there is, all the time. And "thankfully", since they have such immideate problems with smog etc, they are doing more than you think. Should do even more of course, but so should the US. Trump is like an angry baby opening up for coal mining again as if only to spite, there no real value or future in that anyway.

Not saying we should listen to her specifically. So she says herself btw, but to science. Kudos to her for standing up and like mentioned, living exactly as she preaches to. And if it raises awareness, fine. Iīm not sure it does though. People like some here will only think sheīs a puppet, Trump has already mocked her (shocker, he is classy the POTUS) etc. But most arenīt as extreme as these examples, so perhaps some good will come out of it.
    But presumably she’s speaking out so people will listen to her. Yet I don’t see her great credentials.
    Oh and since she decided to enter the fray of political discourse she fair game for trump or anyone else.

do you think that scientists actually working with climate or professors of philosophy are best equipped to speak on the matter?
    You seem to think that because someone has done research on a topic...the value of their conclusions is based in their resume rather than the actual conclusion.

Harvard Biologist George Wald: “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” He said this in 1970.

Biologist Paul Ehrlich in 1970: “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” and that “The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”

Washington University biologist Barry Commoner: “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation"

Al Gore predicted that we had ten years left before the planet turned into a “total frying pan.”

Al Gore predicted that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap would be completely melted within 5-7 years. He at least hedged that prediction by giving himself “75%” certainty.

Ecologist Kenneth Watt: “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but 11 degrees colder by the year 2000, This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age.”

Watt also said: “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.”

National Aeronautics and Space Administration Goddard Space Flight Center head James Wassen warned that Obama only had four years left to save the earth...in 2009.

ALL of these people studied climate science.

ALL of these people were wrong.

There are countless others. I could go on.

Tell me...

WHO's been right? One example of a prediction model that correctly predicted a calamity related to "climate change?" Anything?

It's LOGICAL to be skeptical of the entire thing. It's LOGICAL to believe this entire issue is more about political control/money/power than ANYTHING else.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But presumably she’s speaking out so people will listen to her. Yet I don’t see her great credentials.
    Oh and since she decided to enter the fray of political discourse she fair game for trump or anyone else.
    But what she says is exactly that; that she isnīt the one we should listen to, but we should listen to what scientists tell us. Why she became such a "light in the dark" (canīt think of the english word for it now). A mix of everything Iīd say. Sheīs no doubt extremely determined herself, media picks up what they think is a good story, it spreads globally and then itīs on.

Of course, not saying she isnīt. Sheīs traded jabs with Macron and others too, not least swedish politicians. But usually without mocking. Thatīs not the POTUS style though is it. Easy to get caught up in though, look at us here for example. Itīs so tempting when people act licke d***s and just lay it out there for you to be a dick back. I was told by someone who doesnīt engage with you guys here (not you specifically blah3, I donīt think youre guilty of that) thatīs whatīs gonna happen in this section since that is the general tone set here.

Blog Entries

Very simple. Because we in the west are responsible for the vast majority of emissions so far. And per person we are still way worse than China. US the worst by far. Thatīs why the west (minus you americans now of course) pays the most to change. But donīt thnik thereīs no pressure on China, there is, all the time. And "thankfully", since they have such immideate problems with smog etc, they are doing more than you think. Should do even more of course, but so should the US. Trump is like an angry baby opening up for coal mining again as if only to spite, there no real value or future in that anyway.
    “We in the west”?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I just realized this poor little girl is from Sweden. By our resident far left loon, I see this indoctrination runs rampant over there.
    not to mention this poor little girl in on the spectrum with a couple of disabilities. The left is taking advantage of a disabled girls brainwashed dreams

They have stooped pretty low this time. But it isn't the first time. The left will parade out children as victims, if they can make money.