Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: We lost by 3 2 point conversions

math checks out

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The first two point conversion was a panic move if I ever saw one. Harbaugh was defeated before the game even started. He even took a point off the board before he did it.
    who do you dislikie more, harbs or LJ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    who do you dislikie more, harbs or LJ?
    Harbaugh by far. With Lamar, it was just a bit of jealousy that they waited until he came to start investing high picks into the offense properly. They didn’t even do this when Flacco was on his rookie deal. It took them four years to draft Torrey Smith, and we were running a Coryell based offense, with a big arm QB. If they did this earlier, they might not have needed to even move on from him. But it is what it is. The team was in a funk. I get it.

Lamar himself I like.

I didn’t want Harbaugh anywhere near Lamar.

The decisions to go for it were not entirely bad (with he exception of the one when the Ravens trailed by 11). The play choices were terrible. They have to have better plays than the ones chosen, perhaps ones involving Mark Ingram or Gus Edwards, both who were slashing that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I said when we went for the first one we’ll be chasing that point all game

Harbaugh is a good leader but more often than not a terrible in game coach.
    So you are admitting you are allergic to math? Let alone game theory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    So you are admitting you are allergic to math? Let alone game theory.
    33 - 28 = 5
    3 x 2 = 6

There was no need to go for 2 on the first TD. Take the easy one instead of a hard 2.

7. Re: We lost by 3 2 point conversions

To wrap it all up (wishful thinking, I know) going for it is one thing, being terrible at execution is quite another. You can play that stupid math crap till the cows come home. Either shit or get off the pot. How's that for analytics?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The first two point conversion was a panic move if I ever saw one. Harbaugh was defeated before the game even started. He even took a point off the board before he did it.
    This is not true. The defense had a penalty which moved the ball closer, so they chose to go for 2. Remember, they had already kicked the FG and took that off the board.

The other times they went for two, I think they had dug a little hole by missing the first one, and just wanted to stay aggressive. It's that simple folks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: We lost by 3 2 point conversions

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Disagree as going for the one point and making it makes the team play differently... when you play like the Ravens did on the first drive and score a TD and then you blow a 2 point conversion it takes something out of the team.... then to go for it again and not make it does it even more..same as going for 4th down and giving great field position to the Chiefs also takes the momentum and steam out of a team... too many mistakes like that by Harbaugh.. his team wasn’t behind him after all that but I respect them as they never gave up.... I believe if Harbaugh didn’t try and get cute we come away with a win ... unfortunately because of the game plan and especially Harbaugh stupidity we lost.... we cleaned house with players ..time to get rid of Harbaugh... this isn’t the first game we lost because of his bone headed moves.... it’s bad enough when a team loses because the players don’t get it done...but when a team loses because the coaching staff outsmarted themselves and tried to get cute that is a whole other thing... and don’t even mention designing plays for Lamar to run... why in the hell do that when you have Gus and. Ingram to do that and do that well... Lamar got banged a couple times today because of designed runs for him... let Lamar make that decision himself if a play breaks down..but for gods sake don’t make him run if he doesn’t have to... p
    That's something that gets overlooked a lot, how going for it and failing (repeatedly) affects the team momentum and spirit. Penalties can do the same thing. Everyone wants to talk about stupid analytics (they are a tool to use, not a book to coach a game by) but don't seem to understand how it can affect the game in other ways when a boneheaded decision(s) is made by a boneheaded coach trying to prove his balls are bigger than the other guys. Fuck Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    That's something that gets overlooked a lot, how going for it and failing (repeatedly) affects the team momentum and spirit. Penalties can do the same thing. Everyone wants to talk about stupid analytics (they are a tool to use, not a book to coach a game by) but don't seem to understand how it can affect the game in other ways when a boneheaded decision(s) is made by a boneheaded coach trying to prove his balls are bigger than the other guys. Fuck Harbaugh.
    Did going for it on fourth down and making 3 of 4 times have the opposite effect, or somehow it's another area where fans are much smarter than Harb?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did going for it on fourth down and making 3 of 4 times have the opposite effect, or somehow it's another area where fans are much smarter than Harb?
    I'd say not getting points have more of an affect that getting a first down, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    kick the 3 PATs and lose. so what was the right call?
    Very good point. But you could argue that if we accepted the penalty on the kick-off instead of the PAT, we could have pooched it and nailed the Chiefs back within their own 10.

From a numbers standpoint going for 2 didn't make much sense. We have the most accurate PAT kicker in the league. There isn't much of a risk of missing that 1 point. We'd have to be making 50% of our 2 pointers to really justify the risk unless it was situational.