Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Jones

Re: Daniel Jones

He looks better than I thought. I didn’t see you apologizing and saying you were wrong after Lamar’s first game though. And id still take Lamar over this kid even if he hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If you watched this game, Tampa pulled defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again. Arians even intentionally took a delay of game before the game winning field go - which sailed wide barely. would have been in without the penalty
    Haha you sound like a Bucs fanboy in this thread

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one ever said that Jones wouldn't be good. The issue was that the Ravens were going to dump Lamar after year 1 and then spend another 1st round pick on a QB. That would still get you fired
    Plenty people said he was bad

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He looks better than I thought. I didn’t see you apologizing and saying you were wrong after Lamar’s first game though. And id still take Lamar over this kid even if he hits.
    I apologize and I was wrong

Blog Entries

Six INTs in 5 quarters since Tampa game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I thought he looked good yesterday. Much better than his stat line. Made a few mistakes, as is natural with a young QB facing an elite defense on the road. But his ball placement was really impressive.

DBs were draped over his receivers on damn near every play. There were very few easy completions all night, most of his balls had to be perfect or they weren’t going to be caught. Hell he had a number of perfect balls that *still* weren’t caught.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Knee jerk reactions this year are crazy. One good week and you're the next Mahomes, one bad week and you "got exposed and suck".

Last week Lamar was an MVP candidate, this week he plays the best team in football and is an overrated RB again

Jones, Minshew, Kyle Allen this week are now Pro Bowlers, next week who ever has a bad game will be a bust and fraud.

Last week Rudolph was better than Big Ben and the future. This week he's Landry Jones 2.0

This goes for all these guys including Lamar. Until you do it for an entire season I don't care. Everybody with the knee jerk stuff needs to stop. It's an offense driven league, any QB can have short term success. You have to wait and see who can do it for the long haul.
    Back in the day rookie QB's were on the bench for 3 to 4 years learning the game unless you were a prodigy (Elway,Marino) , now a days they are thrown straight to the wolves hoping to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one ever said that Jones wouldn't be good.
    I didn't think he'd be good.

Or maybe more specifically, I was not sold on him. Had my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I didn't think he'd be good.

Or maybe more specifically, I was not sold on him. Had my doubts.
    I had him 5th behind Murray Haskins Grier and Lock. Day two type you hope can play a few years down the line.

He’s definitely impressed me though. I guess he’s used to playing with a trash supporting cast at Duke so he’s right at home in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Whether or not Jones was going to be good was never what made people so angry.

Also iirc your rationale at the time was “Mel Kiper has him as the third highest rated QB, and I want a different QB” so let’s not act like you had eaten tape on this dude and were going out on a limb lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Whether or not Jones was going to be good was never what made people so angry.

Also iirc your rationale at the time was “Mel Kiper has him as the third highest rated QB, and I want a different QB” so let’s not act like you had eaten tape on this dude and were going out on a limb lmao
    My rationale was the fact that we never pick high enough for an elite QB and I felt DJ was an elite QB while having no idea how hard LJ was working on his craft. In the real draft, he would never make it to us but if he did and LJ busts.. we would have been glad to have him.

The first round draft pick is ultimately a risk no matter what the perspective.