Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Greta Thunburg and the "climate crisis"

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Greta would probably drop the mitts with you and light you up.
    I saw this thread title, and got totally confused about how Greta Gerwig got pulled into a politix thread about climate change.

This thread is just wow! I mean. "Greta is like ISIS". "I would absolutley stand up to that bitch dipshit and tell her how horrible she is! I friggin tough as nails!" "Her parents are doing it to her for money". Bla bla bla.
    Why can´t some be sensible about something, anything, just for once? Greta isn´t even remotely close to horrible wheather you agree with global warming or not. Not even in the ball park of being horrible. But she somehow makes Trump apologets, of all, go bananas. Fascinating, and somewhat scary.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It really depends. There's a right and wrong way to communicate with someone.

I think a MAJOR problem in this world is that some people respond with insults. There's a time and a place to get ot this level.

Also, if you think I have an issue saying something to someones face you really don't know me. And admittedely, I don't know you, which is why I asked the question.

My identity on here is public and anything I say on here I would say to someones face. It's always been my operating method. I have some people on here on twitter and facebook and just recently met a handful of those people in Buffalo. So to suggest there's "too many people like me" is kinda funny.
    Then represent yourself accurately, and don't single out my attitude and insults. If you are the same way as I am, then my insults shouldn't have offended you in the least. You were the one that suddenly created all of these platitudes and called me pathetic. You do not know me nor do I know you... but I'm not going to sit there and let someone call me pathetic, and not fire back.

What I saw was a spoiled little brat screaming that everyone on the planet had to do what she said or she wasn't going back to school...

You criticized me for insulting her... maybe you and I have different levels before it gets to insults but yes... when some insolent little brat is yelling that I need to make significant changes to my life and liberty or she will continue to have a publicly funded tantrum... I'll call her a little b. Thanks for your input though... and honestly, we'd probably get along... I'm a pretty likable and funny guy, but I'm not going to sit here and be called pathetic. We can agree to disagree but I didn't call you a name... I just think you got awfully judgmental of me and tried to claim some moral high ground when it was unfounded.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    This thread is just wow! I mean. "Greta is like ISIS". "I would absolutley stand up to that bitch dipshit and tell her how horrible she is! I friggin tough as nails!" "Her parents are doing it to her for money". Bla bla bla.
    Why can´t some be sensible about something, anything, just for once? Greta isn´t even remotely close to horrible wheather you agree with global warming or not. Not even in the ball park of being horrible. But she somehow makes Trump apologets, of all, go bananas. Fascinating, and somewhat scary.
    The sickening part is that this uniformed little girl has a voice that people are listening to. Her empty rhetoric and hollow threats over the imaginary spaghetti monster in the sky is baffling...

Even if I look at this from a liberal POV, you won’t believe “all the scientists” so I’m going to prop up a 16 year old high school drop out to convince you...

It’s scary that these people expect to rule the world...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The sickening part is that this uniformed little girl has a voice that people are listening to. Her empty rhetoric and hollow threats over the imaginary spaghetti monster in the sky is baffling...

Even if I look at this from a liberal POV, you won’t believe “all the scientists” so I’m going to prop up a 16 year old high school drop out to convince you...

It’s scary that these people expect to rule the world...

Yeah, sickening. She´s apparently more informed than you atleast, since she knows more about how human activity indeed affects climate, which you claiemd we couldn´t see in like eons. Which isn´t the case of course.

It´s not her fault that media has focused in on her persona, she constantly says that that frustrates her and doesn´t want the attention anyway. She declines funding. She declines prizes.

Which people expect to rule the world? Greta? Liberals? What?

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Then represent yourself accurately, and don't single out my attitude and insults. If you are the same way as I am, then my insults shouldn't have offended you in the least. You were the one that suddenly created all of these platitudes and called me pathetic. You do not know me nor do I know you... but I'm not going to sit there and let someone call me pathetic, and not fire back.

What I saw was a spoiled little brat screaming that everyone on the planet had to do what she said or she wasn't going back to school...

You criticized me for insulting her... maybe you and I have different levels before it gets to insults but yes... when some insolent little brat is yelling that I need to make significant changes to my life and liberty or she will continue to have a publicly funded tantrum... I'll call her a little b. Thanks for your input though... and honestly, we'd probably get along... I'm a pretty likable and funny guy, but I'm not going to sit here and be called pathetic. We can agree to disagree but I didn't call you a name... I just think you got awfully judgmental of me and tried to claim some moral high ground when it was unfounded.
    God, youre getting pathetic even for being you now, and that´s something.... just walk away silently from this one before you make even more a fool of yourself. Do you even read what you write? Your posts in this thread is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I have no doubt, her parents decision was motivated by money. Everything with the religious fanatics that worship man made global warming, is about power and money
    Why don´t you just check it instead of stating false things? Because it´s not the case whatsoever.

Yeah, sickening. She´s apparently more informed than you atleast, since she knows more about how human activity indeed affects climate, which you claiemd we couldn´t see in like eons. Which isn´t the case of course.

It´s not her fault that media has focused in on her persona, she constantly says that that frustrates her and doesn´t want the attention anyway. She declines funding. She declines prizes.

Which people expect to rule the world? Greta? Liberals? What?
    The globalists pushing the MMGW propaghanda including those propping up this child are those looking to rule the world. The George Soros types.

The fact that someone can claim to Know beyond any question that man is changing the climate but can’t tell me idont will rain tomorrow is laughable.

I soubt her parents are turning down funding and she doesn’t seem to be turning down speaking engagements all over the world and accepting Time Magazines person of the year seems to be a sousing the spotlight to me....

Hilariously, I think you do actually believe what you type.

The globalists pushing the MMGW propaghanda including those propping up this child are those looking to rule the world. The George Soros types.

The fact that someone can claim to Know beyond any question that man is changing the climate but can’t tell me idont will rain tomorrow is laughable.

I soubt her parents are turning down funding and she doesn’t seem to be turning down speaking engagements all over the world and accepting Time Magazines person of the year seems to be a sousing the spotlight to me....

Hilariously, I think you do actually believe what you type.

Ah, yes, of course. It´s Soros, every alt-right and nazis favourite villain, who´s behind it all. This too, along with everything else in the world it seems.

Who else? Who else is looking to rule the world? Scientists? Greta? Me, or people that do actually more or less agree with the stance that the earth is in trouble?

Not many claim "beyond any question", one rarely if ever does that in science. Which is as far from "we don´t know anything, really" as you can get though. But everything put together, theres overwhelming evidence that points to co2 and other things contributing to warming the planet, and therefore it follows that pollution of these contributes to global warming, that is getting worse. We see the effects already, even though our oceans have hidden most of it up until now.

I don´t care what you doubt, just do some bloody reseacrh and find out instead of spewing lies and insinuations. It´s very easy in this case to do so. She doesn´t accept funding, she will not attach to any group of any kind, she speaks for herself and that movement.
    Do you have to accept becoming Times person of the year? The way I understand it the just decide that behind closed doors and she wouldn´t have known before you or me.
    And yes, she has accepted invitations to speak in various places. So what?

What is hilarious that I believe exactly?

Ah, yes, of course. It´s Soros, every alt-right and nazis favourite villain, who´s behind it all. This too, along with everything else in the world it seems.

Who else? Who else is looking to rule the world? Scientists? Greta? Me, or people that do actually more or less agree with the stance that the earth is in trouble?

Not many claim "beyond any question", one rarely if ever does that in science. Which is as far from "we don´t know anything, really" as you can get though. But everything put together, theres overwhelming evidence that points to co2 and other things contributing to warming the planet, and therefore it follows that pollution of these contributes to global warming, that is getting worse. We see the effects already, even though our oceans have hidden most of it up until now.

I don´t care what you doubt, just do some bloody reseacrh and find out instead of spewing lies and insinuations. It´s very easy in this case to do so. She doesn´t accept funding, she will not attach to any group of any kind, she speaks for herself and that movement.
    Do you have to accept becoming Times person of the year? The way I understand it the just decide that behind closed doors and she wouldn´t have known before you or me.
    And yes, she has accepted invitations to speak in various places. So what?

What is hilarious that I believe exactly?
    No, one NEVER removes doubt from science and that is an extraordinarily salient point in this discussion. The left, on this matter, has spent 30 years doing more to silence opposition than prove their side.
    “Other things” being the sun, it’s non constant supply of energy and the Earth’s non constant distance from it, well yeah...
    The oceans have hidden most of it, lol my favorite excuse, because the oceans weren’t there the 40k odd climate cycles... this excuse is nothing but goalpost moving after the scientists realized they didn’t understand the massively complex system and included too many constants in their predictions that should have been variables.

But hey let’s make sweeping policy decisions that will determine the worlds economical success based on a few decades of “hopefully” accurate data. It’s not t like the globe ya ever seen it’s climate change before. I mean it’s not like there were naturally occurring ice ages and warm periods or anything...

No, one NEVER removes doubt from science and that is an extraordinarily salient point in this discussion. The left, on this matter, has spent 30 years doing more to silence opposition than prove their side.
    Blatant lie. Research that touches this subject is being done on a daily basis, and theories are sometimes disproved, or strengthend etc. Every single day there are new research thats points to global warming. Stating that tehre is nothing but a wish to silence opposition is astonishingly ignorant.

“Other things” being the sun, it’s non constant supply of energy and the Earth’s non constant distance from it, well yeah...
    Yes? So? You don´t think that has been looked at and discussed for decades? Well, it has. This was the focal point of deniers decades ago. But since even most (all?) that work with this knows that this is not what´s happening now, it´s not talked about much anymore. But sure, if you have some new reseacrh on this, please share.

The oceans have hidden most of it, lol my favorite excuse, because the oceans weren’t there the 40k odd climate cycles... this excuse is nothing but goalpost moving after the scientists realized they didn’t understand the massively complex system and included too many constants in their predictions that should have been variables.
    ??? Do you even know what you don´t know..? I doubt that.. Moving goalposts? Excuse????
    You don´t think we can measure how much co2 has been taken up by our oceans? Well, surprise, we can! You don´t think we can measure it´s temperature? How the co2 and the warming of the oceans affect life? Surprise again, we can! This was always part of the debate, and is not moving goalpoasts or excuses. That statement is so stupid I´m stunned tbh. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

But hey let’s make sweeping policy decisions that will determine the worlds economical success based on a few decades of “hopefully” accurate data. It’s not t like the globe ya ever seen it’s climate change before. I mean it’s not like there were naturally occurring ice ages and warm periods or anything...

Well, yeah, good for you. Move to Fiji and tell them that.

Blatant lie. Research that touches this subject is being done on a daily basis, and theories are sometimes disproved, or strengthend etc. Every single day there are new research thats points to global warming. Stating that tehre is nothing but a wish to silence opposition is astonishingly ignorant.

Yes? So? You don´t think that has been looked at and discussed for decades? Well, it has. This was the focal point of deniers decades ago. But since even most (all?) that work with this knows that this is not what´s happening now, it´s not talked about much anymore. But sure, if you have some new reseacrh on this, please share.

??? Do you even know what you don´t know..? I doubt that.. Moving goalposts? Excuse????
    You don´t think we can measure how much co2 has been taken up by our oceans? Well, surprise, we can! You don´t think we can measure it´s temperature? How the co2 and the warming of the oceans affect life? Surprise again, we can! This was always part of the debate, and is not moving goalpoasts or excuses. That statement is so stupid I´m stunned tbh. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Well, yeah, good for you. Move to Fiji and tell them that.
    The Oceans argument is a huge one you brush off as always. The ocean simply proves my point, that the system is simply far more complex than man has any right understanding to the level they claim at this moment.
    All of the first decade plus of projections and models were proven flat out wrong.., Because they “forgot” about what the oceans would absorb. What’s they next variable they forgot and left as a constant? What’s the next relationship they didn’t understand and have backwards?
    The hubris of man. Might we be affecting the climate? Maybe. Should we be attempting to be reducing pollutants, of course. But do we need to politicize and monetize on a massively global scale to what can be most accurately termed an “Extremely Educated Guess”.