Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Earl Thomas- Expectations

Also...he's not Ed Reed. There's a reason why Reed is a first ballot HOF guy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This defense needs to be simplified. Too many blown coverages. He's coming from a base, simple defense in Seattle where they ran cover 3 80 percent of the time.
    I agree with this to an extent. The talent level is too high even without Jimmy to be having guys as wide open as we've seen for 3 games now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

This secondary as a whole is garbage af right now. Who would’ve imagined? Smh

He blew a coverage badly today. As great as he was in Seattle, he needs a better safety partnership and that's not Jefferson. Better call Kam Chancellor.

So maybe Wink Martindale is the problem....

Honestly, at this point I can only blame Jimmy Smith. I don't know why, but regardless of who the other defensive players are, when he gets injured they forget how to cover or even play zones. Outside of the season after Jimmy's lisfranc, I've never seen the defense get torched left and right while he was playing, but as soon as he's gone even players we all thought were great look like undrafted rookies.

Someone pay Jimmy to release this curse00

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Honestly, at this point I can only blame Jimmy Smith. I don't know why, but regardless of who the other defensive players are, when he gets injured they forget how to cover or even play zones. Outside of the season after Jimmy's lisfranc, I've never seen the defense get torched left and right while he was playing, but as soon as he's gone even players we all thought were great look like undrafted rookies.

Someone pay Jimmy to release this curse00
    They needed a guy like Tavon Young out there more than Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    They needed a guy like Tavon Young out there more than Jimmy.
    Today, yes. KC totally exposed the Ravens pass defense outside of the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    So maybe Wink Martindale is the problem....
    The corners are the problem Wink likes to blitz which forces QB's into mistakes and creates opportunities for CB's to make plays. Our CB's with the exception of Humphrey are not good enough

Blog Entries

The Ed Reed comparisons are silly. Thomas has been okay but I can see why people are looking for more. When you make someone the highest paid at their position expectations are sky high

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    The corners are the problem Wink likes to blitz which forces QB's into mistakes and creates opportunities for CB's to make plays. Our CB's with the exception of Humphrey are not good enough
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    But don’t you adjust your defense at some point to play for what it is instead of what you want it to be based on personnel?