Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass rusher....

Blog Entries

Re: Pass rusher....

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Smh shaq barrett should have been in purple...its too late now. This defense is going to get worked against better QBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barrett actually crossed my mind... I mean if TB keeps losing maybe they’d look at moving him as a rental? I dunno, probably not but god damn he would look nice here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Barrett actually crossed my mind... I mean if TB keeps losing maybe they’d look at moving him as a rental? I dunno, probably not but god damn he would look nice here right now.
    Can they throw in Mike Evans too?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Can they throw in Mike Evans too?
    Thank god the silly thought I had of trying to trade him in fantasy this week didn’t materialize.

Von Miller is struggling for his standards and is 30 now, his best football is behind him. Denver has Chubb and would definitely consider moving him but it wouldn't be cheap. They would basically ask you to over pay or not interested.

Would probably want a 1st and 3rd or something to that effect... just not worth it considering he's very expensive and regressing. At least with a Clowney per se he's only 26 and hasn't peaked yet, but that ship sailed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Smh shaq barrett should have been in purple...its too late now. This defense is going to get worked against better QBs

He was the guy I was hoping we would go for on the edge. Though he played limited snaps in Denver for the most part he seemed to have something. He's balling now.

Blog Entries

None of these teams are trading a pass rusher in season. These aren't trouble makers or guys holding out for money or causing any kind of problems. The time to make those kind of moves is in the offseason. Now you go with whatever you got.

7. Re: Pass rusher....

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree. More concerned with the run defense today and the blown coverages.
    I know it's all water under the bridge, but we seem to be feeling the departure of Mosely and Weddle (never mind Suggs and Smith). I understand fully why they are gone, but I just think that for now, their presence is missed and glaringly obvious. Hopefully, we'll get it worked out w/the horses we brought. No turning back now.....

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I know it's all water under the bridge, but we seem to be feeling the departure of Mosely and Weddle (never mind Suggs and Smith). I understand fully why they are gone, but I just think that for now, their presence is missed and glaringly obvious. Hopefully, we'll get it worked out w/the horses we brought. No turning back now.....
    We can’t fit the remainder of his $17m salary under our cap. He will be cut/traded in the offseason if we want a better shot at him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    None of these teams are trading a pass rusher in season. These aren't trouble makers or guys holding out for money or causing any kind of problems. The time to make those kind of moves is in the offseason. Now you go with whatever you got.
    I mean teams that know they aren't competitive would definitely consider it. Especially for a guy like Von Miller who is aging, regressing, expensive, and has a young stud in Chubb to fill his shoes. Elway has to be thinking about building draft capital and possibly adding a guy like Jake Fromm to compete with Lock. Like I said in my post, he would want us to overpay essentially. A 1st round pick would be steep considering Miller is so expensive from a cap perspective but for a team that has struggled to find a pass rusher in the draft or FA countless times over it would be an interesting discussion to have.

It would be a good buy-low as he has no sacks in 3 games and the Broncos are clearly heading into a rebuild. I think Von with a change of scenery and better scheme still has some high level play left in the tank. If I'm EDC I would at least call and see if they're open to it and what compensation they would want. Money off the books and draft capital has to sound appealing to them.

Blog Entries

Shane

Blog Entries

Ray.....

Yea

Blog Entries

There is no way that Jaylon Ferguson could do any worse than Bowser and Tim Williams. Those two combined for one tackle in yesterday's game. Otherwise, both of them were absent from the stat sheet. Play Sack Daddy NOW!'

Also, I was also thinking the same thing about trying to trade for Von Miller. He is 30 years old, and it looks like the Broncos are going to go into a bit of a rebuild. I agree that the Ravens should inquire about if he is available via trade.

The Ravens could have just signed Justin Houstion this off-season, and we wouldn't be dealing with this issue, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 09-23-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare