Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Greta Thunburg and the "climate crisis"

Who knew; Mickey Mouse is a "World Scientist" and a big believer in climate change?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rgency-declar/

Hey guys... apparently we were all wrong about this girl... she is Time's Person of the Year.

A spoiled little b!tch who is currently throwing a tantrum and refuses to go to school until, literally everyone on the planet, changes the climate for her. She sailed in her Daddy's overpriced boat with a full crew and fancy food (otherwise known as a dream vacation) to prove climate change or some nonsense... it never made sense. She plagiarized a speech to the UN. She refused to meet Donald Trump because, "What's the point?"... even though Kim Kardashian met with him and he pushed prison reform which had been a democrat issue for years.

Meanwhile, in actual climate change news: https://www.city-journal.org/global-warming
    This lady is standing up to this nonsense within her own professional community. She has written over 140 books on climate science, she is one of the most annotated scientists in the Journal of Science for her work on Climate and our understanding. This lady is pretty much the peak of understanding climate... and she walked away because she said that the field is just political now and is not based on the science. That any questioning of what is being politicized ends up in you getting your funding yanked. I believe it is a couple people in here that continue to post from that blog site Skeptical Science, that tries to discredit her, which is laughable since all of the studies they used to discredit her were studies founded on her past work and altered to fit a narrative, which is EXACTLY her point.

Meanwhile in ACTUAL people standing up to injustice: Hong Kong protesters, fighting against a hostile communist takeover and trying to stay free, are not even mentioned in the Time's article.

This choice ranks up with Time's past choices like Hitler and Stalin
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Leave it to Ditkas to throw a childish tantrum about someone throwing a tantrum... This one is so stupid and false though, so I just canīt let it pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Hey guys... apparently we were all wrong about this girl... she is Time's Person of the Year.

A spoiled little b!tch who is currently throwing a tantrum and refuses to go to school until, literally everyone on the planet, changes the climate for her.
    Classy start btw. And of course sheīs not really throwing a tantrum (you are though), she has just become the focal point for a very real environmental issue. Not her fault.
    Besides, she will go back to school next year anyway, and has not said any of the words you indicate she has.

She sailed in her Daddy's overpriced boat with a full crew and fancy food (otherwise known as a dream vacation) to prove climate change or some nonsense... it never made sense.
    "Daddys boat"??? I already explained to you before how she ended up going on that boat, that has absolutley nothing to with her dad whatsoever. But ok, one more time; that boat was gonna cross the atlantic anyhow, and when Greta reached out, that crew contacted her and offered her a spot. Itīs an ocean race boat btw, which is as far from a dream vacation as you can have when crossing the atlantic. I have not seen the menu however, but since you have, what was it?
    No, it wouldnīt make sense to someone as uninformed as you, would it? I already explained that too, but here it goes again;
    Greta started that strike last year, got some media attention first over here, then it spread into a movement, where she became the rather unwilling face. The reason for the trip was that she was invited to the UN, and some other places, and then to go to the climate summit that was supposed to be in Chile (then moved to Madrid). Clear enough now?

She plagiarized a speech to the UN.
    No, she didnīt. I know far right and russian media have spread this, together with a speech at the UN from 1992 on roughly the same subject. But itīs not a plagiarization of that speech, itīs just on the same subject.

She refused to meet Donald Trump because, "What's the point?"... even though Kim Kardashian met with him and he pushed prison reform which had been a democrat issue for years.
    Not that he ever invited her in the first place, but thatīs unimportant I suppose? What she said when asked IF she were to go IF she was invited was this: “I don’t understand why I would. I don’t see what I could tell him that he hasn’t already heard, and I just think it would be a waste of time, really.” Which Iīd say is fair take, and not unpolite whatsoever. Unlike Agent Oranges twitter attacks on her, which is apalling, but no one cares any longer, because he does it to everyone all the time. But just imagine this old, powerful man, currently the POTUS, basically bullying a 16 year old online, mockingly about her disability. Itīs beyond words really. For anyone but you oc Ditkas, youīre no better than Trump and probably sit tehre looking like Grinchen every time you see him attack 16 year old girls online. Then you go and do it here yourself. Classy.

Meanwhile, in actual climate change news: https://www.city-journal.org/global-warming
    This lady is standing up to this nonsense within her own professional community. She has written over 140 books on climate science, she is one of the most annotated scientists in the Journal of Science for her work on Climate and our understanding. This lady is pretty much the peak of understanding climate... and she walked away because she said that the field is just political now and is not based on the science. That any questioning of what is being politicized ends up in you getting your funding yanked. I believe it is a couple people in here that continue to post from that blog site Skeptical Science, that tries to discredit her, which is laughable since all of the studies they used to discredit her were studies founded on her past work and altered to fit a narrative, which is EXACTLY her point.
    Yes, she is the only prominent actual climate scientist, isnīt she...?
    What she is being questioned for are her false statements and accusations, not that she questions the science itself. Thatīs what scientists do.

Meanwhile in ACTUAL people standing up to injustice: Hong Kong protesters, fighting against a hostile communist takeover and trying to stay free, are not even mentioned in the Time's article.

This choice ranks up with Time's past choices like Hitler and Stalin
    Why should Hong Kong be mentioned in an article about Greta? Or vice versa? Is it possible to actually care about both things without getting so whiny about whoīs on Timeīs front page? God, youīre worse than Trump himself. Do what he did then, make fake Time posters of someone from Hong Kong and chill.

And yes, lets finish off this balanced take with comparing a 16 year old idealist with Hitler and Stalin!

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Leave it to Ditkas to throw a childish tantrum about someone throwing a tantrum... This one is so stupid and false though, so I just canīt let it pass.

Classy start btw. And of course sheīs not really throwing a tantrum (you are though), she has just become the focal point for a very real environmental issue. Not her fault.
    Besides, she will go back to school next year anyway, and has not said any of the words you indicate she has.

"Daddys boat"??? I already explained to you before how she ended up going on that boat, that has absolutley nothing to with her dad whatsoever. But ok, one more time; that boat was gonna cross the atlantic anyhow, and when Greta reached out, that crew contacted her and offered her a spot. Itīs an ocean race boat btw, which is as far from a dream vacation as you can have when crossing the atlantic. I have not seen the menu however, but since you have, what was it?
    No, it wouldnīt make sense to someone as uninformed as you, would it? I already explained that too, but here it goes again;
    Greta started that strike last year, got some media attention first over here, then it spread into a movement, where she became the rather unwilling face. The reason for the trip was that she was invited to the UN, and some other places, and then to go to the climate summit that was supposed to be in Chile (then moved to Madrid). Clear enough now?

No, she didnīt. I know far right and russian media have spread this, together with a speech at the UN from 1992 on roughly the same subject. But itīs not a plagiarization of that speech, itīs just on the same subject.

Not that he ever invited her in the first place, but thatīs unimportant I suppose? What she said when asked IF she were to go IF she was invited was this: “I don’t understand why I would. I don’t see what I could tell him that he hasn’t already heard, and I just think it would be a waste of time, really.” Which Iīd say is fair take, and not unpolite whatsoever. Unlike Agent Oranges twitter attacks on her, which is apalling, but no one cares any longer, because he does it to everyone all the time. But just imagine this old, powerful man, currently the POTUS, basically bullying a 16 year old online, mockingly about her disability. Itīs beyond words really. For anyone but you oc Ditkas, youīre no better than Trump and probably sit tehre looking like Grinchen every time you see him attack 16 year old girls online. Then you go and do it here yourself. Classy.

What she is being questioned for are her false statements and accusations, not that she questions the science itself. Thatīs what scientists do.

Why should Hong Kong be mentioned in an article about Greta? Or vice versa? Is it possible to actually care about both things without getting so whiny about whoīs on Timeīs front page? God, youīre worse than Trump himself. Do what he did then, make fake Time posters of someone from Hong Kong and chill.

And yes, lets finish off this balanced take with comparing a 16 year old idealist with Hitler and Stalin!
    To sum this up

The left wants power and control.
    They are trying to use guilt to get that power
    When the global warming scam blew up in their faces, they hired a teenage girl to be the face of the scam. This way, if you point out the idiocy of this scam, you will be accused of attacking a little girl

And at the end of the day, the left is still trying to get power with a scam

I get it with Hitler, Stalin (and Komani), as they had a great deal of influence, albeit not positive in world events. Greta, on the other hand, as person of the year is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I get it with Hitler, Stalin (and Komani), as they had a great deal of influence, albeit not positive in world events. Greta, on the other hand, as person of the year is an absolute joke.
    They would be better if they propped up the kid that actually presented a solution to an actual problem... with the ocean plastic pollution eater. But instead they prop up this child with nothing but rhetoric complaining about a problem no one really understands at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    To sum this up

The left wants power and control.
    They are trying to use guilt to get that power
    When the global warming scam blew up in their faces, they hired a teenage girl to be the face of the scam. This way, if you point out the idiocy of this scam, you will be accused of attacking a little girl

And at the end of the day, the left is still trying to get power with a scam
    Right... Canīt be easy when even the bloody climate has joined the dark side (left) can it? You see, for this to be a scam, we wouldnīt see higher temperatures, rising sea levels, melting glaciers and ice caps, increasing co2 levels in the oceans etc. But we do.
    Also, Greta Thunberg isnīt hired by anyone and has made it very clear she wonīt ever be bought in any way or form.
    So, to sum this up, you made zero sense on anything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They would be better if they propped up the kid that actually presented a solution to an actual problem... with the ocean plastic pollution eater. But instead they prop up this child with nothing but rhetoric complaining about a problem no one really understands at all...

Speak for yourself. There are many that understands this problem to various degrees.

Speak for yourself. There are many that understands this problem to various degrees.
    Well hey, I’m a half million years or so we should have the data to be able to accurately describe whether Man effected the climate or not.

With global climate operating on a natural ~120k year sinusoidal cycle, certainly within a few cycles we will have a good idea how much change occurred. Before then? Not really...

She should have gotten Person of the Year just for triggering the angry old white guys of this country!

Since the constitution is in the shitter these days, let's run this young lady for president! She certainly will be better than that old orange whiney ass in the white house now.

What brilliance!

I do not understand one bit the hate this girl draws from the right.

They empower her even more with ever insult.

If she was holding an AR and extolling the virtues of gun ownership (which would be amazing IMO), I doubt very seriously the right would throw up a fuss about an exploited child.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    She should have gotten Person of the Year just for triggering the angry old white guys of this country!

Since the constitution is in the shitter these days, let's run this young lady for president! She certainly will be better than that old orange whiney ass in the white house now.

What brilliance!
    So you think it’s only old white guys that think Time magazine looks ridiculous for naming her person of the year?

Agreed about the Constitution being in the shitter. I guess that’s what happens when the left gains control of a part of Congress.